• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Grace) Daniel J. D'arby vs. Mary Muldoon (A Noir Night)

Jackythejack

They/Them
The scene took place in Upstate New York. It was a cool summer's night. You could feel the jovial attitude of everyone as they walk down the street and enjoyed their night. However, there was one woman who was mentally preparing herself to get some information out of a man. Some man who had been apparently working with the mob who hadn't been connected to sudden disappearances, cases of assault (and power), and General strange behaviors. She was undercover, ready to figure it out. She had to play as the guy's comrade to really get in with him, and now, she invited him to a game.

An old, rundown apartment complex. That's where D'arby said to meet her. She didn't question it at the time but admittedly it was strange. Not any stranger than the man himself. He kept talking about stands, but Mary didn't understand a lick of it. She shook her head and stepped into the complex. Third floor, room number 27. That's where he was. She sighed and stepped into the room. It reeked of alcohol. D'arby was at the dinner table, shuffling a deck of cards. Blackjack, poker? No matter. Soon D'arby will be going from a Full House to the jailhouse.

"Ah, you've shown up, Jackie. Pleasure to have you here."

"let's skip the pleasantries, J." Mary pulled out her detective's badge and presented it to him, moving forward as she did. His eyes widened. "Mary Muldoon, private eyeball. You're gonna be telling me everything you know about that little mob you're working for."

D'arby's smile faltered for only a moment before it came back into that smug face of his. He knew something she didn't. "Now now, detective. Let's not get hasty. Let's discuss this over a simple game of cards. Now do you prefer blackjack or-"

"Cut the cards, D'arby!" She smacked the deck out of his hands and slammed her hands on the table. "You're coming with me to the clink, where we're gonna be asking a few questions."

Knowing he didn't have anywhere else to go, D'arby swung a fist at Mary. This was it, all or nothing.

(Speed is equalized, Mary doesn't have a gun)

Mary Muldoo

Daniel J. D'Arby

It's because the wiki hates me. I'm on mobile and any profile that has an apostrophe in it doesn't work when I link it

His range is only with soul claiming which won't come into effect here, and reactions are included in that speed equalization.

Range that doesn't apply to this situation? Because Mary isn't getting her soul stolen and Osiris works by stealing souls of people playing D'arby's games. It doesn't physically fight as it's not a combat stand.

And if I do remove it, it's just "a guy who will dodge literally every attack that comes his way because the girl has a gun that's not many times faster than the speed of light"

D'arby has absolutely no CQC abilities or anything related to that. He's just a guy with prep that lets him cheat at gambling. He may have a weak heart too given what happened when Jotaro beat him.

I mean, there nothing that specifically says Osiris can't be used to just punch, is there ?

Also, even if we assume it has the same strenght of Echoes ACT1, it would still give D'Arby a massive defensive edge as he could use his stand as a shield

The fact that his stands seems to only appear when he takes someone's soul implies he can't summon it normally.

Back