• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
One thing I've realized was that tier 4 has a ginormous tier range. So I think it would be best if we had a low 4-B and a high 4-B. As I've stated, the gap is in the trillions. This is larger than any other gap we have on this site. There's literal number tiers that don't have that gap, and the multiplication factor between the 4-B and some of those examples is also incredibly big. I've talked to several other staff members, and they thought it was a pretty good idea. One problem that came up was that most Solar System level feats are self evident, and calced ones very rarely even approach mid-range, let alone high. This would leave us with a lot of assumption for certain things, and not knowing exactly where to define each boundary.

Tier 9-B has that same problem, to a lesser, but still incredibly big extent.

I don't really know what we'd make Low 4-B and High 4-B, though, and at least one of the tiers would probably end up being completely empty character wise. So, while the gap is immense, I'm not sure if it's really a great idea to split the tier up.

Well, low 4-B would be baseline SS level, and while it would be a relatively empty tier, it would still make things easier. For example, people would group people like Cloud or MegaManEXE with Cell otherwise, who are many many tiems stronger. Besides, some of the tiers in tier 1 are pretty empty. I've only seen three high 1-B's (Beyonder, The Glory, and LEM)

I'd totally be in support of implementing both of these sub-tiers: the more specific we can be in instances like these, the better: there's just two problems.

One, what would we call these new tiers? We'd have to extablish that before we can have them be used. We would also have to establish their precise ranges, as well.

Two, we very recently completed a pretty big wiki-wide revision project, so many staff members may be reluctant to jump right into another one. You'd have to get a large enough workforce to implement something like this at a reasonable rate.

I'm sort of like Promestein and Perpetual here.

Like Prom, i also don't know if it's a great idea to spilt the tiers up into sub-tiers despite the tier being immense in and of itself

Even if the majority of staff did consider this idea, we'd have to make up reasonable names for these sub-tiers as well as what range do each of these sub-tiers cover. Not to mention that, as Perp pointed out, we (or y'all to be more precise as i was not part of it) just finished a wiki-wide project to edit one of our tiers. Granted it was pretty short of about one day give or take and technically only half was to be updated but still it was big in it's own way.

To do something like this, we'd have to get enough people that have time to implement something this big in order to edit them at a reasonable time. Considering that everybody are busy and preoccupied with things in their life, i'm pretty sure not a lot would be able to do this....at least not able to atm.

I also do not think that this seems to be a good idea.

For one thing there is no clear distinction between high and low. It would be entirely randomly selected.

For another, it would require unnecessary work to apply, especially as most characters within the tier likely do not have calculations to support their standing, making it harder to discern where we should place them.

For a third, the characters that do have calculations that support them can be easily compared in terms of energy values anyway.

For a fourth, for example, the DBZ characters would be very hard to properly place within these sub-tiers, given that they are located there by rough informed guesswork.

For a fifth, we already have the "+" designation for characters that are in the upper half of the tier.

I do not know. Some tiers, such as wall level, and multi-continent level, have wide tiers simply due to that the definitions themselves are wide.

We would need very sensibly selected borders, and calculations supporting them, in order to start messing with the tiering system.

In addition, we still have the "+" sign.

Also, I am in the middle of several wiki projects at the moment, including some extremely important upcoming information for the staff, once they have been finished, so this is a very bad time to start messing with our system.

Maybe at a later date, once things have calmed down, but for the moment we definitely do not need more chaos.

I agree with Ant. Considering what was recently done here for the wiki, this kind of thing should have been brought up at a later point.

Now it's not a good time. Later on, yeah i'd feel comfortable to do something like this....assuming we have a good number of people available to help on this + the nessecery things we need in order to change up the Tier system on this.

Closing for half a year or so would probably be more appropriate, according to the information that I have received so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back