• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

5-B Pokémon Upgrade

Well, Pokemon is a popular series, so I guess it can attract attention in short time.
It's always better than discuss it now with the uncertainty of it being accepted or not and then having it evaluated again.

The OP’s proposal looks good.

I’d also like to point out that moving the earth around the sun at high speeds is a 5-A feat so this may apply to Xerneas (not sure since it was already calced differently, also is this a mystery dungeon feat?) and potentially be used as backing evidence.

Last edited:
I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion. Alternately, a staff member can use the @Username notification system.

No, that was before the revised calc was done by Bambu’s suggestions, to which anyone who upscaled from 5-A+ would be baseline High 5-A or above.

Now that it is regular 5-A, would the High 5-A rating still apply, or are they going to be a + rating instead?

5-A would be for anything between Primal Groudon/Kyogre and Reshiram/Zekrom, whatever scales above Reshiram and Zekrom will be 5-A+

Oh hey, what's that circular curvy thing behind all those rocks? Looks like the meteor didn't actually destroy the planet.

Also, the situation was completely hypothetical AND the meteor itself was specifically stated to be only 6 miles long (a definite highball tbh)... which according to our asteroid calc site is only about 900 megatons.
The meteor didn't destroy the planet, the calc is calculating the value of the planet's surface being ejected at ludicrous speeds, which is, fyi everyone, why the mass of the planet in the calc is much lighter then the planet, because it's a surface bust calc.

False. In the manga there was multiple meteors, with the big life wiping one being far larger then the meteor featured in the Delta Episode. I calced Grand Delta in the manga to be like 150km or around there off that very panel elsewhere, and it isn't a natural meteor, it's being tossed at earth through telekinesis.. You're confusing feats here.

And reminder, it's a 3DS game that canonically has skewed visuals that aren't indicative of how big they are in reality, as stated multiple times in various games themselves, such as that one kalos route being several km long with millions of stones despite being visually like 80m with a few dozen. It's 6m, even if Mega Ray can be seen next to it due to game limitations, much like Majora's Moon or the world of FF7.

Except it's wrong.

The meteor in the games and the meteor in the manga aren't actually the same. They have the same purpose in the plot, but in the manga it's actually much larger then the game's 6m one, it's over 100km.

Though that doesn't matter, the meteor isn't a planet busting meteor. It's a meteor that will destroy the planet, but not by literally shattering it, but by razing the surface and killing everything on it, which is what we see happen on panel and what was originally calced (hence why the weight isn't the value of earth's weight, it's using the surface weight).
Whatever the game says about it means nothing, ignoring that the game just says it'll destroy the planet, but that doesn't inherently mean planet bust, it could easily mean just ******* it up beyond repair, which is true and what would happen, what matters is what the manga says about it as that's where the feat is from and nowhere does it say it'll shatter the planet like an egg, in fact we're literally shown that isn't what's going to happen.

Saying the feat is it completely busting the planet doesnt work here, especially when the very thing being calced is visually NOT that. What's being done here is assuming a planet bust and taking the speed from a surface bust and combining them to get a certain result.

I'm fine with anything regarding this feat as long as we don't say it's a complete planet bust when it's not. Higher velocity, further distance, and so on is fine. But don't treat it as something it aint.

Last edited:
It matters because the original is 5-B and the new one, assuming it's a complete total bust of the planet's entire volume and mass is 5-A+.
Don't be dishonest now, the feat is definitely higher then the og calc is giving it credit for, but the new calc's massive increase is, for the most part, based on something that actually isn't even true, at least in regards to this incarnation of the feat and the very thing being calced.

1. The timeframe is under discussion
2. The degree of destruction of the Earth:

strymultra said he saw the feat the same as this one, the drawing is in a super similar pattern and setting, hence his methodology.

1. The timeframe is under discussion
2. The degree of destruction of the Earth:

strymultra said he saw the feat the same as this one, the drawing is in a super similar pattern and setting, hence his methodology.
Tbh, timeframe does seem incredibly fast imo so I'm fine if we use a faster speed/lower timeframe.

Unfortunately, that doesn't matter, because the feat being calced isn't a complete planet bust like Frieza's, as only the surface was destroy and ejected, most of the planet is still intact. Does the panel of it "exploding" look like Frieza's? Yeah it does, in fact imo it actually looks a lot like Kid buu's planet bust in particular.
The issue is, while yes the it looks visually similar, the only thing being ejected at high speeds and destroyed is the surface, hence the weight used originally being lower then earth's total mass, as the feat isn't the destruction of earth's total weight, only the planet's surface.

And reminder, it's a 3DS game that canonically has skewed visuals that aren't indicative of how big they are in reality, as stated multiple times in various games themselves, such as that one kalos route being several km long with millions of stones despite being visually like 80m with a few dozen. It's 6m, even if Mega Ray can be seen next to it due to game limitations, much like Majora's Moon or the world of FF7.
I don't think this is important, but I'm personally curious: Which route is being referred to & where does the statement about its size come from?

That route leading up to geosenge town. Some dude in a pokecenter iirc. Is the most blatant example off the top of my head.

Im just going to post a friendly reminder here for now while busy with other things that the Grand meteor delta was never stated to just be 6 miles in diameter. It was said to be more than 6 miles.

It was said to be more than 6 miles.
Yes, but closer to 6 than anything else as that's how the english language functions. You don't say "it's larger than _", without it being close to the amount given, the "more then", indicates that it's larger than it but the exact value is intermediate and hard to define, so 6m is used as the benchmark minimum.

Honestly, I'd say that just means instead of being exactly 6m long, it's somewhere between 6m and 7m. Though the size is pointless, the calc doesnt involve the size, only the aftermath, it could be the size of a piece of dirt and it wouldnt effect the calc. Though this still doesnt change what I said above.

That route leading up to geosenge town. Some dude in a pokecenter iirc. Is the most blatant example off the top of my head.
Ah. If that ever comes up, might be good to have a screenshot of that somewhere.
Yes, but closer to 6 than anything else as that's how the english language functions. You don't say "it's larger than _", without it being close to the amount given, the "more then", indicates that it's larger than it but the exact value is intermediate and hard to define, so 6m is used as the benchmark minimum.

Honestly, I'd say that just means instead of being exactly 6m long, it's somewhere between 6m and 7m. Though the size is pointless, the calc doesnt involve the size, only the aftermath, it could be the size of a piece of dirt and it wouldnt effect the calc. Though this still doesnt change what I said above.
I've said this elsewhere on our forums before but I'm pretty sure it's because of metric to imperial conversion.
The original language of the Pokemon games, Japanese, uses metric, & 6 miles converts to 9.656064 kilometers. So if the original diameter was 10 kilometers, I think it makes sense for a conversion to imperial to say "over 6 miles" instead of using such a specific value with numerous numbers after the decimal point, especially when measurements in Pokemon (Ex: Heights & weights in the Pokedex.) tend to have at most, 2 digits after the decimal place.

So I'd assume the meteor is simply 10 km in diameter, & I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case in the original language.

Last edited:
I think that @Mr._Bambu mentioned that he prefers Assaltwaffle's original calculation in the blog post.

I just walked my ass home from work. Ye shall receive an answer in the future, though do not discount DMUA's input either. Man's been weighing in considerably.

Back