• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plot: Some Nano fueled Hank Hill-looking man from the Surface World planned to use Bikini Bottom's weirdness and the Secret Formula's addicting food in his branding titled as ☆☆Senator Armstrong's World Famous American Burgers☆☆ for one of his schemes to become President of America and then some, not just that, somehow it appeared that his friends even the narrator were stolen... So SpongeBob built up courage and used the power of the magic papers properties from within once more and confronted the mad man.

99df2e58-504e-45b6-b23c-cb5301f6ac34

Two Adsorbent, Impenetrable men. One will decide fates of both worlds.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Both are High 7-C
  • Speed Equal (Maybe? If we count SpongeBob's moon dodging rock Speed reaction feat)
  • Battle takes place in the wide terrain beach of Santa Monica.
giphy.gif

41964_ninjaco_sponge-bob-rumble.png

"I! SpongeBob SquarePants! will always be ready to take one for the team!"

UnlinedAssuredHorsemouse-max-1mb.gif

katlego-motaung-armstrong-02.jpg

"Nanomachines checkmates H20 you yellow freak! Should have gotten some!"

Music

Last edited:
Does Senator Armstrong have a way to get around Spongebob's Mid-High regen???
Or now being one extremely lucky Sponge as another complication, there others... To be fair though Armstrong also has some Nano armor and top notch regen, he can also generate explosions even shockwaves but Sponge came back to ashes so... huh, Never thought I'd get this far.

How strong are they again?

What? Yes you can. Stamina and regen aren't the same thing, and there's plenty of characters with low-godly that can be knocked out as well.
Well yeah, but Sponge Bob's Stamina is even more enhanced in his Super Hero form though. In "Scavenger Pants" This is the same Sponge (and Starfish) that travelled far leagues of different locations to collect Squid ward's made up treasures (Including the Mariana Trench) and back to Bikini Bottom in what seemed not much time has passed (They literally seemed to pull a Courage the Cowardly Dog here finally), including looking for Squid ward's fake brother FOR 6 MONTHS STRAIGHT... And are barely winded in the slightest afterwards. that was just in base form, Armstrong has a strong will yes but Sponge Bob also far outclasses him there in Stamina at least.

Last edited:
What? Yes you can. Stamina and regen aren't the same thing, and there's plenty of characters with low-godly that can be knocked out as well.
Pretty sure mid regeneration and up revents KO'ing because KO'ing is caused by brain damage but a character with mid regeneration and up is easily able to recover from that.

And I'm pretty sure characters with low godly who get KO'd are an exception, not the rule

Pretty sure mid regeneration and up revents KO'ing because KO'ing is caused by brain damage but a character with mid regeneration and up is easily able to recover from that.
Sponge Bob was also sometimes the kind of guy to live without a brain or just tinker with it all together. Sometimes, Sometimes, he also made the joke that given his Spongey body he has no bones. And Sponge Bob can absorb punches among other materials that might also buff him up more.
And I'm pretty sure characters with low godly who get KO'd are an exception, not the rule
Depends.

Well yeah, but Sponge Bob's Stamina is even more enhanced in his Super Hero form though. In "Scavenger Pants" This is the same Sponge (and Starfish) that travelled far leagues of different locations to collect Squid ward's made up treasures (Including the Mariana Trench) and back to Bikini Bottom in what seemed not much time has passed (They literally seemed to pull a Courage the Cowardly Dog here finally), including looking for Squid ward's fake brother FOR 6 MONTHS STRAIGHT... And are barely winded in the slightest afterwards. that was just in base form, Armstrong has a strong will yes but Sponge Bob also far outclasses him there in Stamina at least.
Yeah Spongebob is able to outlast here

Armstrong can just effortlessly overpower in the LS department and skill too. As for stamina, looking for someone isn't an inherently taxing task, so while I'm not saying it counts for nothing, it counts for far less than you're giving it credit for. It also doesn't say anything about his endurance regarding pain, which Armstrong will be dishing out plenty of

Armstrong's nanomachines harden to block hits automatically, making it really difficult to damage him. Couple that with regen and stamina, and the fact that Spongebob will not be able to land many hits due to Armstrong's far superior skill, and I'm not so sure Spongebob outlasts.

Armstrong can just effortlessly overpower in the LS department and skill too. As for stamina, looking for someone isn't an inherently taxing task, so while I'm not saying it counts for nothing, it counts for far less than you're giving it credit for. It also doesn't say anything about his endurance regarding pain, which Armstrong will be dishing out plenty of

Armstrong's nanomachines harden to block hits automatically, making it really difficult to damage him. Couple that with regen and stamina, and the fact that Spongebob will not be able to land many hits due to Armstrong's far superior skill, and I'm not so sure Spongebob outlasts.
1. I mean, Spongebob was able to cook for 43 days for 24 hours straight, so that should be impressive enough
2. Spongebob has a good enough pain tolerance, he was perfectly fine with his skin ripped off and survived without his limbs for example

1. I mean, Spongebob was able to cook for 43 days for 24 hours straight, so that should be impressive enough
Cooking isn't really that taxing either. I mean, a normal human couldn't do that, don't get me wrong, but it's still not quite the same as constantly getting damaged in combat.
2. Spongebob has a good enough pain tolerance, he was perfectly fine with his skin ripped off and survived without his limbs for example
Do sponges have skin...? Anyway, fair enough, but that can perfectly be eventually overcome if Armstrong keeps on beating him up, which he will.

Also since Spongebob is only Superhuman Armstrong could just put him under a big piece of rubble. That's also an option.

Cooking isn't really that taxing either. I mean, a normal human couldn't do that, don't get me wrong, but it's still not quite the same as constantly getting damaged in combat.

Do sponges have skin...? Anyway, fair enough, but that can perfectly be eventually overcome if Armstrong keeps on beating him up, which he will.

Also since Spongebob is only Superhuman Armstrong could just put him under a big piece of rubble. That's also an option.
1. How good is armstrong's stamona???
2. I mean, if he gets beat up badly, he will just regen back to normal

1. How good is armstrong's stamona???
He can get constantly cut up and regen, to the point being stabbed through the liver (I think? Must've been somewhere around there) didn't even faze him and he was able to give a speech after having his heart pulled out of his chest before it got crushed. All of this after a lengthy fight.
2. I mean, if he gets beat up badly, he will just regen back to normal
Usually the assumption would be that regen cannot go on forever.

Also another wincon would be throwing Spongebob to space lmao, pretty sure Class G is enough for that. Though it isn't in-character.

Usually the assumption would be that regen cannot go on forever.

Also another wincon would be throwing Spongebob to space lmao, pretty sure Class G is enough for that. Though it isn't in-character.
1. When was that ever said??
2. Speaking of which, I realized if spongebob is trapped in a rock, he can teleport out, he will use hax if it is a last resort

Meh, point I'm making is that Armstrong can eventually run out the regen. That said, has Spongebob ever been knocked out in-character? Normally you can't KO someone with that level of regen, but if it's actually happened in the series then you can.

That said, has Spongebob ever been knocked out in-character? Normally you can't KO someone with that level of regen, but if it's actually happened in the series then you can.
Spongebob has been knocked out plenty of times throughout the series. Hell, one of the running gags in the show is that he gets easily tired after OHP-ing a barbell that has two plushies on it instead of normal plates.

Pretty sure that was normal spongebob while this is invincibubble spongebob we are using right here
Same character, I get that it's stronger but nothing shows he won't get KO'd.
I had dream about this fight like a few months ago. How skilled are the two
Long story short, Genome Soldiers who're 120 iq and incredibly ******* good at everything <<< MGS1 Solid Snake (who also knows a martial art that's specifically designed to counter other martial arts > Early MGS2 Raiden <<< MGS2 Endgame Raiden << MGS4 Raiden << Early MGR:R Raiden <<< Jetstream Sam = Late MGR:R Raiden => Armstrong. Kinda messy and if you want I can elaborate but long story short he's really ******' good

Armstrong may skillstomp lets put it that way
Wait Wait hold the hell up I've been absent but while he could be debatably more skilled and can cause some struggle initially, but eventually in the end of the day... No, not even close. let me explain hang on... I'm have a bit of difficulty posting but eventually I'll set it through.

Wait Wait hold the hell up I've been absent but while he could be debatably more skilled and can cause some struggle initially, but eventually in the end of the day... No, not even close. let me explain hang on... I'm have a bit of difficulty posting but eventually I'll set it through.
Karate vs a guy who is far superior in skill to people who learn several martial arts and kept up with people who stomp them in both skill and AP, IE Raiden and Sam. The only guy who could be called brute force I could say was more skilled than Armstrong is Grimgor Ironhide.

Karate vs a guy who is far superior in skill to people who learn several martial arts and kept up with people who stomp them in both skill and AP, IE Raiden and Sam. The only guy who could be called brute force I could say was more skilled than Armstrong is Grimgor Ironhide.
I wouldn't say Armstrong is full-on brute force tbh. I mean he's strong and he uses it but he does defend himself and uses proper technique to deflect blows from Raiden (when he feels like it)

Ok so here's what I think:

First of all according to Stamina, SpongeBob still far exceeds and over lasts. Again in "Scavenger pants" he along with Patrick went to different FAR regions in the ocean and back to Bikini Bottom at what seemed not long before NOT TIERED, while looking for a made up brother FOR 6 MONTHS STRAIGHT... and are barely winded afterwards like that surely is anything beyond Armstrong's stamina even with some recovery, eventually SpongeBob will start to catch on and think of a different strategy of sorts.

and no knocking him out at his best performances in a flipping Super hero form is much harder as well when we consider base SpongeBob already absorbing attacks much stronger then he is, or even if Armstrong increases his powers and blows through will Regen the same way and there isn't much that can seem knockable per say given SpongeBob's physiology at his best is not a normal one like the guy can live without a brain or hell even his entire organs (Organs he was forced to black market when he broke Garry's shell and an indestructible one by accident).

Even outside hax SpongeBob is already much more impossible to eliminate when we now take into account him being Lucky or Improbable... However so much so though that in unexpected or seemingly very dire circumstances unbeknownst to him will somehow come through in his favor. Such as quickly be able to solve dangerous tasks from Kevin while at one point pulling a Luigi by doing nothing and still succeed while Kevin was receiving most of the abuse, heck he Defeated Sandy's karate master who was superior by accident, The Tattletale Strangler's attempts of murdering SpongeBob constantly failed and later on after when the Strangler tried to escape from the insanity conventionally landed in a prison, Several monsters were trying to attack SpongeBob and Patrick were randomly defeated and later on the duo somehow charmed swarms of creatures by slapping their knees.

Hell even when SpongeBob seemingly dies in the first movie, just one tear was enough to set a reaction in reviving him!

And like I said, Once the cards are right for when SpongeBob catches on to Armstrong's tricks, he'll probably finally open with his own which would be a variety of wincons:

SpongeBob can read minds many times so he can probably read his next moves or screw with him by adding his own, if SpongeBob hasn't already is that his bubbles can BFR, if that don't work he has more broken versatile hax such as exceeding Reality Warping or portal creation to finally fully trap Armstrong in an unwinnable situation even more effectively so finally pull a Chowder without the paper by manipulating Plot, whether Armstrong can counter with physic Manipulation but SpongeBob can tinker with Gravity by turning the world upside down, SpongeBob has teleportation which makes it even harder for Armstrong to pin point, SpongeBob can transmute him into a lifeless object and even Duplicate to further more impair Armstrong's situation.

Sure Armstrong is far more skilled then SpongeBob but eventually thanks to his Hax, SpongeBob should surely win.

Last edited:
I'll reply to this tomorrow, but just one thing- is there any actual statements or things that imply that supernatural luck is a specific and inherent property of Spongebob rather than him just getting lucky?

Well I suppose I never really got an answer so I'll ignore luck for now.

Ok so here's what I think:

First of all according to Stamina, SpongeBob still far exceeds and over lasts. Again in "Scavenger pants" he along with Patrick went to different FAR regions in the ocean and back to Bikini Bottom at what seemed not long before NOT TIERED, while looking for a made up brother FOR 6 MONTHS STRAIGHT... and are barely winded afterwards like that surely is anything beyond Armstrong's stamina even with some recovery, eventually SpongeBob will start to catch on and think of a different strategy of sorts.

and no knocking him out at his best performances in a flipping Super hero form is much harder as well when we consider base SpongeBob already absorbing attacks much stronger then he is, or even if Armstrong increases his powers and blows through will Regen the same way and there isn't much that can seem knockable per say given SpongeBob's physiology at his best is not a normal one like the guy can live without a brain or hell even his entire organs (Organs he was forced to black market when he broke Garry's shell and an indestructible one by accident).
I've already addressed this. Looking for someone isn't an inherently taxing ability and as such the stamina feat is much less impressive. And again, I'm pretty sure you're only giving me the very top of his stamina feats while he has a fuckton of anti-feats.
Hell even when SpongeBob seemingly dies in the first movie, just one tear was enough to set a reaction in reviving him!
I see no reason Armstrong would cry so this doesn't matter.
And like I said, Once the cards are right for when SpongeBob catches on to Armstrong's tricks, he'll probably finally open with his own which would be a variety of wincons:

SpongeBob can read minds many times so he can probably read his next moves or screw with him by adding his own
Has he shown the ability to read moves and adapt to them in a combat scenario? That takes skill y'know.
if SpongeBob hasn't already is that his bubbles can BFR
Armstrong can just use a shockwave to burn up the bubbles, or negate their upwards pull with electromagnetism.
if that don't work he has more broken versatile hax such as exceeding Reality Warping or portal creation to finally fully trap Armstrong in an unwinnable situation even more effectively so finally pull a Chowder without the paper by manipulating Plot, whether Armstrong can counter with physic Manipulation but SpongeBob can tinker with Gravity by turning the world upside down, SpongeBob has teleportation which makes it even harder for Armstrong to pin point, SpongeBob can transmute him into a lifeless object and even Duplicate to further more impair Armstrong's situation.
I doubt he has the intelligence to use those in a combat scenario. Any showings of him doing that?

Well I suppose I never really got an answer so I'll ignore luck for now.
Alright but you really shouldn't. That sort of probability/luck will go in Sponge Bob's favor in some way in-battle like Bugs Bunny is exceedingly lucky and tends to help him by a lot. This is something that SpongeBob also has normally without the use of other hax like say wearing a tin foil hat for luck or a lucky coin.
I've already addressed this. Looking for someone isn't an inherently taxing ability and as such the stamina feat is much less impressive. And again, I'm pretty sure you're only giving me the very top of his stamina feats while he has a fuckton of anti-feats.
Its seems like the most basic thing but they literally exerted to hell and back and in the same day with the whole 6 months thing; they were also doing it non stop without rest, they literally had withered appearances proving such and its literally no surprise they'd go this far when we had huge stamina feats from the crew so this shouldn't be far off anyways otherwise we would be contradicting other character's verses

What I mean to also say is: There isn't much that can fully defeat both initially. Even if Armstrong is way better in a fight and obviously out lifts Sponge Bob by a lot... There really is not much Armstrong could do to fully take out Bob as well like the sheer amount of consistent Regen including Immortality type 2 or 3 shows this very blatantly for Bob and we can not ignore those because of the whole "hahaha, sponge slips on Ice cube and goes to hospital" gags, this allows Sponge Bob to just keep going the same way. though he can't fully match or hurt Armstrong he'll eventually know that these attempts are not going to work and will also open up with something else which would surely include his hacks or extensive luck guarantee a win eventually.

(This is an SBA battle just without something as stupid as say "iN cHaRaCtEr" thing, without the bloodlust part however because even then Sponge Bob will now be even more inclined to stomp Armstrong by now)
I see no reason Armstrong would cry so this doesn't matter.
d68.png

Wait what does that have to do with anything? I mean pardon, unless you're referring to luck of course not he would not cry he's too prideful to anyways (I was referring to this, in the first movie where they died by extreme exposure to heat and somehow the literal tear saved them), When Sponge Bob starts struggling some of the out there probability like saying 'a flying ice cream truck will fall and still live' command or having luck alone accidentally defeat someone much superior and causing somebody immense misfortune should surely work favorably for him in a death or just overall unaware situation.

Like its surprisingly consistent believe it or not I know it sounds absurd but yeah, even in the first movie just when Dennis (a stronger opposition) Was about to murder the duo, what do you know? they both get saved abruptly yet again!
Has he shown the ability to read moves and adapt to them in a combat scenario? That takes skill y'know.
Oh yeah my bad I forgot to mention the part with politicians like Armstrong are given a sort of mental insulation in order to protect them from mind-probing thing... So probably assaulting Armstrong's mind with some subluminal stuff might not work? But that was 'possibly'. Sponge Bob should at least hear his mind or thoughts and be alerted on what to avoid next at least, if Armstrong's mind blocks this somehow Sponge Bob has other stuff to provide a wincon.
Armstrong can just use a shockwave to burn up the bubbles, or negate their upwards pull with electromagnetism.
Yeah I thought so by now, that is a dud.
I doubt he has the intelligence to use those in a combat scenario. Any showings of him doing that?
Sponge Bob is not that ******* stupid. He does tend to take advantage or come up with something clever now and then. Naïve and goofy? Most certainly without a doubt but not always incompetent. And duplicating is something he has done just as naturally more often then not when ripped apart they have the same powers as him.

Alright but you really shouldn't. That sort of probability/luck will go in Sponge Bob's favor in some way in-battle like Bugs Bunny is exceedingly lucky and tends to help him by a lot. This is something that SpongeBob also has normally without the use of other hax like say wearing a tin foil hat for luck or a lucky coin.
I have serious doubts about the legitimacy of the power, that's why. Lucky events constantly happening to a character isn't enough to give them the power.
Its seems like the most basic thing but they literally exerted to hell and back and in the same day with the whole 6 months thing; they were also doing it non stop without rest, they literally had withered appearances proving such and its literally no surprise they'd go this far when we had huge stamina feats from the crew so this shouldn't be far off anyways otherwise we would be contradicting other character's verses

What I mean to also say is: There isn't much that can fully defeat both initially. Even if Armstrong is way better in a fight and obviously out lifts Sponge Bob by a lot... There really is not much Armstrong could do to fully take out Bob as well like the sheer amount of consistent Regen including Immortality type 2 or 3 shows this very blatantly for Bob and we can not ignore those because of the whole "hahaha, sponge slips on Ice cube and goes to hospital" gags
Why can't we? There's way more of those gags than there's showings of Spongebob being competent.
this allows Sponge Bob to just keep going the same way. though he can't fully match or hurt Armstrong he'll eventually know that these attempts are not going to work and will also open up with something else which would surely include his hacks or extensive luck guarantee a win eventually.

(This is an SBA battle just without something as stupid as say "iN cHaRaCtEr" thing, without the bloodlust part however because even then Sponge Bob will now be even more inclined to stomp Armstrong by now)
SBA means the characters still are "in character", the heck are you talking about? Spongebob is way too stupid for me to believe he can apply hax that is typically non-combative to a fight.

Extreme heat you say? Well, now that's a great wincon for Armstrong.
Like its surprisingly consistent believe it or not I know it sounds absurd but yeah, even in the first movie just when Dennis (a stronger opposition) Was about to murder the duo, what do you know? they both get saved abruptly yet again!
This stuff still doesn't qualify for Luck Manip. If it's all like this the power should probably be removed.
Oh yeah my bad I forgot to mention the part with politicians like Armstrong are given a sort of mental insulation in order to protect them from mind-probing thing... So probably assaulting Armstrong's mind with some subluminal stuff might not work? But that was 'possibly'. Sponge Bob should at least hear his mind or thoughts and be alerted on what to avoid next at least, if Armstrong's mind blocks this somehow Sponge Bob has other stuff to provide a wincon.
An older version of that protection worked perfectly against Psycho Mantis, who's one of the strongest psychics on the planet. So it really wouldn't work.
Look, I know he CAN be competent but you can't lie, he has ten times the antifeats where he can solve a situation and ***** it up really badly, or maybe there isn't any situation to solve and he's the one to create it through sheer stupidity. Of course he's gonna have a couple of moments of competency in a long cartoon, but those are the outliers. And you can't write the moments of stupidity off as "gags" because the entire ******' show is gags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back