• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the feat should just be Baseline Low 2-C + 2-C range tbh, if 2 Low 2-C with at least 2-C range for each of them combine all their powers, ofc 2 universes get destroyed.

I think that the feat should just be Baseline Low 2-C + 2-C range tbh, if 2 Low 2-C with at least 2-C range for each of them combine all their powers, ofc 2 universes get destroyed.
That's not how shockwaves work chief, even inverse square law would net better than that. Also if we're going that route the feat should just be EE.

Also technically if the feat happened in the middle between the 2 universes then it'd still be 2-C and the feat Beerus and Champa pulled from within 1 universe to the edge of another would be more impressive.

You know a better option would be for Ultima or DTDT to give an examples of what actual effects multipliers have on any tier 2 rating, and state it on the note section of Tiering page to avoid confusion.

Mother of drail......

Anyway the main reason this won't be accepted is cuz the site simply doesn't accept that Goku and Jiren are that much higher than the GoDs so they don't scale. All of the magazine talk about Jiren is rubbish when it comes to the actual story so it will never be accepted.

Also yeah, the half 2-C shit is one of the dumpest shit this wiki did and the reason many 2-C threads are popping up.

Aren’t shockwaves bound from range too?
You calculate a shockwave's power from it's AoE. So a shockwave that passes the distance between universes would have more power than 2 individual shockwaves that destroy 2 universes. Also take note I'm talking about an omnidirectional explosion/shockwave, since targeted shockwaves and all that to specifically destroy 2 universes is the opposite of what the feat entails.

Also I really don't get why DB people don't just literally calc the distance between universes via pixel scaling, we have like 2 shots at least of the different universes right? We can just quantify the gap between Low 2-C and 2-C for the verse.

so if i scale to 2 universes and boost my power by an infinite amount i would still get AP stomped by sm1 who scales to 3 ? seems fair
A disclaimer though...
Multipliers or dividers just shift you around on locality of your tier 2 rating just because a low ball is considered a better assumptions in this tier.
So like I said if your rating is perfect 1000, after applying multiplier or divider you'd end up only decimals away from 1000 on left or right side.

Here's another crazy one...a situation where multiplier or divisor doesn't work as usual.
If you are 1000.something via scaling chains then after multiplier or divisor(no matter how high or low) your rating will be 1000.something🤣
As fun as this is, I think we should take it to discord to prevent furter derailing.

You calculate a shockwave's power from it's AoE. So a shockwave that passes the distance between universes would have more power than 2 individual shockwaves that destroy 2 universes. Also take note I'm talking about an omnidirectional explosion/shockwave, since targeted shockwaves and all that to specifically destroy 2 universes is the opposite of what the feat entails.

Also I really don't get why DB people don't just literally calc the distance between universes via pixel scaling, we have like 2 shots at least of the different universes right? We can just quantify the gap between Low 2-C and 2-C for the verse.
Funny how an omnidirectionnal explosion that would destroy U7 and U6 would normally also destroy the other neighbooring universe to U7 since it's the center of the blast

Funny how an omnidirectionnal explosion that would destroy U7 and U6 would normally also destroy the other neighbooring universe to U7 since it's the center of the blast
Ah you get what I'm talking about, do you perhaps know where in Universe 7 (middle, near the edge, ...) the blast happened (which might be a pointless question since we're talking about 4D constructs here)?

Exactly how will you use the distance between the universes to determine how multipliers work?
I get that distance is an important factor, but how do you use it in calc?
I doubt we can treat it is a normal airburst explosion formula, especially if there is 4th spatial distance between 2 universes.

Ah you get what I'm talking about, do you perhaps know where in Universe 7 (middle, near the edge, ...) the blast happened (which might be a pointless question since we're talking about 4D constructs here)?
i have no idea , they were in beerus's planet which location is currently unkown , plus the way it was described makes look like the location might be irrelevant ( lol it's probably pointless but fun regardless )

I was thinking this but use the 4D equivalent of the formulas, if we take a single space-time as the baseline then it might be do-able.
Hmm seems workable on surface but a bitch of a job to complete, the blog only takes upto 3A size into account, when you have above baseline macrocosms in DB of wierd arrangements like your infamous inorganic/organic molecules. Then there is timeline shenanigans, then there is 5D shenanigans in space between space-times.

Thats not taking into we don't even known epicentre of blast.

Whoosh thats too much.

when you have above baseline macrocosms in DB of wierd arrangements like your infamous inorganic/organic molecules. Then there is timeline shenanigans, then there is 5D shenanigans in space between space-times.
Macrocosm's 3D size doesn't matter here and the timeline makes it baseline low 2-C, I don't think 5D matters here but if it does then it might just be adjusting the formula.
Thats not taking into we don't even known epicentre of blast.
Lowball it by saying it happened at the edge of universe 7. As for multipliers then highball the distance to the maximum possible that barely destroys 2 universes, which should be the centre of a single universe to the edge of another (which would actually destroy 3 universes).

i ain't reading all that

i always thought that half 2-C thing was dumb anyway , what if they were gonna destroy 3 universes then ? do we say each one of them is 75% 2-C ??? do you guys see the issue ?

honestly all the "Half 2-C" peeps should just be rated as 2-C and be done with it
Half 3 Universes 😳

They are not half 2-C. They are more accurately unquantifiably below baseline 2-C. Because two people doing a combined feat does not necessarily double the value according to the standards.

They are not half 2-C. They are more accurately unquantifiably below baseline 2-C. Because two people doing a combined feat does not necessarily double the value according to the standards.
wouldn't that mean that they are not unqantifiably above low 2-C?

Oh ok that seems different than what DDM said. Although why wouldn’t they be half the power of the combined feat exactly?

Personally for now I think only MUI Goku and UBW Jiren should scale unless you can provide a more solid statement of Base Jiren being plausibly 2x stronger than Beerus.
But wouldn’t you need to be just 2x stronger than Champa who is weaker than Beerus?

I'ma just put this out here:
Being half as strong as someone who can destroy two universes is still 2-C.

So if two of them can do a 2-C feat, then they will be 2-C individually, but very low on the scale.
Since the distance between universes cannot be determined,
To put it simply: Infinity divided by 2 is still infinity, or in this case...the power to destroy two universes is unquantified, but divided by half still cannot be quantified.
Now I have to leave, bye.
States opinion
Immediately leaves thread before people can tell you you’re wrong

I respect it

Oh ok that seems different than what DDM said. Although why wouldn’t they be half the power of the combined feat exactly?
"For combination attacks, similar standards to multipliers apply. It should not be assumed that a combination attack performed by multiple characters has Attack Potency equal to the sum of the participating characters Attack Potency unless there is specific evidence for it."

This is stated on the multipliers page.

These 2-C DBS threads are becoming annoying. Anyway, i believe that the angels and grand priest should be downgraded to low 2-C(half 2-C just like beerus) because they have never shown any 2-C feats. Onky zeno and super shenron have done INDIVIDUAL 2-C feats. Beerus-Champa feat is definitely 2-C but it is not an individual feat.

"For combination attacks, similar standards to multipliers apply. It should not be assumed that a combination attack performed by multiple characters has Attack Potency equal to the sum of the participating characters Attack Potency unless there is specific evidence for it."
Fair but this seemed more like a Green Lantern thing, in DB fused attacks tend to be 2 times as powerful as individual ones since it's double the amount of ki unless I'm missing something.

Fair but this seemed more like a Green Lantern thing, in DB fused attacks tend to be 2 times as powerful as individual ones since it's double the amount of ki unless I'm missing something.
Not necessarily. Take Spirit Bomb for example. Even if you get a little bit of energy from some human level people, it is still exponentiated like crazy. The other argument is that even in real life, a lot of energy is lost as sound, light, friction and stuff and a combination is mostly less than 2x. I think those were the arguments used where it was decided that combination attacks won't be treated as the sum of individual attacks.

Anyway, for the purpose of this thread, Beerus and Champa cannot destroy two universes on their own, which is the minimum requirement for 2-C. So there is no way they can be 2-C. However, their combined effort is unquantifiably higher than Beerus or Champa, and that can destroy 2 universes.

I was asked to evaluate this thread, but think that AKM, Medeus, and the other staff members here are better suited to handling this discussion.

Anyway, the key issue here is that we do not know exactly how much stronger than Beerus that full power Jiren, Gogeta, and UI Goku are, so they get "At least Low 2-C". I personally think that they likely are tier 2-C, but we need more evidence.

Okay, but almost everybody already agree Beerus and Champa are individually Low2C not 2C.
Anyway, for the purpose of this thread, Beerus and Champa cannot destroy two universes on their own, which is the minimum requirement for 2-C. So there is no way they can be 2-C. However, their combined effort is unquantifiably higher than Beerus or Champa, and that can destroy 2 universes.

Not necessarily. Take Spirit Bomb for example. Even if you get a little bit of energy from some human level people, it is still exponentiated like crazy. The other argument is that even in real life, a lot of energy is lost as sound, light, friction and stuff and a combination is mostly less than 2x. I think those were the arguments used where it was decided that combination attacks won't be treated as the sum of individual attacks.
Spirit bomb is fair (although tends to be a special ki attack since it also reacts to the good or evil in people for instance), the other example really depends on how the attacks are fused but in this case could only support Beerus and Champa being closer to baseline 2-C than half of it. I think that due to the shockwave of their punches colliding is going to destroy the universes which I think is currently accepted, that their individual energy is calcable and would come down to half 2-C as a lowball probably (since shockwaves tend to be less powerful than punches + in inelastic collisions a part of the energy is lost as heat).

Actually, it's more so the combined might of 2 characters having x AP would not equal the damage output of one character with 2x AP. But the combined might of two characters equaling the combined might of 2x AP would logically have more than X AP individually. As DT said, having 2x AP would logically give a lot more than 2x damage.

Though, Dragon Ball isn't always linear with the combined might of two or more people using Ki blasts and the like. And Empathy based powers tend to make characters grow astronomically in unity. But Whis or Vados individually are still well above Beerus and Champa's combined might, so they're fine at 2-C. The others are just hypothetically above Beerus or Champa but to an unknown extent.

I was more thinking of these perfect fusion types off attacks where 2 beams become one, such as Final Kamehameha or the beam that Ash's Pikachu overpowered which was a combination of 2 attacks, which is one of it's justifications for Large Mountain Level (2 times 7-A): "Overpowered and vaporized a combined Hyper Beam from a well-trained Gyarados and Tyranitar", I am aware that emotional fusion types of attacks tend to give way higher results than individual ones but I never really saw Dragon Ball as the verse to follow such trope aside from maybe the spirit bomb.

Yeah, Spirit Bomb and Fusion techniques are the only things that typically follow a trope combination of 2 equal powers is actually far greater than 2x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back