• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Precog and "stuff like normal" don't work together. How far does it work, is he lites to personal pov or can he know everything that happens, etc.

And how far does "also hurting the soul" go? Because hurting the soul can just one-shot others as far as we know.

Either a few seconds into the future, or for more broad stuff(like building an empire) it lets him see hundreds of years in the future but that is not combat applicable.

I guess?

Mana shield blocks life absorbtion, so he'll be in for a tough time too.

If he doesn't work out we're making the next match tough.

It also damages the soul of the target over time as do pretty much all his attacks besides like punching or smth.

To someone without resistance, it won't insta kill them right?

right..

well for my argument, I believe that swain should be able to use his precog and teleportation to navigate around the danmaku, it wont be easy, but as his own attacks hit giving him the memories that the dragon has of is own abilities he would find it easier and easier to get around its attacks. His precog woul dlikely tell him that flight would make it even easier so he would likely transform giving him the aoe drain as well. He also has low-mid regen to heal whatever hits he does take as long as it is not in succession.

basically I vote swain via wittling the dragon down through its soul over his physical attacks due to the AP difference. He also heals himself off of the life and soul drain.

I vote the dragon. Enemies that can telwport aren't new to it and it can do so too, it's balls attack an eny without it knowing where it went, and between AP and Danmaku his ranged attacks would be destroyed.

Flying doesn't help much with this danmaku and life absorbtion is nopes until the mana barrier is destroyed, and with lesser AP and less attacks, he won't be doing that before he attacks wear him down.

As I mentioned above he has precog which is his main way of getting around the danmaku since he would know where the attacks are going before they start he would be moving already. Flight and teleportation simply help with the nagivation.

The barrier can't block soul attacks. It would stop the life absorption but the dragon would still have it's soul drained over time. He would win with soul absorption over time rather than AP.

Knowing of danmaku doesn't make it disappear, he still has to dodge and attack, and the latter is made nigh impossible by his ranged attacks being destroyed.

And yes, it can. It stops intangible attacks aimed at your mind, soul, etc. The only thing that ignored it was spatial Manipulation, but that's hardly important here.

And staying "ten steps ahead of others at all times" doesn't make the danmaku desaooear. And it would change it's attacks depending on how he reacts, and I would need proof that he can dodge stuff by the simple fact that he can fly. Teleportation just gains him a second till he is blasted in wherever he telepíted to.

I don't see why you need proof he can dodge? Dodging is simply moving around an attack. He has precog, flight and teleportation. With the combination of those 3 he can play keep away with the soul drain constantly wearing down the dragon.

It won't make the danmaku disappear but he would certainly be able to act around the danmaku by knowing exactly where it would be before it is.

And on top of that he constantly heals as long as the air is draining something even a shield.

Swain has multiple ways to avoid Danmaku, and due to his insane precog he'd know its coming long, long before the dragon even thinks to use it

I need proof because gusts of wind from multiple directions are not something you can dodge without being faster. Knowing they are coming don't stop it, and he can't teleport all day.

And soul drain gets noped by barriers.

When said gusts of wind are coming from kilometers away with equal speed and you know about them several minutes befor the opponent even thinks to use them they are very easy to dodge

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I need proof because gusts of wind from multiple directions are not something you can dodge without being faster. Knowing they are coming don't stop it, and he can't teleport all day.

And soul drain gets noped by barriers.
He can teleport around enough. You don't need to be faster with instant teleportation. The dragon can't keep the barrier up all today either.

It won't get noped the barrier would eventually go down. It is not quite a 4 times AP difference but that is enough for damage to start mounting up.

They teleport close to each other, so distance is a no-factor here.

When in close range, I could know a gust if wind is coming, it doesn't mean I can just dodge it. Especially when from multiple directions.

Unless you're saying he'll constantly stay at over a kilometer of range, in which case Drag just out lasts it by regen ing it's stamina faster than it uses it.

It's range is simply likely hundreds of meters meaning that it has not even shown that sort of range. Then I guess they would both stay at that distance which would be an inconclusive? Because then swain won't use that much stamina either.

It can keep it up all day... unless it continously gets smashed with potent attacks, anyways.

The barrier regenerates with it's MP, and his ranged attacks will be space in number when forced to constantly dodge.

Plus, you know, it can use gravity to slam him violently to then ground and the fill him with attacks if it needs to.

Which is what the constant drain is for.

Which is what precog is for.

Teleportation means that being unable to physically move does not do anything.

WeeklyBattles said:
Friendly reminder that Swain's soul manip actually bypasses barriers
Friendly reminder that Dragoniak's shields block stuff like that.

Health drain doesn't work on barriers, period, and they have no souls to damage either.

It very much does, because he'll constantly have to teleport, running out of stamina, or constantly teleport outside of his own range, running out of stamina in more time.

And the dragon would constantly have to keep up its gusts running out of stamina too.

I still don't know where it's kilometer range comes from.

His shields block stuff that bypasses his ability to block? Because Swain's soul manip works THROUGH barriers specifically meant to block his soul manip.

WeeklyBattles said:
His shields block stuff that bypasses his ability to block? Because Swain's soul manip works THROUGH barriers specifically meant to block his soul manip.
Yes. That's the point of European stifled mana shields. They block stuff with no vectors like telekinesis, stuff that can pass through normal barriers like kwon's flames, etc.

Rocker1189 said:
And the dragon would constantly have to keep up its gusts running out of stamina too.

I still don't know where it's kilometer range comes from.
From being comparable to Gnome's evolved form, which has several times the range it had previously, which was 330 meters.

And it is comparable to people that fight for days dude.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yes. That's the point of European stifled mana shields. They block stuff with no vectors like telekinesis, stuff that can pass through normal barriers like kwon's flames, etc.
Swain's soul manip has vectors though, it just negates barriers

And you guys are arguing that this guy passively drains other's soul, can see every action one plans to take, and can easily teleport out of the way before they could hope to hit them.

Completely fair you guys....

Can you name me one character in the brackets you actually believe could beat him?

He only does "passive drain" in transformation.

Dude...you have a near 4 times AP advantage. Apparently a ceaseless shield that can block basically anything at this rate won't be surprised if it blocks like causality manipulation or smth. Aoe wind gusts that apparently are constant and does not need him to use a lot stamina to use. Constant danmaku which is also ceaseless and spammable teleportation... Oh and gravity manipulation.

You can't really be arguing that we are being unfair?

And I did not look at anyone else in the bracket. Just the dragon. If I was being unfair deliberately I would have brought up Vladimir or syndra or baron nashor or smth...

No, this are not alike at all.

My character has danmaku and a regenerating forcefield. Something with AP comparable to it could break the barrier, the light can be reflected, the wind can be ignored with higher lifting strenght, and it's teleport action isn't soammable. It can be used multiple times, but it's size means that dodging with it doesn't change much.

Your guy can passively kill things in some unspecified amount of time, can predict and doge any possible attack they have before they can even think about it, and bypasses forcefields.

You can't compare high stamina and Danmaku with passive soul damage and precog teleport ing out of all harms way.

Cube and tsunayoshi could probably beat the dragon. Can you name something that could beat you're nomination as far as you're claiming?

I am not even going to argue about your dragon anymore but I don't see how this cube thing not more broken than swain is. Mind hax and power null. And a bunch of other stuff. Even with precog swain can't dodge mind hax if it has not method of travel.

Cube doesn't have power null, and the mind hax isn't mind control.

Back