• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
So a while back after my last Sharnoth revision i ended up on the intelligence page, where i noticed something interesting, namely that the description for Supergenius has changed a little from what i remember, it now says:

"Supergenius: The highest level of non-omniscient intellect, possessed by individuals with unfathomably superhuman intelligence who are capable of creating impossibly advanced physics-defying and reality-warping fantasy technology for enormously diverse purposes.

In order to qualify for a Supergenius rating based on technological prowess, a character should be able to essentially warp reality in virtually any way that they wish on an at least base level infinite (High 3-A) scale with their inventions, or even use them to overpower tier 1 entities for higher cases. Simply defying the laws of physics with futuristic technology is very common for Extraordinary Geniuses as well. Meaning that there should be an enormous amount of versatility combined with an infinite scale of power and preferably range.

However, take note that, in order to qualify, characters genuinely have to invent things on their own, not mostly rely on already extremely futuristic settings.

Other ways to qualify through non-technological means are to be able to process and understand literally infinite amounts of information, or to design entire realities of infinite complexity through skill and comprehension, rather than just wishing them into existence, and feats of a comparable scale may also reach a Supergenius rating."

The bolded part is what's interesting. The most absurd golden eye user seen in translated material for What a Beautiful Series, so far is Mary Clarissa Christie. There are general statements about golden eye users in the past solving a huge number of mathematical formulas and starting up a super large learning machine that needed a 100 years to start up instantly, this is interesting albeit i forgot what side material it's from, but it's not the main crux of the argument for Mary, and then also Charlie who is her equal, possessing Supergenius intelligence.

That comes from the fact that Mary's golden eye:

Can give its user's awareness that Sharnoth is an eternal, infinite world

19ea2d4ef3af4a50b3f16101d0bf4acb.png

That Sharnoth and M, are one and the same

1c094dc439eb6bacded847ed590424db.png

And can tell their user the correct path to go, even within the infinite world of Sharnoth.

ff93b4520a9737a7faf09c0495429b78.png

These are feats of processing/understanding infinite information, seeing as well Sharnoth is infinite, so unless i am misunderstanding something, Mary and Charlie should be Supergeniuses.

I thought about scaling M to this seeing as Mary's golden eye can't read his formula, but Mary's feats with the Golden got more and more absurd each chapter, and while the same sort of thing was said in the final chapter where Mary displayed these feats, that took place before Mary entered Sharnoth, and it was like a day later than when she saw M use his formula, so i find that iffy.

However i wouldn't be surprised if someone posts evidence from like the web novels which take place after these Mary feats, of Mary not being able to understand M's formula.

This seems more on the side of the golden eye’s Hax rather than it being solely about intelligence. Her having awareness that the realm is infinite, is a cosmic awareness feat or good sensory, iirc a mage from Black Clover could tell Dorothy’s realm was endless from sensing but that does not exactly translate to processing infinite information.

The part about mathematic formulas is something EOG also can do

outperforming supercomputers,[1] and even accurately predicting the future through sheer mental calculations. This is where super scientists of exceptional scientific knowledge begin to appear.

So that wouldn’t qualify them for SG but for EOG it would.

Interesting angle I didn't think about :unsure:.

Seeing as Mary has a feat of seeing through multiple Sharnoth's, makes perfect sense she would be aware they are infinite, and the correct path to go within it.

M's nature though seems a little different, being able to know a 2-A/4-D beings true nature seems to fall under information analysis rather than Cosmic Awareness.

The bolded part is what's interesting. The most absurd golden eye user seen in translated material for What a Beautiful Series, so far is Mary Clarissa Christie. There are general statements about golden eye users in the past solving a huge number of mathematical formulas and starting up a super large learning machine that needed a 100 years to start up instantly, this is interesting albeit i forgot what side material it's from, but it's not the main crux of the argument for Mary, and then also Charlie who is her equal, possessing Supergenius intelligence.

Hikari no Valusia Official Blog glossary on Steampunk Series stuff. Though I think you can find this out on Sona Nyl's in-game glossary too, but I forgot.

黄金瞳 

その名の通り、黄金色の瞳。
北央帝国の皇帝血族に多く見受けられる特徴である。碩学協会及び北央帝国・皇帝家はこの瞳の所有者をきわめて重要視し、時に監視し、時に保護しているという。
多くの場合は遺伝として発現するが、何らかの条件によって突如として発現させてしまうも者もいる。協会も帝国も、特に後者のものを重視する。
この瞳は幾多の伝説を有している。
すべてを見抜くであるとか、すべての想いを受け止めるであるとか。
事実としてのみ述べるのであれば、この瞳を有した者の多くは、大型の機関に接続された大計算機にも匹敵する超人的な情報処理能力を得る。過去にも数度、黄金瞳の持ち主が大機関級の機関機械に接続し、膨大な数式を瞬時に解き、起動に幾百年を有するとされた超大な碩学機械を起動させることに成功している。

Golden Eyes.

As the name implies, they are Eyes of Gold.

It is a trait often see in imperial blood relatives of the Northern Empire. It's said that the Organization of Advanced Studies, the Northern Empire, and the Imperial Family have placed great importance on the owners of these eyes. At times, they monitor them. At times, they protect them.

They are expressed genetically in most cases, but there are also cases where they suddenly manifest due to certain conditions. Both the Organization and Empire have placed great emphasis on the latter.

There are many legends associated with eye, such as being said to be see through everything and accept all feelings.

As a stated fact, many people with these eyes gain superhuman information processing capabilities comparable to large computers connected to large Engines. Several times in the past, the owner of the Golden Eyes that were connected to a great Engine-level Engine Machine were able to instantly solve a huge number of mathematical formulas, and succeeded in activating a giant science machine that was said to take hundreds of years to start up.

Source, Hikari no Valusia Official Blog, General Steampunk Series glossary

Oh yeah, should give my thoughts.

This looks good to me.

Not sure what to give on Mary's GE shenanigans but that 2-A range hax effect do sounds mighty sweet~

2-A range? Only range on any sort of scale like that she has is seeing through multiple Sharnoth's, each of which are infinite.

If you are talking about her recognizing that M (who is 2-A), and Sharnoth, are one in the same, as i said it's info analysis.

Anyway, 2 of the 3 pieces of evidences i posted could be chalked up to cosmic awareness, the only thing left is the Golden Eyes being able see through everything

0c5d4b92f82fc2359b14fe9c4968a922.png

Which as i posted in the op, includes the true nature of things, such as higher dimensional beings like M, question is whether that is enough for the Supergenius rating.

If she's actively absorbing and processing the information of an infinite sized realm and using that to move its supergenius. If it's just the eye guiding her then it's Cosmic Awareness.

There are definite feats of the Golden Eye guiding Mary, but at the same time, also feats of her understanding the nature of Sharnoth, from what i can see.

Made a gallery with all i gathered.

Strongest evidence i think, gets back to what i have been saying, Mary understands the nature of M, who is the entire world of Sharnoth

if the eye specifically is what's causing them to process the infinite information and not their natural intelligence, that could just be either cosmic awareness or "supergenius with the eyes".

The eye increases intelligence

03bc1665d6a43bce55321b8bfa6ab579.png

-Shikkoku no Sharnoth, Act 1

@Qliphoth_Bacikal Also provided information which says that eye grants superhuman information processing capabilities, which lets their user solve a huge number of mathematical formulas, and succeeded in activating a giant science machine that was said to take hundreds of years to start up.

黄金瞳 

その名の通り、黄金色の瞳。
北央帝国の皇帝血族に多く見受けられる特徴である。碩学協会及び北央帝国・皇帝家はこの瞳の所有者をきわめて重要視し、時に監視し、時に保護しているという。
多くの場合は遺伝として発現するが、何らかの条件によって突如として発現させてしまうも者もいる。協会も帝国も、特に後者のものを重視する。
この瞳は幾多の伝説を有している。
すべてを見抜くであるとか、すべての想いを受け止めるであるとか。
事実としてのみ述べるのであれば、この瞳を有した者の多くは、大型の機関に接続された大計算機にも匹敵する超人的な情報処理能力を得る。過去にも数度、黄金瞳の持ち主が大機関級の機関機械に接続し、膨大な数式を瞬時に解き、起動に幾百年を有するとされた超大な碩学機械を起動させることに成功している。

Golden Eyes.

As the name implies, they are Eyes of Gold.

It is a trait often see in imperial blood relatives of the Northern Empire. It's said that the Organization of Advanced Studies, the Northern Empire, and the Imperial Family have placed great importance on the owners of these eyes. At times, they monitor them. At times, they protect them.

They are expressed genetically in most cases, but there are also cases where they suddenly manifest due to certain conditions. Both the Organization and Empire have placed great emphasis on the latter.

There are many legends associated with eye, such as being said to be see through everything and accept all feelings.

As a stated fact, many people with these eyes gain superhuman information processing capabilities comparable to large computers connected to large Engines. Several times in the past, the owner of the Golden Eyes that were connected to a great Engine-level Engine Machine were able to instantly solve a huge number of mathematical formulas, and succeeded in activating a giant science machine that was said to take hundreds of years to start up.

Source, Hikari no Valusia Official Blog, General Steampunk Series glossary

Of course this was said about past users, Mary would obviously be them on steroids seeing as she can undertstand M and Sharnoth's nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back