• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Housefly vs Mosquito

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
You know how both houseflies and mosquitoes are both bugs that literally everyone would squish unless you wanna die of diseases or something? Well, what if we pitted them against each other? We have the housefly, whose larvae are often the cause of terrifying Google Images searches, and the mosquito, whose kill count makes sharks and tigers look like the people who stand in grass with a sign that says "keep off the grass." This'll be a full SBA match, so this is going to be fun. Here are their profiles.:

Housefly's Profile

Mosquito's Profile

Who takes this?

NOTTHEMOSQUITOES
Fly PNG3955
Housefly: 7 (Armorchompy, Frieza force soldier 100, XSOULOFCINDERX, Glitch Trainer MangleMan25, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Listentomyrhytm, Planck69)
Mosquito: 0

Everyone Dies, The End: 0

Neither of them has any real tool to harm the other, so they'll just ram into each other until one of them can no longer move. The housefly is heavier and has better reflexes. I think that its profile might actually be missing some stuff, I might be wrong but iirc they can sense air flow and have reflexes much faster than peak human.

@Armorchompy

Yeah, I can see the fly hitting harder, at least because of its speed.

Flashlight237 said:
@Armorchompy
Yeah, I can see the fly hitting harder, at least because of its speed.
The fly is faster, but I think its bulk and weight are what wins it the battle.

It wouldn't be able to, because of the fly having better reflexes, but it also wouldn't do any damage, due to the fly being stronger and easily be able to push it off. And since its proboscis is so frail, it likely wouldn't attempt such a thing.

I'd argue your average fly can render food unconsumable due to the way it eats, but then again some mosquitoes carry malaria, which is far worse- then again, it isn't exactly their fault.

Bump.

Also, yeah, flies don't have teeth, so their only way to consume hard food is to vomit over it, partially liquify it, and than suck it up through their retractable hose like mouths, meaning they have to eat their own vomit. It's more of a pick your poison in regards to which insect is worse. Do you want the louder buzzing one that does that to your food, or the quieter one that makes you itch and carries (extremely minute dosages of) diseases?

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Bump.
Also, yeah, flies don't have teeth, so their only way to consume hard food is to vomit over it, partially liquify it, and than suck it up through their retractable hose like mouths, meaning they have to eat their own vomit. It's more of a pick your poison in regards to which insect is worse. Do you want the louder buzzing one that does that to your food, or the quieter one that makes you itch and carries (extremely minute dosages of) diseases?
I mean, one of them is the animal that kills the most humans per year, the other isn't.

Back