• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Pokemon Upgrade Revival: The Time Has Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think 2-A seems promising. Going off of what Aeyu said; combining "There are as many alternate worlds/realities/universes as their are possibilities" with an "Infinite possibilities" statements is grounds for 2-A. And while Infinite space is indeed vague and can refer to universes just being High 3-A sized bodies of spaces with being an infinite amount of time for existence, that only further amps infinite number of wormholes with each being portals to universes. It looks about as blatant as Chrono Cross's 2-A ratings.
Oh btw Dark, is this you agreeing to the upgrade?

Okie dokie. Here's the new tally

15: (DarkDragonmedus, Planck69, Psychomaster35, Crimson_Shadow101, StrymULTRA, ShadowGamerOmega, Bobsican, Half_Shiny, TheQuirkyBoy, Rikimarox2, PlozAlcachaz, Sadistic_Sleuth, theultimate5105, deonment, Hasty12345)

Agreeing:

16: (ShadowWarrior, DarkDragonmedus, Planck69, Psychomaster35, Crimson_Shadow101, StrymULTRA, ShadowGamerOmega, Bobsican, Half_Shiny, TheQuirkyBoy, Rikimarox2, PlozAlcachaz, Sadistic_Sleuth, theultimate5105, deonment, Hasty12345)

Okie dokie, just double checking.

Agreeing:

17: (Maverick_Zero_X, ShadowWarrior, DarkDragonmedus, Planck69, Psychomaster35, Crimson_Shadow101, StrymULTRA, ShadowGamerOmega, Bobsican, Half_Shiny, TheQuirkyBoy, Rikimarox2, PlozAlcachaz, Sadistic_Sleuth, theultimate5105, deonment, Hasty12345)

Garchomp, once again, please stop the derailing in this thread here. Their responses were already tackled by myself and this thread needs to stay on topic with the points presented from the blog.

Hs point was more-so about if the AP would be beyond baseline 2-A, not the size. We know the size can be, but a verse needs to treat the destruction of larger 2-A cosmologies as more impressive than destroying a normal one in order to get you scaled higher outside of chains.

That said, as I said before, that is a different discussion for another thread.

Possibly 2-A seems reasonable enough to me, but don't believe that that infinite space and infinite time bit should be any part of it, let alone we not even taking it as vague and that it just has to be 2-A.

It's way too fundamental to not grab everything by parts and not just say "this is wrong because it doesn't make any sense" to each part but as it's wanted so much you guys can't avoid but to request it more than once then here you have it:

"Masuda's statement about both Time & Space being infinite debunks these claims of it being flowery"

It's not even about being flowery, just aimed at space and time and not the spaces and times of all universes. It can also be flowery anyway as that's what people do and this statement is a personal take given outside the game. And why the heck is "both" in bold there?

"as it's directly explaining the space-time relationship in the verse"

Doesn't make it less poetic than any poetic claim made to directly explain relationships and other things that matter a lot.

"speaking about the roles the god tiers have in the verse's cosmology"

As before.

"and is giving explicit context and information about the cosmology"

As before.

"And the basis for this is from WoG, giving the T.C.G. statement and especially Lucian's statement (which is coming from Lore in Canalave Library and not something he just conjured up on the fly) a strong leg to stand on"

As before, and again, it has no reason to refer to all spaces in all universes and all times in all universes, but space and time, which end as the universe ends or at best don't end if they're really infinite, making a universe of that size, but not making infinite of them.

The text given below Masuda's quote saying why it has to refer to infinite universes "in this context" is another case where I find that that the logic used doesn't make sense, like saying a lot of random words and then finishing with "therefore the sky is red", the multiverse has a lot of universes and time and space are infinite therefore there are infinite universes? So time and space aren't infinite in size but infinite in amounts of them, and that's literally not the information given to us.

It's way too fundamental to not grab everything by parts and not just say "this is wrong because it doesn't make any sense" to each part but as it's wanted so much you guys can't avoid but to request it more than once then here you have it:

"Masuda's statement about both Time & Space being infinite debunks these claims of it being flowery"

It's not even about being flowery, just aimed at space and time and not the spaces and times of all universes. It can also be flowery anyway as that's what people do and this statement is a personal take given outside the game. And why the heck is "both" in bold there?

"as it's directly explaining the space-time relationship in the verse"

Doesn't make it less poetic than any poetic claim made to directly explain relationships and other things that matter a lot.

"speaking about the roles the god tiers have in the verse's cosmology"

As before.

"and is giving explicit context and information about the cosmology"

As before.

"And the basis for this is from WoG, giving the T.C.G. statement and especially Lucian's statement (which is coming from Lore in Canalave Library and not something he just conjured up on the fly) a strong leg to stand on"

As before, and again, it has no reason to refer to all spaces in all universes and all times in all universes, but space and time, which end as the universe ends or at best don't end if they're really infinite, making a universe of that size, but not making infinite of them.

The text given below Masuda's quote saying why it has to refer to infinite universes "in this context" is another case where I find that that the logic used doesn't make sense, like saying a lot of random words and then finishing with "therefore the sky is red", the multiverse has a lot of universes and time and space are infinite therefore there are infinite universes? So time and space aren't infinite in size but infinite in amounts of them, and that's literally not the information given to us.
Infinite time spaces is 2-A, isn't it? And you do agree infinite space = infinite possibilities, right?

There's multiple statements, making it far less likely to be flowery. The way they all said it literally doesn't sound flowery at all. Where are you getting poetic language from anyway

Ok, this is just bias.

1) How tf can be the role of Dialga and Palkia be "poetic"?

2) You're claiming that WoG uses flowery, a thing that doesen't make sense.

3) You're ignoring that Space in context is the whole of parallel dimensions.

Since it's infinite, make 2 + 2 and you got infinite parallel dimensions.

If we go with space-time being infinite in each universe then there's still an infinite number of possibilities considering the number of ways that such a universe can be configured is infinite. And seeing as MWI is a thing in Pokemon, that means infinite universes.

So, it's 2-A either way. Now, it's just to discern which makes more sense in context.

How would that WoG statement even be flowery anyway? What other meaning could he possible have for infinite space and infinite time?

How would that WoG statement even be flowery anyway? What other meaning could he possible have for infinite space and infinite time?
^
Masuda was literally explaining the relationship between Space, Time and Spirit in the relationship, how tf can that be flowery in the 1st place.

I can see the logic behind this. I'm neutral but I'm leaning towards agreeing overall.

I agree with this, even if it weren't for infinite time and space directly resulting in a 2-A multiverse, MWI would take care of it regardless.

i actually like this, my disagreement comes from the tcg specicifically because there is no actual description within those tcg things that support that space is infinite and it can be taken as a title or hyperbolic.

everything else seems fine to me tho and ill be glad to show the infinite space thing extending on a multiversal scale in context

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back