• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Machamp vs Tyranitar (Grace)

Eficiente

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Based on this, Machamp and Tyranitar were great there.

Pretty sure starting distance helps Tyranitar.

Machamp: 7 (Starter Pack, Kiryu2012, ApiesDeathbyLazors, Jimboydejuan12, The real cal howard, Niccokirby, Enryu The Red Tower)

Tyranitar: 1 (Blahblah9755)

Inconclusive: 0

Machamp
Tyranitar

Both are pretty comparable in strength, but based on some of the Pokedex entries for Tyranitar, as well as comparing its defense to Machamp's, it seems to have better durability. Granted, Machamp could always BFR Tyranitar with its strength, but aside from that Tyranitar could win by outlasting Machamp thanks to its defense. Tyranitar also seems to have better range with some of its moves.

Kiryu2012 said:
Both are pretty comparable in strength, but based on some of the Pokedex entries for Tyranitar, as well as comparing its defense to Machamp's, it seems to have better durability. Granted, Machamp could always BFR Tyranitar with its strength, but aside from that Tyranitar could win by outlasting Machamp thanks to its defense. Tyranitar also seems to have better range with some of its moves.
Machamp too hard punches Tyranitar gets blast off on island was a BFR which disqualified.

Tyranitar can throw mountain nothing like a giant rock.

Tyranitar is it's strong body was unbeatable even seek a challenge opponent.

...When everyone forgets that Machamp has a 4X advantage against Tyranitar, being a Fighting type facing against a Rock/Dark type. While, yes, due to the distance that's put into place via SBA, Tyranitar will initially gain the range advantage. However, the majority of Tyranitar's moveset is physical, and I don't see why Machamp can't power through the majority of Tyranitar's ranged attacks, forcing it to face Machamp head on. And due to its type advantage and physical superiority to Tyranitar, I can see Machamp pulling away with the win. Not an easy win, mind you, as Tyranitar is known to be a very sturdy Pokemon, and will withstand it for a bit. However, once again, I'm giving it to the Fighting type primarily due to the total type advantage over its opponent.

Winner: Machamp

Tyranitar is one of the physically strongest pokemon

He's constantly referred to like an unstoppable force of nature and

"Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack,"

Meanwhile Machamp is a only a mid-tier full level pokemon, so he get bodied.

Overlord775 said:
Tyranitar is one of the physically strongest pokemon

He's constantly referred to like an unstoppable force of nature and

"Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack,"

Meanwhile Machamp is a only a mid-tier full level pokemon, so he get bodied.
Weaknesses: Ground, Bug, Steel, Water, Grass, Fairy, and extremely weak to Fighting

Yeah, Tyranitar totally bodies an attack that is extremely effective against it. Especially coming from one of the most offensive Fighting types in the Pokémon universe.

It's not enought to close the gap

Tiranitar would not be called undestructible if an avarege pokemon could hurt it.

Good to know the child has information about historical documentation of a Pokemon without ever seeing the Pokemon before. It's good to know my 10 year old boy/girl from Johto knows all about how Deoxys was created or how Rayquaza lives despite on seeing them once who are also legendaries from the Hoenn region.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Execpt for the fact that the Pokedex is empty untill after a child has it forever for the rest of the game.
Oh come on!!!! That's pure head-canon, which was posted by a shitposter in /vp/ (4chan) with no proof behind it.

also:

PokEdex
"A Pokédex is a real high-tech kinda tool, yeah, that can automatically record facts about any Pokémon that you meet. Your new partner <starter Pokémon> is already registered, oh yeah, so check it out!"

It's more like the Pokedex already has data for all Pokemon, but it's more for the trainer to see said mons to get the info.

Btw, Tyranitar's invulnerability is an obvious NLF, not counting votes that use that as an argument.

Eficiente said:
Btw, Tyranitar's invulnerability is an obvious NLF, not counting votes that use that as an argument.
it's not an NLF, they are from the same verse, it's just the power scale of their serie

Tyranitar's glaring weakness to Fighting really doesn't help it at all.

It's not an NLF, but it's definitely a hyperbole. Machamp takes this FRA, but I'm not gonna act like Tyranitar doesn't have the stat advantage against Machamp. Machamp still has the type advantage, the speed, and enough martial arts training to make Goku look twice. He'll kick Tyranitar's armored booty.

If Tyranitar is conidered to be invulnerable when compared to other normal Pokémon then it isn't NLF as long as it's in verse matches. Of course, when it's been harmed in every form of Pokémon media (though pretty much only by well trained or legendary Pokémon as far as I remember), that obviously can't be completely accurate.

Tyranitar has more ranged options than Machamp though, ranging from stuff like hyper beam, to the damaging sandstorms it passively causes, to just the Earthquakes that occur from it walking around. I think its better range abilities and higher durability can give it an advantage here.

I would qualify "Its body can't be harmed by any sort of attack" as an NLF, not a hyperbole tho.

@Blahblah Was that a vote?

Machamp absolutely bodies in-game.

Here, with a resistance to Tyranitar's main moves and its own main moves being extremely effective, AP gap or no AP gap, Machamp should win pretty easily.

Why'd you equal speed?

GyroNutz said:
Why'd you equal speed?
Well idk, why is Machamp At least Large Island level+ while T-tar is only Large Island level?

Pretty sure everyone forgot to add this, so I took the initiative.

This thread can be closed now.

Not a stomp, as Tyranitar is plenty strong enough to hold his own against Machamp, plus the range advantage.

It's just...type advantage...

Back