• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

30,000 and counting!!!

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
Figured I'd make this since I noticed it just now and it's been a while since one of these threads were made.

Our wiki has reached 30,000 pages, which is A LOT and probably puts us in the upper echelon of wikis in terms of number of pages. AND WE KEEP MOVING FORWARD!

30k.PNG

Somewhere along the line, we'd probably hit the 50,000 mark.

But keep in mind that quantity is not everything. We need to keep the quality in check too. The more pages you have the harder it is to maintain overall quality and consistency and do sweeping wiki-wide changes.

Anyway, here's to 30,000 pages! We're going strong!

df.PNG

everybody-dance-now-speaker.gif

Tllmbrg is planning quite a lot of new deletions of pages of very poor quality, so this could take a while.
Well dang. Here's to hoping 6th(?) times the charm then
I can’t wait for one million
VsBattleWiki was made in October 24, 2010, and it is now May 29th, 2022, meaning it took about 11.5 years to make 30,000 pages, meaning an average of about 2,609 pages a year.

At that rate, it would take about 383 years (and 4 months) in order to make 1,000,000 pages.

(Yes, this is ignoring exponential growth, but there isn't an exponential amount of new battle-board appropriate media being produced either, so we're not hitting a million pages unless we start indexing stuff like all the characters in Les Misérables)

Yes I am aware that was a joke, I'm just terrible at parties

i need to get done with exams and the tier 7 pokemon revisions...after that i think i can make...
probably around 20 pages since i wanna seriously update a verse i made

Yes, but to be fair, the vast amount of them do not fulfill our current quality control standards.

We are getting closer to 1 million monthly visitors actually. I plan to release a highlighted celebration thread afterwards.
We VS Battles Wiki is not only known by English speakers, but some non-English speakers with their own vs community.
Yes, but to be fair, the vast amount of them do not fulfill our current quality control standards.
It is clear that VS Battles Wiki has improved quality control standards throughout years and some verses may not be kept with such updates. Similar to Wikipedia itself, VS Battles Wiki may have some verses underrepresented. As for me, high-quality profiles are always a good thing.
Tllmbrg is planning quite a lot of new deletions of pages of very poor quality, so this could take a while.
While I do not agree with Tllmbrg's waves of profiles deletion, Tllmbrg's deletion of old forum stuffs (such as Test:Versus Threads) is something I agree with.

Well, I have told Tllmbrg to only suggest deletion of pages that are legitimately of awful quality according to our current requirements.

Back