• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Godzilla poster
Round 5: Nami (One Piece) vs Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic Boom)

Brackets Standings

Brackets Hub

Skypiea Saga Nami is used, and speed is UNequalized

Battle takes place in Hedgehog Village

Sonic scales to 11 kilotons, Nami (down?)scales from 65 kilotons

May the best fighter win.

Nami: 8

Sonic: 2

Inconclusive:

Nami render
Sonic Boom Sonic 2

Anyways, Sonic tries to headbutt her and gets electrocuted, and then she keeps wailing on him till he's dead.

Hold on here for a moment! Let me tell you why Sonic can win, please.

Alright. With the Ultrasonic Speed Amplifier, he can basically amp up his speed (yes amping speed in Speed Equal matches is allowed, I mean, look at Polnareff with his Silver Chariot taking his armor off). With this speed, he runs fast enough to reach his opponent, freezes her, and does a shattering blow, ignoring Durability as you read Sonics profile.

Will you reconsider now?

As far as I remember, pretty much every fight where he doesn't have a reason to assume the enemy is particularily powerfull is him becoming a badly animated ball and ramming, and what you described would hardly be done for an opening move unless he got a reason for it.

And he isn't even MHS+ with it, so it's feats are nowhere above X4 speed amps.

But again, he is hardly one to start serious.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And he isn't even MHS+ with it, so it's feats are nowhere above X4 speed amps.

But again, he is hardly one to start serious.
Speed is equal, no? Hence, he amps at the start to bypass that law and runs fast to touch the pirate and freeze her.

Didn't Sonic send himself into another dimension using the Speed Amplifier device? I doubt he'd know how to properly use it without Tails' help. If he sends himself to another dimension, Nami wins via technical BFR

Gladly.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Anyways, Sonic tries to headbutt her and gets electrocuted, and then she keeps wailing on him till he's dead.
Wrong, Sonic touches her and freezes her to death. And when he knows its serious seeing his opponent being too tough, he shall be serious.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Didn't Sonic send himself into another dimension using the Speed Amplifier device? I doubt he'd know how to properly use it without Tails' help. If he sends himself to another dimension, Nami wins via technical BFR
Then he cranks it slightly upwards to at least manage to dodge the attacks faster. Theres your answer!

Can you use more grammar? From what I understand your argument is pretty dumb, but who knows?

Anyways, no, he won't be abble to get close to her without touching her bubbles, which, you know, introduce him to uncontrollable trashing and then he gets no chance to do anything before he gets done in.

First, why is speed equal? Nami's around baseline MHS+.

Second, at this point Nami dealt with a character that can amp her speed to the blitz point and was much physically stronger with Pseudo Flight and a power that basically weakens you to the point of being unable to move.

She has illusion creation, lightning based attacks and a serious AP advantate.

Sonic is screwed.

No, Speed is equal. He amps, runs, and GG. Hes too fast for Nami to react anyways when it comes to Speed Equal matches.

No.

He doesn't speed amp in character and dies before he'd get the chance to.

And she dealt with people with better speed amps.

And his speed amp isn't even x4.

That means he blitz, which is technically a way to say this match can't be added. Ironically, Nami's faster and if she gets blitzed here then this won't be added.

I also noticed this is Skypiea Nami, which makes the equalization even more non-sensical since she's halfway MHS physically.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
No.

He doesn't speed amp in character and dies before he'd get the chance to.

And she dealt with people with better speed amps.

And his speed amp isn't even x4.
Speed is Equal, so all reactions, attacks, and movements are equal. Amping, however, ignores that law.

Amping does ignore speed equal, however that doesn't mean Sonic HAS to speed amp if he doesn't do it already in character.

Psychomaster35 said:
Speed is Equal, so all reactions, attacks, and movements are equal. Amping, however, ignores that law.
And that ignores everything I said.

She dealt with people with better amps than him (despite them being on her level of speed) and he will not use the speedamp before he dies.

Sonic isn't bloodlusted, so please stop acting like he is. He doesn't even use his aura's normally, let alone speedamps.

The Calaca said:
I also noticed this is Skypiea Nami, which makes the equalization even more non-sensical since she's halfway MHS physically.
Alright, I'll unequalize speed then, since they're practically the same anyway

GyroNutz said:
Amping does ignore speed equal, however that doesn't mean Sonic HAS to speed amp if he doesn't do it already in character.
Can you remove the speed equal? Isn't really needed.

Edit: Don't you ninja my request boy!

Back