• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(2 VOTES LEFT) Ghostface Goes to a Party! (0-5-0)

Jackythejack

They/Them
So, yeah. Recently saw gameplay footage of this game. Lo and behold, the protag has a profile, so I decided to give it a shot here. Speed isn't equalized, but if people think that makes the match too obvious I'll unequalize it but I think it's balanced out by healing. Fight takes place at a beach house down in Florida.

First key ghostface btw. We'll say it's Stu

Ghostface

The Partygoer

Last edited:
Just checking, original or the second key for Ghostface? They're very similar and don't seem necessarily 'stronger' either way, just 'different'.

I haven't seen Scream in ages, does it matter too much which killer it is behind the mask? Or are they all pretty equivalent that it doesn't need specified?

Doesn't need to be specified really. As far as I know they do basically the same thing.

Let's just say it's Stu

Works for me...I remember liking Stu.

Speed difference is pretty minimal. Ghostface IS pretty fast for a normal person, but it's only a 2x at best, and that's giving Ghostface the most benefit of the doubt while lowballing Party Goer as much as possible. Ghostface wins a chase, but otherwise it's probably not super relevant.

SBA seems to favor Party Goer early on. They're going to start at a few meters range and probably within eyesight, and they know they're fighting, so Ghostface's Stealth isn't super useful without him backing off or Party Goer trying to retreat, which doesn't seem in-character for either of them? Ghostface, from my memory, gets his advantages in the chase when the characters try to flee, but SBA and Party Goer's willingness to stand her ground and 1v1 her opponents means that's not very likely to happen, plus the limited range does mean she probably gets first blood by using her bread and butter: Just throwing random garbage.

Ghostface seems to have a slight durability lead with 360 Joules VS Party Goer being the baseline 300, not a huge advantage but it does exist. Party Goer's attacks, even the ranged ones via throwing garbage at her opponents, were enough to really mangle up the zombies though, so Ghostface isn't charging at her and escaping unscathed, but her ranged attacking probably isn't enough to stop him cold.

Ghostface seems to have MOST of the advantages when they get in at that point, superior LS to try to either pin or at least wrestle with her, the knife doing piercing damage behind that strength isn't good for Party Goer either, that's going to do some serious damage.

However...They're both tenacious. The Ghostface killers take quite a few blows before they even got tired enough to go down, let alone actually kill them, and the Party Goer spends all night walking around barefoot on broken glass and getting seemingly clawed up every which way while CQCing zombies, they both have stamina and pain tolerance to spare...Even while up and close, Ghostface is probably either going to need to go for the vitals or it's going to take multiple stabs to keep Partygoer down, which if memory serves is more likely? If I'm remembering correctly the Ghostface killers favor dragging things out and stabbing non-vitals repeatedly? I might be wrong.

Regardless of pain tolerance though, Ghostface probably won't enjoy getting 'Ignited' up close. Party Goer probably won't hesitate to use it if things aren't looking good and literally light Ghostface on fire with it. If that gets him to panic and attempt to put themselves out instead of finishing the fight, Party Goer can make use of healing with her beer and then lay down extra damage with just straight up bashing on him, more item throwing at him, or even lighting Ghostface on fire again. If Ghostface can just grit and bare it while he has the LS advantage up close, he'd probably take it instead.

So I think it comes down to if Ghostface has the pain tolerance and mindset to fight through being on fire long enough to press his advantage or not. If he can, I'd lean him, if he can't I think Party Goer can take control. So currently I'm neutral without more info on if that's too much for Ghostface (Stu in this case) to ignore.

Damn. That's a really good analysis. I wish I had some insight on the Scream movie to comment on it at all. Maybe I need to watch it real quick lol.

Do you think PG's healing will benefit her at all during this fight? Or do you think it takes too long to drink a beer.

For a normal person: It might take too long.

For PG, she's shotgunning those things mid-combat in her home series. As long as something like Ignite can keep Ghostface off of her while he's dealing with being on fire, or she can 'shove' him off, or he backs off for any reason, I'm confident she can drink fast enough that it'll be useful.

Nice. That was the main reason why I didn't equalize speed.

Maybe I'll actually watch Scream to get some idea on how this'll go.

Yeah this feel super neutral to me without a little more info to be sure...

Regardless, the sheer fact that PG is both a competent fighter who took down multiple zombies when survival was on the line and showed off her own level of really decent stamina and pain tolerance means she's at least probably going to make this a higher diff than what Ghost Face is used to handling.

Tbf Ghostface probably isn't used to handling people fighting back at all, right? I don't remember slasher victims being the kind to fight back but maybe Scream is just different.

For the most part, yeah, if memory serves most of the victims made an attempt to flee up until the end, which is where the original pair ran into their biggest issues.

The first thing I should point out is that Ghostface's second key is more dangerous due to scaling above all the others physically and having better equipment, like multiple knives instead of just one and a bulletproof vest.

Since this is Stu we're using, and we're talking about fighting experience, Stu and Billy have faced a couple of victims who fought back, most notably Tatum. Interestingly, Scream 3 Ghostface comes out well above the rest in fighting experience as well, having fought and beaten Cotton who was a big guy who had spent a year in prison on death row, Stone who was a big bodyguard, Kincaid who was an LAPD detective, Dewey who was a former deputy sherrif, and Sidney who beat the crap out of two of the previous killers, one right after the other. One of those two killers overpowered two detectives earlier in the film. As much as Billy and Stu are the most popular Ghostface versions, Roman is the strongest.

Since Stu is being used, he likely loses due to inexperience. Stu also isn't that clever. I'd say party goer wins due to having taken down more dangerous enemies.

Heads up, the Ghostface page is being replaced with pages for each individual killer. Stu's page should be up soon though, so you may wanna swap the links and the tags afterwards.

Back