• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Brackets Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
Crazy dnd sword
Third round of the 8-B Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was Cyberdemon.

Current Standings

Hub

The contenders for this round are Kary-08, submitted by ThePixelKirby, and Solid Snake, submitted by Nicov11/SinsofMan.

.Executioner's Mask is restricted, otherwise both have all their equipment. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in this complex, 50m apart.

Snake is 27 Tons, Kary is 2x 25.77 Tons or 51.54 Tons.

Kary-08 - 8 (DontTalkDT, Firephoenix, Gyro, Genericstickman, DarkDragonMedeus, PixelKirby, Velox, Wokistan)

Solid Snake -

Incon -

164377463-288-k405613
KhGoia

Well for starters Snake is stupidly higher in terms of skill and he can completely hide himself from her and has durability negation.

Also can I just say that it's hilarious that he gets infinite ammo via a bandana?

In all fairness the AP gap is less than 2x, which is hardly enough for a win by itself.

But ok

Kary - 1 (Firephoenix)

Hahaaaaa that AP advantage is not going to be enough to take down snake alone I don't know where you're getting that from. The ap advantage isn't even that big so uuuuuh yeah no.

So how skilled is Kary, then? Can she even compete with what's Snake is capable of doing?

I tend to allow some dura negation so long as it doesn't allow characters to instantly close out matches. Kary's dura negation isn't used in character from what I recall.

That said Kary is an andriod, I doubt Snake's gases and poisons would have any affects on her.

k

@Jacky

Kary-08 is an adept fighter, as she was able to maintain an advantage over Omega and Xero for the majority of their battle. Both Omega and Xero are extremely elite soldiers who had previously slaughtered an entire army, defeated robotic duplicates of themselves who had all their combat data stored for use and had been going on many covert operations long before they were betrayed. However, Kary is quite immature, and not exactly sane.

So that means quite a few of Snake's things just straight up won't work, but honestly I doubt he really needs them. There's a big skill gap here, to my understanding?

What does Kary start with?

He's definitely going stealth as one of the first things he can do and he'll easily be able to do so since they are starting 50 meters away from each other along where the fight takes place.

Also can't Snake just hack her like he does with nanobots?

IDK if nanobots could get through her Necrotic Sheild, although at the same time I don't know if her Necrotic Sheild can protect her from microscopic threats. That said, how does Snake's nanobots work in situations like these?

No no. He can hack nanobots is what I'm saying. If he's capable of controlling robotics of such size (of enemies) and so many of them then shouldn't he be able to hack her?

He does have nanobots himself as well though they aren't straight up offensive. They pretty let him be aware of everything around him and silently communicate.

How does he go about hacking? Doesn't that take time and prep, and isn't something he can just pull out in the middle of combat?

Sanke's hacking is via the Screaming Mantis Dolls, yes?

Does that work on technology other than nanotech?

How much usage does Kary make of her Nectrotic shield? Does she keep it on passively?

"Mantis Doll: A doll of unknown origin that resembles the FOXHOUND member known as Psycho Mantis, it releases blasts of energy that on contact, allow the user gain control over the body of any living person who has nanomachines inside their body.

Sorrow Doll: A doll of unknown origin that resembles the appearance of The Sorrow from the Cobra Unit. It shoots out blasts of energy that on contact, allow the user to gain control over the body of any deceased person who had nanomachines inside their body."

Definitely works in the middle of combat but it only specifies nanomachines. I still imagine that controlling a larger robot would be easier though.

To answer those questions in order,

I think so.

I doubt it, especially on sentient AI.

She liberally abuses it from what I remember of her on other threads.

Yes.

I assue the nectrotic shield also works against non-organic stuff.

In that case I vote for Kary.

Without hacking Snake will need lots of effort just to get past the shield. Since an energy shield can probably not really be worn down he would need to get in strong hits to get past the shield directly followed by another attack. And he has to do that many times to get her down.

Skill advantage he may have, but I think pulling off that trick again and again would be too difficult.

His only other option would be to wear down her energy. I assume that her stamina is large enough for the not to be too viable. I assume because the profile lacks a stamina section, which should be fixed.

DontTalkDT said:
His only other option would be to wear down her energy. I assume that her stamina is large enough for the not to be too viable. I assume because the profile lacks a stamina section, which should be fixed.
Being an android, I don't think Kary's stamina would be a problem in this match.

GyroNutz said:
Being an android, I don't think Kary's stamina would be a problem in this match.
I mean, her weakness states "if her core runs out of energy she will be rendered non-functional", so I assume that happened before.

It didn't happen directly since she killed herself first, but it was a thing she was worried about and how the protagonists planned to beat her.

Anyways, to answer questions:

• Kary is totally willing to just stay at range and beam spam, fire off large AoEs, and throw buildings at people, and uses her teleport to dodge all the time. She can also summon a zombie army of zombies each comparable to half her AP. Between all this stuff and her flight, i'm not sure how well stealth is gonna go if she can just destroy all the cover.
  • The shield is constantly up, yeah. Draws from the same resource as her everything else.
  • It does destroy non organic things, like when Xero had two of his swords vaporized on contact with it.
  • Her being more than twice as strong as her AP value also includes the two people who that value comes from saying that if they took around 3 good hits from her their armors would be gone and they'd be screwed.
  • I fixed the stamina.

Wokistan said:
Between all this stuff and her flight, i'm not sure how well stealth is gonna go if she can just destroy all the cover.
Snake doesn't need cover for stealth though; he has invisibility.

Some of the corpses she resurrected didn't have eyes, indicating that they can track targets without sight in some way. If she sees a bunch of her zombies are massed up on one area, shes's probably just gonna drop a building there or blast the hell out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back