• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought you said electricity can get past it? Plus garnet can use her electricity as a sneak attack by sending it through the ground, and with her precog she'd know that the majority of her attacks wont be of much use

ah, okay

Yes, I said that Electrical attacks work, and they do, so Copen will actually have to dodge it legitimately, which can be done will with Bullit Dashing.

But I forgot that Precog and now sneak attacks exist, so that will be difficult to do. However, her other attacks that arent electrical won't work, limiting her to just electricity

looks like I'll have to think on this harder

This is a thinking moment. You guys should make conclusions on your own too yknow, don't completely rely on me!

I know nothing about Copen lol

Plus im lowkey waiting to see if the new SU game gives Garnet any new powers (Spoilers she's getting fire and ice manip)

oh, rip

Well, what you need to know about Copen is:

Attacking: He rushes up to his enemy with a Bullit Dash (high speed mid air dash in any direction), and hits the guy with his gun, "tagging" them. He bounces away and then fires from his gun, or any of his other EX weapons, how with increased power and extreme homing capabilities

Defending: He can use the Bullit Dash to dodge out of the way of a LOT of attacks, his mobility in-verse is astounding. Otherwise, he can just spam Prevasion, which costs him some Bullits, but he can continue to reload over and over forever

Okay and whats his skill looking like? Garnet holds the edge in experience by a magnitude of several thousand years

Copen's really just got a 100 years on him, though it's all spent fighting in a post apocalypse against pretty much an endless army. Not much in comparison. It's still gonna be a hard fight even with the experience edge

Though it should be noted Copen's been pretty much fighting constantly for that time against Adepts with incredibly varied powers. It's kind of like the reason RHG characters are skilled, but for literally over a hundred years.

I mean thats not really the only reason why RHG characters are considered skilled...

Garnet in one battle during the rebellion took down three battalions (Anywhere from 900 to 2400) of Quartz soldiers whose sole reason for existing is to be strong and highly skilled in combat

Yep. Garnet definately has the skill advantage.

Still, Copen has dealt with skill disadvantages before. He's fought Gunvolt, who's been trained to fight for most of his life and is the most skilled member of QUILL despite Copen having (seemingly) no formal combat training.

Copen really only "trained" when he was basically just working out in order to survive not being torn apart from his own suit in the first game. But he's a cyborg now so-

So to summarize so far:

AP/Dura: Copen

Speed: Equalized

Lifting Strength: Garnet

Stamina: Garnet

Experience: Garnet

Skill: Garnet

Abilities: Copen's Prevasion allows him to avoid most of Garnet's attacks but her electricity allows her to bypass that and Precog lets her know that she has to use it to do so

Do i have this correct so far?

No? Im just going over the argument so far and so far its putting Garnet in a more likely win scenario but im not giving a final vote yet

Copen's dealt with enemies that can ignore his Prevasion before (Both Blade and Asimov). Both of them also had many more ways of doing it and had known about him for a long time.

Garnet's only real way of damaging Copen is to hit him cose range or with a ground level Shock Wave. Copen is a Projectile fighter who typically takes to the air when fighting. You can see how this might be an issue for Garnet.

Copen usually only gets in close to get the initial tag or if close combat is more effective, and is more than willing to just spam lasers.

Also, about Garnet's Precog. It seems like it requires considerable focus to use, something Copen wouldn't give Garnet time to have. This means that she wouldn't know she needs to use electricity. Since Copen himself uses electricity, that would probably deter her from using electricity manipulation even more since characters arn't usually weak to their own attacks.

As for your stats,

AP/Dura: Correct

Lifting Strength: Correct But when has LS even been a deciding factor

Stamina: Probably correct. Copen is a cyborg to the extent to where he seemingly dosn't need to eat and his eyes are cameras. It's possible he has limitless stamina, but the extent of his cyborgization is unknown.

Experience and Skill: Correct. But, Copen is still immensely skilled. Both are at a skill level to where the difference stops mattering as much.

@Smashor Garnet's lightning attacks are projectile as well and she has several other ranged attacks like her rocket gauntlets, she's more than capable of hitting him in the air. Hell she's entirely capable of jumping hundreds of meters in the air to get to him and can even go as far as to use her shapeshifting to reach him.

It really doesnt, she's used precog on the fly in combat several times before, and it lets her view things hours or days in advance. She has to think to use it as its not passive precog but she doesnt need explicit focus unless her visor is removed as her visor is what allows her to do so. Also she retaliated against Peridot's electrical attacks by using her own electricity so i wouldnt exactly say she'd be unwilling to use electricity against an electricity user.

I see.

Still, Copen has dealt with boarderline danmaku of prevasion nullification before (As seen in his fight with Demerzel), so a few lightning bolts and hadokens won't bother him too much.

Copen has been shown to be willing to damage his enemy's equiptment if he can find a way how as seen with his fight against Crimm.

Lola is also able to tell Copen what the most effective weapon to use against his enemy is, and what weapons don't work too well.

Here's my virdict. Copen has a huge advantage in variety, and his Prevasion forces Garnet to use a specific ability that Copen is very, very, VERY familiar with (He's fought electricity users on at least 7 occasions in this timeline), and every electricity user Copen has fought has been considerably more adept at it then Garnet (Ba-dum-tss). Garnet's main boon over Copen is Precog. However, most of Copen's kit is homing attacks, meaning Garnet would have a really hard time dodging Copen's everything. Shroud Spear in particular is a homing weapon that prevents Garnet from moving if it hits. While it is true Garnet has a skill advantage over Copen, Copen has fought a lot of what Garnet can do before and has a history challanging enemies with more combat skill than him. Also, a side note, Photon Detonator is specifically energy, not heat, so those explosions will work on Garnet fine.

Long story short, Copen has a really good variety advantage and has dealt with almost all of the disadvantages he has in this fight, many of them more than once. I'd say Copen wins 6/10 times.

Seeing as Garnet's Gauntlets can regenerate indefinitely so long as she isnt poofed him damaging them isnt going to work.

What weapon does he have that would be specifically effective against her though?

Garnet doesnt really need to dodge though, she's more than willing to use her gauntlets as intercepting missiles and shields against projectiles (To the point that she can make them larger than her own body to defend herseld)

@Weekly

How long does this Regenerationn take? And it's not like she wouldn't still be taking damage, espesially since some of Copen's weapons (Most notably his basic shots when there's a tag on his enemy) go around enemy defenses

I don't know, but it's not like anything but Stellar Spark would be espesially ineffective. It's more or a "Lola can analyze things" thing.

That was more me saying Lola may or may not be able to tell Copen about where Garnet's gems are, but I don't entirely know since there's never been an enemy with a specific weak point in the series before.

Copen just needs to damage Garnet enough so that she de-fuses into Ruby and Sapphire, who Copen beats with superior abilities and AP respectively. If Garnet kills Copen with a suprise attack or something, she still needs to deal with Copen's ressurection from Anthem. Sure, Garnet could precog and try to attack Lola, but Copen is fircely defensive of her and Lola has the same durability as Copen.

Her gauntlets regenerate instantly, to the point that she can and has viably used them as rapid-fire missiles.

What does Stellar Spark do?

How does Anthem work? And wouldnt him trying to defend Lola put him in a position to be directly hit by her attacks?

Stellar Spark has two variations, one with no tags, and one with

No Tag: Fires three beams of electricity directly forward, this projectile attack is extraordinary large

Tag: Unleashes a massive homing orb of electricity upon the enemy, due to it's massive size and homing capabilities, it's pretty sure to hit

Anthem works on command by Lola, whenever Copen dies, she can revive him back to full health, more power, and infinite "Bullits" which basically allow for flight and infinite Prevasion, it's basically OP mode

Why would those be more likely to work exactly? Garnet is electricity-proof

So then Garnet would absolutely go for Lola first as she'd see that she can do that

They wouldn't, that's what he was trying to say

Copen would be defending her tho, so Garnet will have to get through him first I assume

Oh okay lol

Yeah but what i mean is if she knows to go for Lola and Copen will defend her she can just throw stuff that would work on Copen at Lola knowing he'd take the hit for her

At the same time, Lola is a pretty small target who's also fairly fast. Copen would be more likely to try and dodge anyways.

Garnet is used to fighting small, fast targets though, and how would he be able to simultaneously dodge and protecther at the same time?

Back