• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 2

i don't quite see ur point, Ergo is Lightning Speed, Zephyr is Lightning Speed. Speed is therefore equal right? Lightning doesn't just suddenly become faster just because it's close to someone.

Smashtwig said:
i don't quite see ur point, Ergo is Lightning Speed, Zephyr is Lightning Speed. Speed is therefore equal right? Lightning doesn't just suddenly become faster just because it's close to someone.
With speed equalized, Divine Thunder becomes a blitz-worthy speed amp.

However, the speed needed to move in a certain timeframe gets higher the closer it is to something you want something not to hit

Regardless, Transonic to MHS+ amp vs Peak Human to MHS+ amp, if anything the argument works against Zephyr.

Zephyr is Supersonic if I counted the keys correctly, we are using the 4th/5th keys, so Ergo with his Peak Human cannot blitz Zephyr. Plus Zephyr has the versatility advantage, he has Intang/Invisibilty and flight with his Wind Form, so even if Ergo had the speed advantage, Zephyr should be able to use this along with his huge range advantage

He doesn't abuse range, especially with a sword he has like he does

And if for some reason Ergo is still to fast, Zephyr has Equalizer, making the strong weaker/slower and the weaker stronger/faster. This ensures that statwise they are on the same playing field. All Zephyr has to do is just use his massive versatility and range to his advantage.

Actually I'm not sure about Equalizer equalizing speed. And if that's true then Zephyrs speed amp would be equalized too

If Zephyr is treated to go Transonic to MHS+, Ergo should also be treated the same way. If we don't treat it like that, the matchup is actually reasonable and fair.

Ergo has more skill fighting against weapons meant to kill him in general and can take Zephyr out with sufficient amping. Not to mention the option of simply slashing Zephyr's hand to make it's killing potency much lesser in comparison.

DMUA said:
If Zephyr is treated to go Transonic to MHS+, Ergo should also be treated the same way. If we don't treat it like that, the matchup is actually reasonable and fair.
Ergo has more skill fighting against weapons meant to kill him in general and can take Zephyr out with sufficient amping. Not to mention the option of simply slashing Zephyr's hand to make it's killing potency much lesser in comparison.
I mean, if Ergo tries to block anything he dies

Again Equalizer (Zephyr magic stuff) makes amping a non option since it equalized all stats, so everything comes down to versatility

I think we can all say Zephyr wins, even though Ergo got little to no input. I know he could have stood better against him but didn't due to aforementioned reasons.

Eh, yeah, let's just go ahead and move to the next round, which should be Bete Nior vs Alex.

Of course, I'm about to post something that'll unfortunately yeet Wasteland Country from the Tourney.

So, that said, alex and the king are DQd, Ethan and Bete will progress free of charge.

As per round 4, it's Iris vs The Fallen Elf Generals. I'm getting fired up myself.

Back