• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A brackets Round 6

Yeah, I'll go Porygon FRA as well. Doomguy's main advantages are skill as well as 4x amps/invulnerability, both of which I believe are temporary. Porygon has his own amps and conversion 2 to close the AP gap, as well as paralysis inducement + fear manip + regen/healing + flight to wait Doomguy out.

People going FRA even though I didn't technically vote, lol

But yeah I'm voting now. Porygon for my reasons above.

This is suppose to be a 8-A battle did the creator of the tournament specific that temporary amps that increase them to a whole different tier are allowed?

So i think i will go with Porygon FMR and FRA, the thing here is that Doomguy's spheres are temporally, so they will give some trouble to Seizure Duck, but with that heal, he can easily recover from the damage, the thing that people are overlooking is Conversion 2, since Porygon needs to be damaged first before using it, but that don't change my vote

Doomguy: 2 (Litentric, Xtasyamphetamine)

Porygon: 5 (Weekly, Gyro, Saikou, Zach, Drite)

Drite did an oopsie

Drite77 said:
They are not in a different tier

Doomguy: 4 (Litentric, Xtasyamphetamine, Saikou, Zachary)

Porygon: 2 (Weekly, Gyro)
Doomguy is 8-A+ and is 4 times stronger with amps, see the problem?

Again Doomyguy is 8-A+ and he gets 4 times stronger with amps, it may not specify it in his profile, but that would make him jump a tier.

Inclined to go with Doomguy if we're allowing his massive stat amping.

Huesito88 said:
Again Doomyguy is 8-A+ and he gets 4 times stronger with amps, it may not specify it in his profile, but that would make him jump a tier.
Stat amps aer normally allowed, even when they make the guy jump a tier

wait

I just looked

Pory scales to Horsea

Horsea scales to creating a tornado

We're revising that (or we were going to ages ago) since the calc assumes a pretty absurd size for a tornado as well as assuming all are F3

Is this what all 8-A pokemon scale to or is there something else

Links? Just so I can know what AP gap is since tornado thing

Stat amps aer normally allowed, even when they make the guy jump a tier

Yeah normally, but this is a specified 8-A battle version by the OP.

Okay so still lower than the tornado thing

This makes the gap larger only to be further elaborated on by stat amps

As stated above, Doomguy outskills absurdly and has his own (if temporary) extremely relevant abilities.

Yes, Porygon can fly, and yes, saying "Doomguy has dealt with flying enemies" wouldn't normally be a counter but it isn't as if he doesn't have guns that harm the same big-boy enemies. With a 4x amp Doomguy can unironically one-shot, now being at a 7.9x AP gap.

My vote for Doomguy stands. A good hit is all he needs to OHK and the skill gap is insane.

Even then, this assumes Pory does that first (which it may very well not) and regardless, just adds another hit that needs to be thrown. In a haxless bracket the skill gap means a lot.

Conversion2 is kinda its signature move. Aside from that, paralysis inducement, stat amps + healing account for about half of Porygon's movepool, all of which are effective against Doomguy. Plus passive fear manip + regen

> every comment against my points is 1 kudos

> every single one is Weekly

b i g t h i n k :
On a more serious note: the amp is not so noticeable that Pory stomps other pokemon of the same tier. It isn't comparable to instant 4x.

A signature move still isn't one they're assured to lead with. Last I checked, Pokemon have a relatively wide variety of moves, all of which are manual. Pory's fearhax isn't so great it forces incap and regen can be easily overcome by just beating on them.

Man people really like to get upset when i specifcally agree with something, even though other people kudosed the same messages lol

Doomguy: 3 (Litentric, Xtasyamphetamine, Bambu)

Porygon: 6 (Weekly, Gyro, Saikou, Zachary, Drite, Jacky)

Back