• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Pokemon Upgrade Revival: The Time Has Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that time of year has come again where we repeat this song and dance of a discussion. But yes, we are reviving and doing this once again. And this thread isn't using the same points the last 2-A thread used, for as now, we have a new basis to use for the upgrade that hasn't been brought to the table yet.

Here is the blog I've made with all the compiled evidence and points for this upgrade. Please read this blog before responding here.

To give a quick summed up run down of what's changed from last time, this revision's argument here now uses a direct statement from Masuda himself, from an interview about the Gen 4 games and it's storyline, instead of Mystery Dungeon as the main basis. And Masuda's statement outright specifies that Time and Space in Pokemon are both infinite, which results in 2-A as the blog I made explains in-depth on why it's 2-A. And with that, here we go.

I don't think infinite Space and Time is evidence of Infinite Multiverses even if we do take the statement fully at face value.

I don't think infinite Space and Time is evidence of Infinite Multiverses even if we do take the statement fully at face value.
Okay and again, you need to explain why you don't think so.

I made an entire blog explaining why it does. Did you read it before responding here?

question, isn't the 30 or so million infinite timeline/multiverse just baseline now? does pokemon treat destroying it as a better feat?

question, isn't the 30 or so million infinite timeline/multiverse just baseline now? does pokemon treat destroying it as a better feat?
This is moreso speaking about the cosmology size, not the AP granted from it. As in, multiverses can be bigger than baseline 2-A.

AP wise, I think it would just stay baseline probably.

Not gonna bother on the infinite multiverses end since the amount of multiverses doesn't really influence the AP regardless. If there is infinite space, then there is room for an infinite amount of possibilities from that, especially since we know there are Pokemon on different planets and such too. Infinite possibilities + MWI = infinite amount of universes, it's that simple. I obviously agree with those (though I have a feeling this is going to go exactly like the last thread where people arbitrarily demand translations to stall for time).

I've read your blog and based on my own knowledge of the requirements for proving a Multiverse is 2-A I don't think it meets them based on a simple statement of Space and Time being described as infinite.

Sorry Everything, but you again, need a lot more reasons to disagree with this than simply saying "I don't think".

Last edited:
By the first part in the mwi exists in pokemon bit did you mean that since infinite time exists an infinite amount of possibilities exist as a consequence so infinite universes or do you mean something else

Edit Aside from Masuda's statement in section 1 of the blog, there are several reasons why the Countless statement of the previous part means actually Infinite this part was what i was asking about in case you got confused

By the first part in the mwi exists in pokemon bit did you mean that since infinite time exists an infinite amount of possibilities exist as a consequence so infinite universes or do you mean something else
Not strictly that. With the verse having infinite time and infinite space, it would mean the multiverse in general has infinite universes.

Gonna return after a while to support this.

I obviously agree with all of this since I've took part on, also:

I've read your blog and based on my own knowledge of the requirements for proving a Multiverse is 2-A I don't think it meets them based on a simple statement of Space and Time being described as infinite.
Did you even read it? There are multiple statements, and "Space" in context is all the timelines and parallel dimensions, not just a vague one, but is backed up from context.

Not strictly that. With the verse having infinite time and infinite space, it would mean the multiverse in general has infinite universes.
k, but what i said could be useful if people want to say the infinite time and space statement only apply to universes and not the whole cosmology so you can still argue for 2-A

k, but what i said could be useful if people want to say the infinite time and space statement only apply to universes and not the whole cosmology so you can still argue for 2-A
I mean okay? Lets leave side discussions out of this and stick to the topic at hand please.

Whats your takeaway from my blog? Do you agree with it?

I too see that infinite space and infinite time is just aimed as in their size in the universe.

Here's the tally so far from the people who agree. Between the people giving kudos and responding here, its:

14: (Planck69, Psychomaster35, Crimson_Shadow101, StrymULTRA, ShadowGamerOmega, Bobsican, Half_Shiny, TheQuirkyBoy, Rikimarox2, PlozAlcachaz, Sadistic_Sleuth, theultimate5105, deonment, Hasty12345)

I personally think 2-A seems promising. Going off of what Aeyu said; combining "There are as many alternate worlds/realities/universes as their are possibilities" with an "Infinite possibilities" statements is grounds for 2-A. And while Infinite space is indeed vague and can refer to universes just being High 3-A sized bodies of spaces with being an infinite amount of time for existence, that only further amps infinite number of wormholes with each being portals to universes. It looks about as blatant as Chrono Cross's 2-A ratings.

And while Infinite space is indeed vague and can refer to universes just being High 3-A sized bodies of spaces with being an infinite amount of time for existence
Just to respond to this bit, the infinite space claims in Pokemon's case referring to High 3-A sized spaces isn't quite correct since Palkia's dominion of space in the verse includes it being the creator of parallel universes (which is currently treated as a 2-B feat). That, and space in Pokemon refers to parallel universes as well due to what the Cosmologies origin story details out and what Space is also considered.

Since its spatial dominion and rule is done on multiversal scales, and space equates to space-time continuums on multiversal scales, the infinite space statements would be referring to the number of universes the multiverse has. Along with infinite time and what Dialga does.

To give a small heads up, I did speak with Cal for a moment when showing him this. The only response he gave was about this being High 3-A (Which my blog and my response here explains why it can't be High 3-A in the context of the verse).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back