• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why tf would you kill the Invincibubble with "extreme heat"? That's not a weakness here.

SpongeBob never wanting to fight is also a really stupid argument when one of his favorite hobbies is karate, not to mention he killed a bunch of random clams for trying to eat his Krabby Patty girlfriend (long story), immediately attacked Sandy after she scared him and ordered his friends to attack Burger Beard after they received superpowers (by the rate Patrick's summoned ice cream cones were going, they could have very well impaled Burger Beard).

Cause it's ****** water lmao. Has it shown resistance to heat? Otherwise it'll literally evaporate before it can even be formed.

I was talking about the bubbles. That said, extreme heat almost killed Spongebob once, and his High-Mid feats happened underwater, right? Can you prove he wouldn't die if Armstrong evaporated all the water in the area?

To be fair, there isn’t anything that outright says Spongebob couldn’t regenerate without water. Even if Bob couldn’t regenerate without water, the battle takes place on a beach and I don’t see Armstrong evaporating everything in the ocean next to the beach side even with his extreme heat. Spongebob’s water based abilities only require a little bit of water anyway.

The hard thing about this fight is both characters have similar regeneration to each other and both are hard to kill. However I think Spongebob could outlast Armstrong with his Mid-High regeneration, Supernatural Luck, Stamina, Toon Force, Immortality, his massive amount of hax, and his bit of a strength and durability advantage (Sponge is 212 kilotons and Armstrong’s is at least 121 kilotons.) The arguments that Spongebob gets “knocked out by an ice cube” or “can’t lift teddy bears” is not only invalid but stupid when he’s survived small building level and city block level explosions and that power of hits and he spars with Sandy and fights/harms the main cast consistently. Plus those invalid arguments to the argument would probably only be relevant to the 10-C tier for bob, this is the Invincibubble form/tier for Spongebob whose a High 7-C.

Overall, I think it’s more likely that Bob could outlast and eventually get lucky and harm Armstrong especially with his massive amount of hax and would catch on to Armstrong’s tactics and get creative with his abilities somewhat like Bugs Bunny or Jerry (Tom and Jerry) would with this kind of serious opponent. Voting for Spongebob for now however I might change my vote I’m convinced Armstrong could pull in a win.

Sorry for the long reply!

I guess you could say Sponge would stomp. Armstrong has literally no way around his massive regeneration and plus Sponge has a ton of hax that he can’t counter.

I'm still doubtful Mid-High would work on land against a heat attack, since getting dried is one of Bob's weaknesses.

I'm still doubtful Mid-High would work on land against a heat attack, since getting dried is one of Bob's weaknesses.
Speaking of, to proof this point I remember there was 2 occasions when Bob became just to sponge without water. First time it's on movie spongebob second is one of the episodes where cast went out to that island from op and he turned into a sponge Iirc.

And again, I'm pretty sure you're only giving me the very top of his stamina feats while he has a fuckton of anti-feats.
He's bringing the highend feats cause were using SB at his strongest.
SBA means the characters still are "in character", the heck are you talking about? Spongebob is way too stupid for me to believe he can apply hax that is typically non-combative to a fight.
He has used Teleportation to annoy others
Extreme heat you say? Well, now that's a great wincon for Armstrong.
He survived underwater fire, Jeffyfish Dragon's flame-like-blasts which vaporized small stone buildings and a sea volcano eroption.
Look, I know he CAN be competent but you can't lie, he has ten times the antifeats where he can solve a situation and ***** it up really badly, or maybe there isn't any situation to solve and he's the one to create it through sheer stupidity. Of course he's gonna have a couple of moments of competency in a long cartoon, but those are the outliers. And you can't write the moments of stupidity off as "gags" because the entire ******' show is gags.
Not every of these moments is just pure stupidity. He acts wierd n' bizzare a lot of times, sure. But this makes him harder to predict and helped him solve problem in unorthodox ways
when he’s survived small building level and city block level explosions and that power of hits
Not only does he have durability but also endurance of top of it like:Enduring bikini bottom mites destroying his organs, functioning just fine after being cut in half and stay concious after breaking to pieces/melting/disitigrating
Speaking of, to proof this point I remember there was 2 occasions when Bob became just to sponge without water. First time it's on movie spongebob second is one of the episodes where cast went out to that island from op and he turned into a sponge Iirc.
Yes,in the 2nd movie the Illuminati Dolphin gave the cast the power to function on the surface world just fine. Before he even grant them this power they actually went the Moon with no protection...

He's bringing the highend feats cause were using SB at his strongest.
We're using his highest AP, that doesn't allow you to ignore anti-feats in other statistics.
He has used Teleportation to annoy others
Not combat
He survived underwater fire, Jeffyfish Dragon's flame-like-blasts which vaporized small stone buildings and a sea volcano eroption.
I've already explained that underwater isn't the same, it's specifically a weakness he has on land. He's not gonna run out of water when he's underwater.
Not every of these moments is just pure stupidity. He acts wierd n' bizzare a lot of times, sure. But this makes him harder to predict and helped him solve problem in unorthodox ways
Yeah, but that's not gonna help him if he gets evaporated.
Yes,in the 2nd movie the Illuminati Dolphin gave the cast the power to function on the surface world just fine. Before he even grant them this power they actually went the Moon with no protection...
That doesn't mean he can regenerate the water in his body. His High-Mid feat was done underwater, which means that pulverizing him on land would actually destroy a much higher percentage of him, since sponges are 95% water.

We're using his highest AP, that doesn't allow you to ignore anti-feats in other statistics.
His stamina varies just like his AP. If were using his highest AP then why won't we use the highest stamina? Wanna use his lowest,ok:"He slips over an ice cube,gets knocked out,great fight"
Not combat
Still useful for escape
Yeah, but that's not gonna help him if he gets evaporated.
It has worked out for him before
That doesn't mean he can regenerate the water in his body. His High-Mid feat was done underwater, which means that pulverizing him on land would actually destroy a much higher percentage of him, since sponges are 95% water.
Have you actual seen the show... I mean how many episode are there where his body from the inside is shown more simular to that of a human than a sponge(human organs,skeleton...)

His stamina varies just like his AP. If were using his highest AP then why won't we use the highest stamina? Wanna use his lowest,ok:"He slips over an ice cube,gets knocked out,great fight"
Because the site specifically allows selecting an AP tier, but not a stamina tier. And yes, if the lowest is most consistent we use that.
It has worked out for him before
Underwater.
Have you actual seen the show... I mean how many episode are there where his body from the inside is shown more simular to that of a human than a sponge(human organs,skeleton...)
Yeah, alright, a human is 60% water, your point?

Yeah, alright, a human is 60% water, your point?
Huh neat, as often as I hear how much water human have on own body I always hear more higher percentage but not on this case...

Also Sponge Bob is pretty inconsistent with physiology, somewhere he got bones somewhere he is actually a sponge.

Huh neat, as often as I hear how much water human have on own body I always hear more higher percentage but not on this case...

Also Sponge Bob is pretty inconsistent with physiology, somewhere he got bones somewhere he is actually a sponge.
I was lowballing it, this probably doesn't matter too much with human regenerating but when it's about a lifeform specifically able to instantly absorb water, I think it's a pretty huge point to make.

Considering invincibubble form it's more likely Sponge Bob got more human physiology. However doesn't mater, there's a lot of water in human's body.

I mean he still absorbs water and clearly relies upon it to survive, and he's never survived all of his water getting evaporated away from him.

With keeping all that in mind I would leading towards Nanomachines. Though I would wait a bit more to see what would happen.

Because the site specifically allows selecting an AP tier, but not a stamina tier. And yes, if the lowest is most consistent we use that.
Prove that the lower ends are consistent then. Also he has immortality type 2/great endurance
I've already explained that underwater isn't the same, it's specifically a weakness he has on land. He's not gonna run out of water when he's underwater.
He didn't need to regenerate in these and has resistance to extreme temperatures. He actually tanked atmotspheric reentry(1477° C) without any protection/water and didn't dry. Also if he sees Armstrong shoot fire at him he won't sit there and watch his ass get cooked. He tried to dodge as many blast from the Deagon Jellyfish as he could
They been to the moon other times. The Moon surface's avarege temperature on daytime is 106 degrees Celsius and on night -183 degrees Celsius(the water inside their body didn't freeze/evaporate). Squidward(who had only a jar of water on his head) was exposed to the Heat Belt,the next scene we see him he was fine and the water level in his jar didn't change(meaning he didn't water from the outside to replace his own body's water)

The main thing is that there’s no proof that Spongebob couldn’t regenerate without water. The argument that Armstrong’s extreme heat would evaporate all Spongebob’s water is pointless when it takes place at a freaking beach and Spongebob can run on little water.

This should be a stomp, but if we turn this into a legitimate fight then Spongebob would win due to his regeneration, stamina, strength edge, and ton of hax. Armstrong can’t do much to Spongebob, while Spongebob can:

BFR with bubbles or portal creation, can teleport or literally fly on rainbows (Yes he makes rainbows consistently) out of any dreadful situation, gets extremely lucky and has probability manipulation and can use it to get out extreme danger, can use reality warping, sand manipulation, plot manipulation, weapon creation, toon force, duplication, and of course his bubbles to distract Armstrong and deal a devastating blow (Speaking of reality warping, Spongebob could theoretically warp Armstrong’s nanomachines into literally anything and negate him of his nanotechnology powers.) And before you say, “Spongebob doesn’t start with these powers lol” Spongebob could outlast the fight and use these abilities as a last resort or use them if he knows he’s in deep crap.

So basically this is a hax, stamina, strength, and regeneration stomp. And Armstrong wouldn’t be able to harm or keep up with the Sponge to manage to even get a hit on him end of story. Still voting for Spongebob if this isn’t a stomp.

The main thing is that there’s no proof that Spongebob couldn’t regenerate without water. The argument that Armstrong’s extreme heat would evaporate all Spongebob’s water is pointless when it takes place at a freaking beach and Spongebob can run on little water.
He's not in the water, is he? I've already explained this already. However if he has the heat resistance feats it is a stomp.

He's not in the water, is he? I've already explained this already. However if he has the heat resistance feats it is a stomp.
Even by any chance we use your excuses and SOMEHOW kills SpongeBob... There's Plan G, as I said from another thread: Like Kirby (Sorta) or Homer Simpson (Sorta), Plankton can very much function as a Ghost and mess with the living. In fact funnily enough Spirits/Supernatural stuff are very prominent in the series.

So what I'm getting at is if Armstrong somehow kills him (if luck wasn't enough to save him from clear deep mishaps there is no way out of this one unless Armstrong was also lucky but isn't, just lets pretend Sponge has no luck or edges in hax as you said), Sponge Bob is no stranger to this state as he and Pat have been turned into one and are fine though yes he possibly (I'll get to that) Can't interact with certain things, his Hax might still be in use (which again once he knows he's in trouble will go for it) and just maybe he can interact with enough focus like Plankton did (poltergeist much)... Armstrong still won't punch for shit now.

Even by any chance we use your excuses and SOMEHOW kills SpongeBob... There's Plan G, as I said from another thread: Like Kirby (Sorta) or Homer Simpson (Sorta), Plankton can very much function as a Ghost and mess with the living. In fact funnily enough Spirits/Supernatural stuff are very prominent in the series.

So what I'm getting at is if Armstrong somehow kills him (if luck wasn't enough to save him from clear deep mishaps there is no way out of this one unless Armstrong was also lucky but isn't, just lets pretend Sponge has no luck or edges in hax as you said)
I've asked a couple of questions about the luck that you did not answer. Not that it really matters.
Sponge Bob is no stranger to this state as he and Pat have been turned into one and are fine though yes he possibly (I'll get to that) Can't interact with certain things, his Hax might still be in use (which again once he knows he's in trouble will go for it) and just maybe he can interact with enough focus like Plankton did (poltergeist much)... Armstrong still won't punch for shit now.
Then it absolutely is a stomp, if this is correct. Why did you even make the match? Armstrong doesn't have NPI.

By the way, Spongebob has heat resistance, or at least he should.

He resisted a heat belt which sets people on fire, and resisted atmospheric reentry and surviving on the moon in the daytime (Which is 212 degrees farenheit)
Armstrong's fire damages people who in far lesser suits tank plasma. that aint gonna help.

I've asked a couple of questions about the luck that you did not answer. Not that it really matters.
It really ******* matters. I already said his luck helps him out of a situation by a lot, when he's in a disadvantage it will go in his favor in some way and Armstrong isn't really one to carry hax like that to counter anyways.
Then it absolutely is a stomp, if this is correct. Why did you even make the match? Armstrong doesn't have NPI.
This was before me knowing about his Ghost form though.

It really ******* matters. I already said his luck helps him out of a situation by a lot, when he's in a disadvantage it will go in his favor in some way and Armstrong isn't really one to carry hax like that to counter anyways.
because you didn't answer the questions, that means we don't know how it will go into his favour.

It doesn't matter because the match is a stomp anyway. As for why I was asking them, I believe the power doesn't fit our standards. All I see in his profile is him getting very lucky, which per our (admittedly kinda vague) standards isn't enough: "Being lucky or unlucky in itself is not enough to have this ability - a character's exceptional luck must be a real ability or supernatural aspect of them."

because you didn't answer the questions, that means we don't know how it will go into his favour.
I said more then likely via luck with a higher opposition, eventually: Sponge Bob defeats him accidentally. even if Armstrong has attentions to murder Sponge Bob he'd constantly miss or get interrupted (He can go insane/frustrated seen later with the strangler) and fail even if by any chance SpongeBob's vessel is destroyed a tear/droplet will find itself back into miraculously bringing him to life (Ps. Tears don't normally move or do this if it was not supernatural enough) and eventually SpongeBob will win by something unfortunate happen to Armstrong like his Nano suddenly combusting even if its not to, or other misfortune for Armstrong that guarantee's a win for Bob (Armstrong still has no out there hax in countering that amount of improbable things happening to him).

And please, No: Don't use that "No Hydration. No Regen" Excuse. Not just now being granted to be unfazed on hot beach land (Without Super forms) But Sponge Bob is still fine after being literally cut in half in Sandy's dry Tree dome which he puts himself back no prob (more then once) even later in the same place he sustained getting absolutely compacted only to be left with a head then regrew extremities without a helmet or water. Hell, he and Pat functioned in a Dimension lacking water in the first place as here's Patrick literally healing back the hole in a stomach LITERALLY CAUSED BY A WATERHOUSE and SpongeBob literally had his liquid ringed out and drank by Patrick in a hot dessert, Sponge Bob recovered fine despite harsh environment.

His regen should NOT CHANGE because of there lack of hydration or burnt un-conditioning mishaps as he'll recover just as fine, even more so with the upgrades he received (Being able to breath and function much more fine via Bubbles the Dolphin's gift).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back