• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Thought about this a few days ago and it kinda makes sense so I decided to make a thread about it to see what others think. I know we currently have another thread going on but if this one is accepted then that one becomes unneeded so let's just get to it.

6-C Scaling

For those not aware, the 6-C/Island level comes from season 2 Danny being 100 times weaker than Pariah Dark.

Back Scaling Evidence

1. Princess Dorathea

Dorathea has a casual High 7-A feat is season 2 which is used to supports the 6-C ratings as well

In season 2 episode 14 "Beauty Marked" in which the feat above took place. Sam asks Dorathea why she let's her brother push her around and states she is just as strong. Dorathea then looks at her amulet and states exactly "true, we do share the same power".

This means the amulet gives her all of her power and as we seen, she preformed the feat in dragon form. In season 1, episode 2 "Parental Bonding", Danny could push back dragon Dorathea as well as fight Sam and Paulina who both got transformed and empowered by the amulet which grants at least High 7-A power, 6-C via scaling

The only question people would ask is if Dorathea got stronger so the amulet would stack up as well. I'd like to point out Dorathea doesn't train!, in season 1 we see she wanders the Ghost Zone doing nothing except trying to find a date, and in season 2 we see she's under her brother's rule and she states all she doesn't is smile and look happy. She is also over 1,600 years old but you telling me only now in several months her power jumps for no reason!?.

So it's obvious she didn't do a mass increase in power from season 1 to 2 because she doesn't and has never shown to train and if she could get that strong in several months then she would be far more powerful given her age. With that not being the case, this means Danny at around episode 2 of season 1 could fight people who are at least High 7-A via a casual feat and 6-C via scaling.

2. Fright Knight

My next piece of evidence is the Fright Knight himself. As we know, in season 2 episode 4-5, Danny proved he could effect Fright Knight and that they were comparable to a degree.

Remember that in season 1 episode 13, Danny could fight the Fright Knight. Now yes, early in the fight Danny couldn't really do anything but his power grew and he could fight on par with him. The Fright Knight could not have gotten stronger from season 1 to 2 because he was sealed the entire time meaning he had no ability to train. Plus like Dorathea, Fright Knight is very old, if he naturally grew in power like this, why didn't it happen sooner?.

This would support Danny being 6-C as well since he gained enough power to fight a character who's season 2 level.

3. Ghost Portal Energy Output

Remember in the final episode in the series "Phantom Planet", Skulker and several ghosts blasted Danny and their energy output reached a level that transformed Danny into ghost form, replicating the Ghost Portal output.

This means that level of energy was the same degree of when Danny used it in season 1 but got knocked out. This would support 6-C since the energy required would be the same power as Skulker during season 3 who is At least 6-C. So season 1 Danny survived being blasted by 6-C level energy and only got knocked out instead of vaporized.

4. Vlad Plasmius

This one is simple and It's about Vlad's age. He's already reached his prime, he gained his ghost powers and stated he's been honing them for years. But you're telling me he only reached Tier 8 levels of power after 14+ years but then in the few months between season 1 and 2 his power just randomly shot up to Tier 6?. Vlad should have been this strong at the start of the series.

These are the 4 main arguments that I found that supports 6-C Season 1 Danny Phantom characters.

Arguments

I only know of one to two real argument and that would be lack of feats on that level in season 1 and that Danny's biggest feat is causing that crater in the first episode. However this is using the AoE fallacy. Just because that's the amount of destruction he caused, that doesn't mean that's his level of Attack Potency and thanks to the evidence from those 4 characters, the scaling isn't an issue from what I can see. And he's not harmed by anything other that ghosts on his level and weapons made to effect ghosts.

Another argument would be is, wouldn't this make season 1 Danny possibly Low 6-B if the Fenton Portals energy output was comparable to season 3 characters?. However it actually wouldn't, remember that the season 3 characters are only possibly Low 6-B and Danny was knocked completely unconscious and received an unknown amount of damage so he wouldn't scale to the full output. Even if we ignored the ghost portal thing, the evidence for scaling is still there.

Conclusion

Given the scaling evidence I think it's safe to assume season 1 characters are also 6-C do to back scaling. Danny's tier for season 1 would look like....

Tier: 6-C, likely higher

Attack Potency: Island level, likely Island level+ (Capable of harming characters with his level of durablity, fought against people empowered by the Amulet of Aragon which transforms them into a dragon with at least this level of power, later in the series, his power grew to the point were he could hold his own against the Fright Knight)

Durability: Island level, likely Island level+ (Survived the Fenton Ghost Portal explosion which is comparable to season 3 characters level of power but was knocked completely unconscious and received an unknown amount of damage, could take attacks from characters empowered by the amulet of Aragon which grants power at least on this level, took attacks from the Fright Knight)

Key: Season 1

The season 2 characters would get an "At least" next to their ratings since Danny is scaling down from Pariah Dark who has "At least" before his rating.

With that I only have one last thing to say!

Last edited:
When you said "we should just make Season 1 characters Island level" I thought you were joking

I'm neutral-ok with this
I actually was but then I thought about it and it somewhat makes but I understand if it seems like a stretch.

Oh yeah, as a sidenote, speaking of the ghost portal, in Memory Blank, at 16:30, Danny survives the ghost portal once again, but this time wasnt knocked out. Not sure if I should call it an outlier since we have clarified that Danny would be 100 times weaker than Pariah Dark, unless you are to potentially bring a suggestion that Pariah is 100 times stronger than Vortex.

Probably be considered an outlier since season 3 Danny survived with some damage when he used it to remove his powers but was still conscious. Season 2 Danny didn't seem to have any damage done which would make it an outlier. Pariah is stronger than Vortex but I don't think he's 100x more powerful.

I'm talking about visible damage. Sometimes they show characters with bruises and damage clothes when they want us to know the damage is serious.

Rewatching the scenes, it's actually consistent all three times (bear in mind I'm referring to the times he became Danny Phantom, not the time he lost his powers)

The first time according to the theme song he got knocked out and woke up as Phantom.

Memory Blank has him not knocked out but it's still hurt by the portal (you can see it takes a bit for him to get his bearings)

When he regains his powers in Phantom Planet from the combined blast he isn't even hurt, he's ready immediately ready to fight.

So the only inconsistency is when he lost his powers early in Phantom Planet.

Rewatching the scenes, it's actually consistent all three times (bear in mind I'm referring to the times he became Danny Phantom, not the time he lost his powers)

The first time according to the theme song he got knocked out and woke up as Phantom.

Memory Blank has him not knocked out but it's still hurt by the portal (you can see it takes a bit for him to get his bearings)

When he regains his powers in Phantom Planet from the combined blast he isn't even hurt, he's ready immediately ready to fight.

So the only inconsistency is when he lost his powers early in Phantom Planet.
The main reason I find that moment in season 2 inconsistent is because of the context we are given in the episode.

In said episode, Sam wished she never met Danny. Desiree makes it so and it alters the timeline to were Danny only knows Tucker and never got his ghost powers due to Sam being the one to suggest that he go into the portal. Given he never became a ghost and thus never grew stronger since he never battled a ghost or even seen one which is evident in his reaction to Desiree (He was scared completely).

This means it's basically season 1 Danny going in the portal again but not passing out like the first time and not receiving any serious visual injuries which would be inconsistent/outlier.

I mean, by that logic that means that Danny's powers reset and somehow got back to and surpassed his S1 level of power by the next episode (Sam just asked to get their memories back and keep the suit as it was, not undo her previous wish)

I mean, by that logic that means that Danny's powers reset and somehow got back to and surpassed his S1 level of power by the next episode (Sam just asked to get their memories back and keep the suit as it was, not undo her previous wish)
She specifically wished they never had their fight (which is what lead to the first wish) which means the timeline was altered back. She just added in the memory part after the first part to be more specific I presume since Desiree can alter the wish if it isn't clear.

There are similar instances where the timeline gets altered without visually showing it but we know the change happened.

Last edited:
Ok so let's see.

Agreed: 6) Da Lunge Fish, js250476, Ican'tthinkof1goodname, Lonkitt, Elizhaa, Dinobot1966

Neutral: 2) Blast X (Neutral - OK with the change), Psychomaster35 (Neutral, leaning possibly in agreement)

Disagree:

Well, it seems like this has been accepted then.

Alright, I'll apply the upgrades and lock this thread.

If anyone has a question they didn't get to ask just message me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back