• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A brackets Round 6

To start, Doom Guy have the AP advantage, by not too much. The thing is that Doomguy can really make the difference higher with the Quad Damage Sphere.

Porygon can make things work for him using Thunder Wave to slow Doomguy even with his speed enhancement on, boost his defense with Barrier and his speed with Agility. The holograms might be counter by the fact that Porygon normally will attack the one with low HP. Porygon also have alot of reliable recovery that is boosted by his IQ skill, plus the addition of passive recovery and higher HP. Conversion 2 will maybe help here, making Porygon resist to alot of Doomguy's arsenal and even immune to his Lightining Gun. Zap Cannon itself is a really powerfull move, that will land a hit if Lock-On is activated, Invisibility can also be countered by Lock-On, or the omni-directional attack Discharge. While Porygon don't have the incredible Nasty Plot, Charge Beam can be good if he have luck, while Sharpen can really boost Porygon's attack, but that will not be used to much, since Download will Amp his Special Attack, and only 3 moves benefit form Sharpen (Quick Attack, Tackle and Zen Headbutt), who each, besides Quick Attack, have better versions on the special side, and Doomguy can easily launch Porygon to the other side, via that sweet Class M.

But overall, while Porygon have some good things in his favor, mainly paralysis, recover and Conversion 2. I think that Doomguy might take this one, well, depending on some things, first of all, he can use all of his sphere things together, if yes, than this is prob a stomp, since his Invulnerability makes Porygon unable to damage him, if no, than the Invulnerability Sphere has a timer? If no, than Doomguy takes this on. If yes, i might need to rethink somethings to see if Porygon can make this, not voting till this is answered

From what I saw, Doomguy is > 416 tons whereas Porygon scales to 717 tons

Okay.

First thing's first, Doomslayer can't use all of his spheres at once and they don't last forever but atleast one will be extremely useful.

This incarnation of Doomguy severely outskills so bad the skill gap makes it look like putting a piece of meat against Bruce Lee. He has dealt with the Cyberdemon's danmaku missile attack, constantly dodges energy blasts in a confined space (don't mind the dude's dodging skills since he was using the shitty gauss cannon but DS is still supposed to dodge those even if the player didn't), dealt with forcefield users , deals with even more danmaku and so many mobile kinds of demons during his centuries of sojourn in Hell so dodging most of the stuff that Porgyon throws out shouldn't be a problem plus DS is pretty patient so he can try to anticipate and learn from some of Porygon's attacks.

Omnidirectional attacks is going to be a problem but not when DS activates his invulnerability sphere, so he's going to be left paralyzed but invulnerable so it doesn't seem like a big factor for Porygon winnning. But IIRC I remember DS shrugging off some stun effect and I'm not sure which game but that doesn't matter for now.

Conversion 2 doesn't do crap when DS starts filling the duck with lead and fists, plus it hurts even worse when he amps himself fourfold with quad dmg sphere which is going to make him tear the duck in half then proceed to shit on his remains by blasting it again and again until it's just chunks of whatever he's made of. Intangibility doesn't really matter when DS has NPI so he does what he does best to Porygon.

Overall Doomslayer via AP, dura, better experience with most of Porygon's stuff, better stat amps that amp his overall dmg fourfold including one that increases his strength when he gets angry, invulnerability and better physical stats to the point he's invulnerable to most of Porygon's attacks (save for electricity which ignores dura to an extent but doesn't matter anyways)

Doomguy counters two of Porygon's main abilities, being invisibility and turning into data. Both can amplify their speed, though Porygon's amp is likely better since it's permenant, and Porygon gets a further edge with its forms of paralysis inducement. So this probably comes down to whether or not Porygon holds its edge even with Doomguy's 30 second invulnerability.

I mean Porygon can fly. I feel like that might make it able to handle Doomguy's quite a bit better. Plus regen and ability to adapt and resist his attacks.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I mean Porygon can fly. I feel like that might make it able to handle Doomguy's quite a bit better. Plus regen and ability to adapt and resist his attacks.
He's dealt with flying demons before. A lot of them.

He can't finish the fight quickly if he's paralyzed + Porygon is amping its speed + fear manip is causing Doomguy to flinch + regen + healing + conversion2 to adapt + resist Doomguy's attacks

That doesn't make flight not an advantage. Having something that resists your attacks and gets progressively faster and faster fly around you while spamming projectiles that can paralyze you is going to be a pain in the ass either way.

Also Doomguy's default AP advantage is minuscule going by the above numbers, at only 1.09 times stronger. And this advantage gets nullified by a single use of Conversion 2 and further nullified by Barrier or Sharpen. So I doubt that Doomguy's buffs would let him one shot Porygon.

Porygon's heal is also really large with the IQ skills.

Also Gyro, Doomguy having Fear isn't a thing that i would see everyday, considering what this guy have already deal with it, so i didn't mention that in my wall of text

Drite77 said:
Also Gyro, Doomguy having Fear isn't a thing that i would see everyday, considering what this guy have already deal with it, so i didn't mention that in my wall of text
Dealing with scary things =/= dealing with fear manipulation.

Eh, true, i still can't believe that Doomguy, of all people, can be affected by a Fear Manipulation, giving how badass he is

Also im going with porygon fra, its arsenal is actually rather well suited to deal with doomguy's skillset

Back