• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Starter Tries To Break SCP Again (SCP-1294 vs. SCP-999) (Voting Completed)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
It seems that whenever I make an SCP match, it tends to go in unexpected and rather broken directions. (Such as this) But now I'm purposefully doing it, because I'm weird and/or sadistic enough to make a matchup like this. So, which of these oddities in one of the oddest verses around will claim victory this time? Today, we find out!

In the blue corner, we have SCP-1294 from the SCP Foundation, and in the red corner, we have SCP-999 from the same place.

Hugh
Rodrigo-campos-scp-999
-This is a battle to the death or incapacitation. Both are in-character.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This battle takes place in SCP-1294's containment unit, giving it the home-court advantage.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

1294: 9 (Crimson Azoth, ApiesDeathbyLazors, The Archdemon, ABoogieYesSir, Jackythejack, Dargoo Faust, Sayo Yasuda, Agnaa, The Wright Way)

999: 1 (Sir Ovens)

Inconclusive: 0

So, 1294's digestion method overcomes 999's Low-High, but that's really the only difference between the two. They both rely on empathitic/mind manipulation to beat their opponent. 1294 shouldn't have a mind to affect as a fungus, but wasn't 999 able to affect the Scarlet King in one canon, who shouldn't really have a "mind" as far as we understand it?

For now, I'm voting 1294, simply because I see 999 trying to hug 1294, falling asleep due to the toxins that 1294 excudes, before getting assimilated. And making the fox feel happy isn't gonna stop it from munching.

But, as we all know, the Extended Canon is a giant load of skag crap, and even more difficult to understand when the god-tiers are involved. So my vote is flexable.

999 has the potential to affect the Scarlet King. At the moment, 999's greatest feat was affecting 682, something I doubt 1294 would be even capable of doing, considering the fact that 682 isn't even organic.

Yay, I knew I hated the extended canon. And the 682 feat is what makes me think that 999 can even have a chance here, because, as a fungus, 1294 shouldn't really have a mind to manipulate, right? You can't mindscrew a mushroom

Just wanted to point out that according to 1294's profile on the SCP Wiki, 1294 does potentially have a conscious mind, as many of the subjects exposed to it have claimed that it does speak to them, and while they can't remember what it says, that they found it extremely entertaining or friendly, and when exposed to other fennec foxes, it can differentiate between male and female foxes and approach them accordingly.

That, or those people are suffering under the effect of a highly hallucinogenic substance and the fungus just differentiates between the two automatically, in a Thing-like animalistic reaction. Either way.

Then again, a particular subject who had a history of drug abuse and had made a full recovery from the effects of 1294 was found with a picture depicting his eventual termination with a drawing of the fox on it, so who knows?

Sir Ovens said:
I have bad news for you if you hate extended canon.
It's just going to become regular canon pretty soon.
I don't hate it, it is just is a little bit too difficult for my simple mind to work around

Considering the above, I'm pretty sure 999 takes this through sheer gigglepower.

'''Gonna vote 1294'''. Even if it is affected by 999's giggle engine that shouldn't stop the automatic processes that begin 1294's absorbtion.

It's not grace yet, that's only six votes.

1294 FRA

There were 7 votes total, but Ovens voted for 999, making it 6-1, one character needs 7 votes for grace iirc.

Oops Crimson I missed your vote at the very start of the thread pretend this never happened

Let it be known that my eyes hate 5px of font.

Also, welcome to VSB. Where we spend more time discussing the vote count than the match

Back