• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-B to 2-A Forcefields for Base Digitized Knuckles/Amy/Tails

Void fought Sonic physically, he has real attacks that take away Sonic’s rings like any other attack would.

And there’s already issues with the scaling chain, Sonic’s past self scales to his modern self.

I dunno how it’s that ridiculous, Void’s ability to destroy Maginaryworld is clearly stated, Infinite being the strongest enemy is on his profile, and Sonic beat him. But okay.
Let's ignore the fact that the Void fight is an outlier and that the Forces marketing is the primary definition of false advertisement. The fact that Sonic Forces is still being taken seriously in this day and age is just sad. And this is coming from someone who bought and played the game.

Let's ignore the fact that the Void fight is an outlier and that the Forces marketing is the primary definition of false advertisement. The fact that Sonic Forces is still being taken seriously in this day and age is just sad. And this is coming from someone who bought and played the game.
It’s not really an outlier if Sonic is scaling to it only at the end of his journey currently, after he had gotten much stronger than Low 2-C.

Infinite being the strongest enemy of base Sonic is backed up by how he effortlessly knocked around and knocked out Sonic in a fight, a level of defeat primarily shared by super form tier threats. And it being Forces doesn’t really mean it should be discarded, otherwise Solaris and everything else from “bad” games should also not count.

It was brought up that Infinite should be stronger than Void as the game consistently at least implies as a threat that base Sonic faces he’s unrivaled. Sonic Forces is littered with hints that Infinite is strong.

Also, what scaling issues are really caused? Void is a one-off boss character who doesn’t interact with Super Sonic canonically, scaling above it causes no issues.

Are we ignoring the fact that Infinite, despite all his hype, still got bitched by Base Sonic at the end?
Sonic almost always needs super forms to battle serious threats.
Why not say Infinite is stronger than Solaris at this point?

He got bitched after Sonic got bitched and needed to get stronger.

Nothing about Void classifies him as a Super Sonic level threat other than being strong.

He got bitched after Sonic got bitched and needed to get stronger.

Nothing about Void classifies him as a Super Sonic level threat other than being strong.
Still
I don't see how Infinite is the top dog (top jackal?) of all Sonic villains if he didn't even take a super form to defeat

Still
I don't see how Infinite is the top dog (top jackal?) of all Sonic villains if he didn't even take a super form to defeat
He’s the strongest of the base tier villains, because Sonic stayed in his base form the whole game and he’s powered by the strongest copy of something that was considered a peer or comparable to the Master Emerald to the point Eggman didn’t need it anymore, and roughed Sonic up on the level of Time Eater and the Titans.

He’s the strongest of the base tier villains, because Sonic stayed in his base form the whole game and he’s powered by the strongest copy of something that was considered a peer or comparable to the Master Emerald to the point Eggman didn’t need it anymore, and roughed Sonic up on the level of Time Eater and the Titans.
Base tier villain? Now how do we make this distinction?
He was said to be the most powerful enemy yet.
Either we 100% accept it and agree that he's stronger than Solaris, or we agree that this statement just isn't reliable and ultimately means nothing.
There's no in-between. You can't just say "Oh, he's the strongest villain except the ones where it makes absolutely no sense at all", that would be the textbook example of cherry picking

If Sonic had gone Super in the game canonically then there could be a case for it, but he didn’t. He’s the strongest villain in comparison to what Sonic achieved in the game, which is his base form. That’s what’s on Infinite’s profile rn.

People wouldn’t like it if an attempt was made to upscale Infinite from Solaris, although an argument could be made by scaling Infinite and the true Ruby comparably to the Master Emerald using Eggman’s statement.

Are we ignoring the fact that Infinite, despite all his hype, still got bitched by Base Sonic at the end?
Sonic almost always needs super forms to battle serious threats.
Why not say Infinite is stronger than Solaris at this point?
A much stronger base Sonic.
Quote “almost always”, he dunked on Perfect Chaos, Took attacks from an angry Void, beat Erazor Djinn in base (fought Alf Layla Wa Layla in Darkspine mode but you get the idea), defeated the Egg Robo whose power can’t be calculated according to Eggman (who could calculate Time Eater’s and Solaris’ being and power) and could fight Neo Metal Sonic in base. Base Sonic being 2-B/Aisn’t that crazy of an idea.

The reason why we’re not saying Infinite is stronger than Solaris is because that has been dismissed in this wiki a bunch of times (to my knowledge anyway) and it’s easier to argue that he’s stronger than Eggman’s previous works against Sonic and the other base foes since that’s either stated, confirmed by authorities or is insinuated in the game.

Void fought Sonic physically, he has real attacks that take away Sonic’s rings like any other attack would.
That still as not a normal fight, where Sonic fought he alone with his own physical attacks.
And Sonic as not even alone during that fight too, so the statement saying Infinite is strongest character Sonic fought can also apply to just the opponents he fought alone.

Sonic gets a Low 2-C upgrade and now everyone and their mothers want to wank Sonic to the highest possible value.
Can we stop acting like everyone wants to wank Sonic because he got a taste of Tier 2? The notion that Infinite is up there in terms of power (and therefore Sonic) has been a belief long before the upgrade since 2017. Now you’re just being rude about it.

Last edited:
If Sonic had gone Super in the game canonically then there could be a case for it, but he didn’t. He’s the strongest villain in comparison to what Sonic achieved in the game, which is his base form. That’s what’s on Infinite’s profile rn.

People wouldn’t like it if an attempt was made to upscale Infinite from Solaris, although an argument could be made by scaling Infinite and the true Ruby comparably to the Master Emerald using Eggman’s statement.
Again, that's just bending the statement to your advantage. The statement itself is very blatant. Infinite is the strongest one of them all. You either take it at face value, or you don't buy it at all. You don't just bend the statement to your advantage so that it gives us feats but still isn't completely BS

Again, that's just bending the statement to your advantage. The statement itself is very blatant. Infinite is the strongest one of them all. You either take it at face value, or you don't buy it at all. You don't just bend the statement to your advantage so that it gives us feats but still isn't completely BS
I think is because of Ian statement.

That still as not a normal fight, where Sonic fought he alone with his own physical attacks.
And Sonic as not even alone during that fight too, so the statement saying Infinite is strongest character Sonic fought can also apply to just the opponents he fought alone.
At that point it’s just extrapolating a lot, it just says he’s the strongest enemy of Sonic, not the strongest opponent Sonic fights alone (which he doesn’t, he gets help from the Rookie), or that he can beat with physical strikes
I’m not extrapolating that from the statement, that is what is accepted and on Infinite’s profile right now. But sure, I can take it at face value too, if Sonic can grow strong enough to beat enemies that are superior to super form tier threats on the Low 2-C level, there’s nothing saying he can’t grow to the 2-B/2-A level, especially when Solaris is all the way back in 2006 and Sonic is continuously getting stronger, sometimes by an infinite degree.

You can argue that it’s only referring to Base Sonic’s enemies because it says that after Zavok, Chaos, Shadow and Metal are introduced. Eggman should have data on the precioustone and if Infinite says the ruby is unrivaled despite being given all the data Eggman has… then I think it’s safe to say Infinite is above the likes of Void.

Sonic never leaves his base form in Forces. It’s really that simple

Also I forgot that the Precioustone is even referenced in the tie-in comic and characters clearly remember it, so the idea that it wasn’t in the character’s minds at all is not true

Eggman knows the Chaos Emeralds exist and has been defeated by them numerous times, is it honestly not fair to say Eggman accounted for their power when he made the statement.
Yes it is perfectly fair, specially considering that his plan involved him taking out sonic and shadow first, if he conquered the world, then no one would be able to loom for them

Also, again, you seeing things this way really doesn't matter for the way Eggman saw it, specially when it is made clear what he is referencing there

Eggman has no reason to be overconfident, he does overlook things sometimes but he’s also been defeated by the Emeralds so many times that it’s even part of a gag in TSR
That is what we call a character flaw, he has no reason, but he still is, arguing what you found logical doesn't matter for Eggman's character

and he’s incorporated the Emeralds into his plans to know how strong they are. If he thought the PR could only stand up to base Sonic, there’s no reason he would be so confident it was unstoppable.
Hax, hax makes strenght irrelevant as it is noted in our page for it

He clearly needed the Ruby for its strength about as much as its hax, if the Ruby was just had Infinite wouldn’t have curbstomped Sonic on a level comparable to what Time Eater did to him (knocking Sonic out)
Non sequitur, the ruby being focused by eggman on hax doesn't mean that it also doesn't boost power

How is it hax, if they’re making the shield
energy shield = hax, sonic as a verse doesn't even have an energy all characters have like dragon ball, tell me, what "energy" are they giving here exactly? And would this "energy" be am UES for it to scale to them physically? More over, wouldn't this "energy" only apply to the special form they were in instead of their normal selves?

, if the End can recharge Supreme with its energy, why can’t it be paralleled on the hero’s side with the heroes recharging the shield with their energy.
One has nothing to do with the other, i will not even bother to say anything more on this baseless comparison

The shield is made with the same energy Sage uses to attack, the red/blue cyber energy, it’s part of a UES she has.
I want you to prove all that you have just said, that it is an UES, that it is what she is using to make the shield, that it is the energy she uses to attack

The proof is she channels the energy out of her hands as red cyber energy, the same way she does for every other action she takes, including her attacks.
As above, prove this, because right now, you are guessing and not showing evidence

I. Didn’t. I said Sonic fought Void in base; making Void a base Sonic opponent, and then sticking Void under the umbrella of opponents Infinite would be stronger than via the statement of him being the strongest enemy. I never said Sonic harmed Void even a single time.
and his hype statements of power, which allow him to scale above Void, and who Sonic does harm.

No feats besides Base Sonic getting scaling to a Chaos Emerald count less than 7, which created cyberspace, a realm with its own flow of time, infinite/unquantifiable data, and multiple universes due to the Ancients’ souls and dreams existing within.
You said it yourself, that is scaling and not a feat of his own, besides, the dream of the ancients as universes exist in MW, we don't accept currently as both being the same, this mucj was said by shake and me when we made the conceptual thread

Or how Base Sonic scales to Erazor absorbing half the energy out of the Arabian Nights, a realm with 8-1001 worlds and one of which containing an infinite corridor and astral plane.
Unless all of those "world" are universes, this is low 2-C, as the page currently accepts it

Or how Base Sonic tanked the paradox prism explosion, which split his universe consisting of “countless” stars and worlds into a Shatterverse with at least 5, possibly countless Shatterspaces of universal size. Etc.
Can you at least try to use anything but assumptions? Prove this number of shatterverses, all we know currently is of 5, so it is 5, anything demands you to show proof

If the characters hadn’t contributed at all, then Sage’s shield would have broken and The End would have killed everyone.
Strawman, i haven't said they didn't, they did, however you are arguing that they contributed in a way that would scale to them in AP, which is what you need to prove

Somehow, the cyber characters could make the shield repaired, and I doubt they used time hax to rewind the shield, or used healing, otherwise they could have kept repairing the shield when the End hit it.
Or they just made their own shield to overlap and aid sage, you know, the SIMPLER ANSWER?

The fact they could only fortify the shield once implies they were putting their own energy into it
and what "energy" would that be? And why would it scale to them physically?

and they don’t have limitless energy to keep refilling the shield. Which makes them weaker than The End; who can infinitely repair Supreme with its energy, thus still making a base and super hierarchy.
Again a worthless comparison, now you need to prove that they are refiling in the same way

Besides, you keep ignoring this

FRONTIERS SHOWS THAT THE GAP BETWEEN SUPER AND BASE FORMS STAYS THE SAME AS THEY GROW IN POWER, SO A SUPER FORM WOULD STILL BE INFINITIES STRONGER THAN ANY BASE CHAR, so the only way for them to block an attack from someone like that is of they SCALE DIRECTLY

Also I forgot that the Precioustone is even referenced in the tie-in comic and characters clearly remember it, so the idea that it wasn’t in the character’s minds at all is not true
You should’ve waited until I introduced the Arabian Nights revision because then it would be hard to argue that 2-C/B/+ Sonic is an outlier.

That only discounts him scaling to Super Sonic tier threats, which Void is not.
I’m aware. It’s still a massive outlier, I mean we’re talking the tier of the peak of Super forms. Gonna need a boatload of consistency to get that accepted, and this is nowhere near enough. Void as a whole is a huge outlier, being the only such opponent Sonic beats in base form

We made that distinction because Sonic never exits his base form in Forces
it has nothing to do with Base form. The statement said he's the toughest enemy. That's all there is to it.
Whatever Sonic does in the game shouldn't matter because the statement refers to everything that happened in the past

it has nothing to do with Base form. The statement said he's the toughest enemy. That's all there is to it.
Whatever Sonic does in the game shouldn't matter because the statement refers to everything that happened in the past
Yes it actually does matter, hence why it was accepted as such. Plus you got contradictions like Giganto being as strong as past Super form tier bosses

Yes it actually does matter, hence why it was accepted as such. Plus you got contradictions like Giganto being as strong as past Super form tier bosses
Dude, you don't get my point. My point is that you don't just "half accept" statements. Infinite being as strong as all the past bosses is what it said. You either buy it, or you don't. To accept most of it with an exception (not clarified in the statement itself) is dishonest, as it means that the statement is still objectively inaccurate, yet we use it for scaling

Back