• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay

Both dargoo and wokistan said the high 2-A mind resistance feat for jace is an outlier in chat

Bolas has plenty of hax

But let's stop going "lolhigh2amindhax" shall we?

Well. Shitposting aside.

Bolas:

+ Mid-Godly means Asgorath cannot actually kill him, since Io has no feats of negging that

+ Resists a fair amount of hax, too

+ Maintains decent hax that might keep Asgorath for some time

Asgorath:

+ Resistant to stuff like Death Manip

+ Auto-negs magic upon making contact with him

+ Probability hax makes it so Asgorath has the highest possible chance of winning

+ Fate Manip is a valid win condition

Verdict:

Asgorath. Probability hax mixed with Fate hax makes this pretty one-sided. It'll be a fight, though, maybe a stupidly long one, but eventually Nicol will succumb to that Fate Hax and be toast.

How would Asgorath react to Bolas just choosing a timeline where he wins?

Bolas has resistance negation, iirc. How does asgorath react to that?

Bolas really is a D&D punching bag.

Bolas has a spell that removes resistances. It's like power null, but specifically against resistances. He's also got feats of overriding resistances of other 2-As ons his level as a 2-A, but I can't eember which specifically rn.

Oh, yea, Wokistan to the rescue. Get those stats and save Bolas from another D&D loss!

I'm not entireeeely sure, since Greater Gods are supposed to be comparable and Shar can literally ignore total immunties, but Asgorath and Shar have never directly interacted.

Nah, Asgoroth has the Prob manip that lets him go first then follows up with things like Type 2 Concept Manip, Mind Manip and such.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
total immunties
sniff sniff

Do you smell it? That smell. That kind of smelly smell. That smelly smell that smells... smelly.

... NLF

Wait, how likely would he be to lead with mind manip. and how does it work? There's always the feat of Bolas destroying a guy's mind because he merely attempted to mind-hax Bolas, using the "connection" opened up by said mind hax to destroy them. I doubt it would be much here but best bring it up.

Probability manip seems to be hampered by Bolas's own abilities in that field. Hasn't he clockworked acausals anyways?

Bolas also insta-killed people in a similar level as him by touching them, but I doubt that works here.

Wokistan said:
Probability manip seems to be hampered by Bolas's own abilities in that field. Hasn't he clockworked acausals anyways?
Clockworking only appeared in Test of Metal, and I think he only used it in his battle with Tezz.

That said if he has ever encountered Comandor Gruff he might have some kind of plothax or plothax resistance.

DnD god probability manipulation is on the lines of "I have a 100% chance of suceeding at all my actions, passively". It can't make things with a 0% chance of happening happen, however.

With the Jace feat, keep in mind Bolas let all that happen because he knows Jace is no threat to him. He doesn't have to do that, he can just ise a spell, or touch you. His touch can shatter the minds of those who resist his magic. We're not considering it 5-D anymore, but it's still quite potent.

Bolas might resist plot manipulation, but definitely doesen't have it himself.

Also, DnD gods have extreme resistance (In verse immunity, but that's an NLF) to mind attacks.

Pretty sure he's messed around with timelines in premending, coupled with hisbprecog. It may not have been called clockworking though.

Actually now that I think of it, wouldn't probability be one of those abilities like timehax that's hampered by immeasurable speed?

Yea, but will any of these methods work? After all, if the god attempts to mind hax Bolas, they could just end up like Jace, especially if he put full oldwalker power into it.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Bolas might resist plot manipulation, but definitely doesen't have it himself.
Also, DnD gods have extreme resistance (In verse immunity, but that's an NLF) to mind attacks.
How about soulhax? Don't see that on Asgorath's profile.

As in, destroy the soul, or rip it out of his body? Because both of those would fail, due to mid godly and the fact gods can fight as souls.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
As in, destroy the soul, or rip it out of his body? Because both of those would fail, due to mid godly and the fact gods can fight as souls.
Both, actually, but alright.

Wasn't leshrac a mid godly? Bolas killed him by doing something to his soul after tricking him into trying to posses, I believe.

Also, what are the best feats of the abilities that DnD is immune to?

Back