• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) 7-C+ Tournament Semifinals Match 2: Johnny X VS Takeshi Yamamoto

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
After the long debate last match, here is the second semifinals match.

Johnny X (@RandomGuy2345 ) vs Takeshi Yamamoto (@Nierre).

Johnny X and Future Arc (Older Version) Yamamoto are used

Speed is equalized.

Fight takes place in the Sports Festival Stadium.

You know the drill.

Johnny X: 1 (Shadyboi0)

Takeshi Yamamoto: 7 (Nierre, Expectro2000xxx, RandomGuy2345, GruntsMan889, Sonicflare9, Peppersalt43, ImNot4nUser)
johnny-test-show.jpg

thumb-1920-823034.png

Last edited:
Takeshi upscales from 58 Kilotons
Johnny is 50 kilotons? So it should be negligible.

Just sword fighting.
Very negligible, as Johnny massively upscales from 50.3 Kilotons.

Then Johnny has a massive range advantage.

Also, I know Takeshi can slow down his opponents movements. How does that work?

I also find it kinda sad that this might possibly be the last good matchup in the tournament, as Shirley likely beats both Yamamoto and Johnny X, so @Nierre and I are basically fighting for 2nd place here.

Also, I know Takeshi can slow down his opponents movements. How does that work?
Oh yeah so basically he fights with water that nullifies attacks and his opponents movements. So he either attacks with a barrage, or sprints at you with his sword in hand and slashes you down. With the latter, when hit, it stuns the opponents muscles, effectively paralyzing them. Coating his sword with Rain Flames allow for the stun to be far more effective.

He also has other sword techniques that can help him fight offensively and defensively.

Oh yeah so basically he fights with water that nullifies attacks and his opponents movements. So he either attacks with a barrage, or sprints at you with his sword in hand and slashes you down. With the latter, when hit, it stuns the opponents muscles, effectively paralyzing them. Coating his sword with Rain Flames allow for the stun to be far more effective.

He also has other sword techniques that can help him fight offensively and defensively.
Well, Johnny resists Water Manip (though the resistance kinda sucks).

I feel like Johnny should have no problem avoiding these attacks due to having far better range and mobility.

Isn't it just the suit being waterproof?
Yes.

Actually, I feel like Johnny takes this Mid-diff.

He's far too ranged and mobile for Takeshi to get a good strike on, and it's not like Johnny's getting worn out anytime soon. Just like every other fight Johnny has had in this tourney, his opponent will get in perfect striking distance for Johnny to finish the job.

Count my vote for Johnny.

ah yeah sorry i forgot about this.

Yamamoto's best bet is to defend and block all of Johnny's attacks, which he should easily be able to. Johnny on the otherhand, can't really win in long range cause his attacks will just get nullified.

So Johnny's best bet is to fight in close range, which Yamamoto HEAVILY outskills and excels in. He can make illusions and afterimages with his water and bisect or decapitate in 1 fell swoop.

Also Johnny's teleportation won't be hard for him to follow at all, cause he has a radar that senses the whole area + he has really really good senses, and was able to react to someone who was faster than him and sneak up from behind and around him numerous of times.

Not exactly sure how Johnny has much of a chance here, since all his attacks get negged by power null defense and offense, paralysis, really good sensing and a radar, as well as immobilization.

I'm voting for Yamamoto

Yamamoto's best bet is to defend and block all of Johnny's attacks, which he should easily be able to. Johnny on the otherhand, can't really win in long range cause his attacks will just get nullified.
Does he use Power Null or Force Fields in character? Johnny can win in long range by continuously overwhelming Yamamoto with his versatility, or just keeping his distance due to his mobility advantage. Remember, Johnny spams TP in character here.

So Johnny's best bet is to fight in close range, which Yamamoto HEAVILY outskills and excels in. He can make illusions and afterimages with his water and bisect or decapitate in 1 fell swoop.
How skilled is Yamamoto in his 2nd key? Johnny has Ninja DNA, and he's comparable to people like Dukey in skill, who was programmed with the DNA of Kung Fu Masters. I can also make an argument that Johnny can fight while blind. Johnny's Body Control can cover being decapitated. Bisection is something to worry about, though. Also, Johnny doesn't have to go CQC/H2H to win, as I explained above.

Also Johnny's teleportation won't be hard for him to follow at all, cause he has a radar that senses the whole area + he has really really good senses, and was able to react to someone who was faster than him and sneak up from behind and around him numerous of times.
How far does Yamamoto's radar stretch out to? Plus, Johnny can use his Telepathy (which should honestly be Clairvoyance) to track whereever Yamamoto is. Do you mean by that Yamamoto was getting blitzed, or was the person just faster?

I also forgot to mention that Johnny has a massive LS advantage, so his Light/Thread Manipulation and his Telekinesis would benefit Johnny a lot here. Not to mention he can definitely outlast Yamamoto here.

Instead of Mid-diff, I'll vote Johnny High-diff. He can use his Range, Mobility, Versatility, and LS advantages to give him the win.

Does he use Power Null or Force Fields in character? Johnny can win in long range by continuously overwhelming Yamamoto with his versatility, or just keeping his distance due to his mobility advantage. Remember, Johnny spams TP in character here.
Yeah he coats it on his sword all the time. He also has barriers that he does spam especially if he can't fight back against someone he cant reach, like Johnny.

Also how in character is it for him to spam range when he knows it doesn't work? Cause Yamamoto will quite literally be nulling every attack that comes his way. Unless he somehow knows that Yamamoto has less stamina than him, I don't see why he wouldn't ever bother to get close to Yamamoto.
How far does Yamamoto's radar stretch out to? Plus, Johnny can use his Telepathy (which should honestly be Clairvoyance) to track whereever Yamamoto is.
Not sure about the range. I just meant that it's a counter to his TP, so he can track him wherever, whenever.
How skilled is Yamamoto in his 2nd key?
Quoted from @YungManzi:

"Yamamoto fully copied the best sword style ever which was superior to hundreds of sword styles around the world in 5 days after seeing the style only once.
And this was at a time when he had never actually wielded a sword before.

He then proceeded to defeat Squalo who copied and perfected dozens if not hundreds of sword styles, including the one Yamamoto uses.
And defeated the sword emperor who went around the world and defeated the 100 best swordsman of each sword style.

Squalo then achieved the same feat (Defeating 100 of the world's best swordsman) all the while copying their sword styles.
This Squalo < Genkishi < Yamamoto"

Pretty sure Yamamoto is far far more skilled than Johnny. He's up there on one of the most skilled sword users in the wiki.
I can also make an argument that Johnny can fight while blind.
That wouldn't help him at all, seeing how Yamamoto can hide his presence, and also has heightened senses and a radar.
True.

Yeah he coats it on his sword all the time. He also has barriers that he does spam especially if he can't fight back against someone he cant reach, like Johnny.
Oh. So he Power Nulls with his sword. Johnny can use his Telekinesis or Light/Thread Manipulation to remove the sword from Yamamoto and destroy it. He can definitely do that since he has a massively LS advantage.

Not sure about the range. I just meant that it's a counter to his TP, so he can track him wherever, whenever.
I'd like to assume the radar stretches to hundreds of meters, as that's the max range for Yamamoto to reach. Going off of that, Johnny can easily avoid that by keeping his distance. Johnny also has his own way of tracking Yamamoto, so they're kinda even when it comes to this aspect of the battle.

Quoted from @YungManzi:

"Yamamoto fully copied the best sword style ever which was superior to hundreds of sword styles around the world in 5 days after seeing the style only once.
And this was at a time when he had never actually wielded a sword before.

He then proceeded to defeat Squalo who copied and perfected dozens if not hundreds of sword styles, including the one Yamamoto uses.
And defeated the sword emperor who went around the world and defeated the 100 best swordsman of each sword style.

Squalo then achieved the same feat (Defeating 100 of the world's best swordsman) all the while copying their sword styles.
This Squalo < Genkishi < Yamamoto"

Pretty sure Yamamoto is far far more skilled than Johnny. He's up there on one of the most skilled sword users in the wiki.
These are all feats of him being a extremely skilled swordsman. Johnny can easily remove the sword from Yamamoto, which means that Yamamoto will have to fight with pure H2H, and I'm not sure on how skilled he is at H2H.

He's never done h2h before.

Though it's going to be hard for him to grab it cause once the thread/light gets in range, he'll be able to sense it with his radar and react accordingly. He also makes afterimages and illusions via water manipulation that Johnny has no answers to.

There's also the fact that the sword has water surrounding the actual blade like an aura so if he grabs it, the thread will get nulled.

He's never done h2h before
Then that's going to be extremely detrimental for Yamamoto if Johnny can remove that sword, which he's perfectly capable of doing.

Though it's going to be hard for him to grab it cause once the thread/light gets in range, he'll be able to sense it with his radar and react accordingly. He also makes afterimages and illusions via water manipulation that Johnny has no answers to.
Is his radar an item, or does it just come from Yamamoto himself? If it's an item, Johnny should have no problem destroying it. Also, in the link for Light/Thread Manipulation, it seems that the ability stretches to like a few meters at best, so it might be hard for Yamamoto to avoid that. Even if tht doesn't work, Johnny still has Telekinesis.

There's also the fact that the sword has water surrounding the actual blade like an aura so if he grabs it, the thread will get nulled.
Then Johnny can use Telekinesis. Plus, does Power Null negate attacks that are meant to restrain, and not take damage?

I forgot to mention that the Light/Thread Manip can actually just restrain Yamamoto himself, making him basically unable to move, giving Johnny the easy win.

Is his radar an item, or does it just come from Yamamoto himself? If it's an item, Johnny should have no problem destroying it.
It's just him spreading out his rain flames into the atmosphere.
Also, in the link for Light/Thread Manipulation, it seems that the ability stretches to like a few meters at best, so it might be hard for Yamamoto to avoid that.
He can use illusions or after images. Or just straight up use a forcefield.
Plus, does Power Null negate attacks that are meant to restrain, and not take damage?
Uhh I'm not sure? It just weakens things to the point of nullifying, so it should nullfy attacks on contact.

He also has an ability that will instantly immobilze anything within its range, and the range is pretty wide.

It's just him spreading out his rain flames into the atmosphere.
Yeah. That's definitely going to be useful. Though Johnny has his own way of tracing Yamamoto, so it's kinda even here.

He can use illusions or after images. Or just straight up use a forcefield.
How long will it take for him to create any of the we before he gets restrained? Even so, Johnny still has Telekinesis. That's a GG for Yamamoto if Johnny's Telekinesis removes his sword.

Uhh I'm not sure? It just weakens things to the point of nullifying, so it should nullfy attacks on contact.

He also has an ability that will instantly immobilze anything within its range, and the range is pretty wide.
1. So if Johnny's restraining him, sooner or later, the power will get nullififed. But that gives Johnny enough time to remove the sword. The way you explained the Power Null made it seem like it wasn't instantaneous, so that'll give Johnny time to remove the sword. He's a very quick and clever thinker when it comes to formulating a plan to defeat or getting the upper hand on the opponent, so Johnny's definitely capable of doing this.

2. How does it work? Plus, Johnny can just keep distance, or just Teleport.

How long will it take for him to create any of the we before he gets restrained?
Just by swinging his sword, he can create walls of water that show illusions and after images.
That's a GG for Yamamoto if Johnny's Telekinesis removes his sword.
Power null negates telekinesis.
So if Johnny's restraining him, sooner or later, the power will get nullififed. But that gives Johnny enough time to remove the sword. The way you explained the Power Null made it seem like it wasn't instantaneous, so that'll give Johnny time to remove the sword. He's a very quick and clever thinker when it comes to formulating a plan to defeat or getting the upper hand on the opponent, so Johnny's definitely capable of doing this.
He could also just, make a barrier when he sees the thread coming.
How does it work? Plus, Johnny can just keep distance, or just Teleport.
He flys up towards them and he unsheathes his sword then the water spreads out freezing everything around him.

He also has Gofuu Juuu, which allows him to synchronize his breath with his opponent allowing him to dodge their attacks at high speed. Like I said before, he's like the perfect offense and perfect defense. Unless you have major hax or are more skilled then him, it's going to be very hard to land an attack on him.

I know for a fact, Johnny isn't going to stay ranged the whole entire fight. He literally is unable to hit him because Yamamoto has so many counters. Logically, the only other option is for Johnny to get close, and that's where Yamamoto will take the win.

Just by swinging his sword, he can create walls of water that show illusions and after images.
Okay. That'll be useful here.

Power null negates telekinesis.
How can you weaken Telekinesis? Plus, Johnny doesn't have to go for the sword. He can just use Telekinesis on Yamamoto himself. And by looking at the link here, I really don't see how Yamamoto can counter this.

He could also just, make a barrier when he sees the thread coming.
True.

He flys up towards them and he unsheathes his sword then the water spreads out freezing everything around him.
Johnny can easily avoid this. And by "flies up towards them," do you mean he flies towards Johnny? Plus, I think Johnny X can just resist this himself. His base form alone can survive on the Moon with no gear whatsoever. According to this, the Moon can get as a cold as -298 degrees fahrenheit. He also was able to resist Brain Freezer's cold weather, while everyone else froze to a popsicle. Even if he doesn't resist it, then he can just transform into his heat form, which was shown to make him have higher flight speed than before.

He also has Gofuu Juuu, which allows him to synchronize his breath with his opponent allowing him to dodge their attacks at high speed.
I'm a little confused on this description ngl lol. How does he synchronize his breath with Johnny? Is it a passive thing? Johnny's heat mode transformation increases, which I forgot to add to his profile.

Like I said before, he's like the perfect offense and perfect defense. Unless you have major hax or are more skilled then him, it's going to be very hard to land an attack on him.
Johnny's also the perfect offensive and defensive person. He has hella versatility and range, and he's tanky asf, as stated many times before. Your gonna need hax as well to beat Johnny.

I know for a fact, Johnny isn't going to stay ranged the whole entire fight
Literally all of Johnny X's attacks are ranged, so it's safe to say he can and needs to stay at a range, considering that Yamamoto can finish the fight off if Johnny went up.close and personal. CQC/H2H is not something Johnny X does in character. I forgot to mention that Johnny can Teleport as far as space, and he's able to Teleport others that far as well. This means 3 things:

1. Yamamoto won't be able to sense Johnny anymore.
2. Johnny should have no problem keeping his distance.
3. Yamamoto will not be able to predict what Johnny will do next since he can't sense him anymore.
and
4. Johnny can just Teleport Yamamoto to space, giving him the win via BFR, since Yamamoto can't breathe in space iirc.

These are 4 scenarios that can happen with Johnny's Teleportation alone, and he has a few other win cons to stack onto this as well.

Johnny's Range, Versatility, Mobility, LS, Teleportation, and Stamina should be enough to overwhelm Yamamoto.

Also another thing.

Since Johnny's LS is Class 50 compared to Yamamoto's Peak Human LS, and since the way @Nierre explained Yamamoto's Power Null, Johnny should still have enough LS to overpower Yamamoto before his Light/Thread Manipulation and Telekinesis (assuming that you can Power Null TK) gets nulled.

Plus, I think Johnny X can just resist this himself. His base form alone can survive on the Moon with no gear whatsoever. According to this, the Moon can get as a cold as -298 degrees fahrenheit. He also was able to resist Brain Freezer's cold weather, while everyone else froze to a popsicle. Even if he doesn't resist it, then he can just transform into his heat form, which was shown to make him have higher flight speed than before.
I dont mean freeze as in ice. Freeze as in immobilization.
1. Yamamoto won't be able to sense Johnny anymore.
2. Johnny should have no problem keeping his distance.
3. Yamamoto will not be able to predict what Johnny will do next since he can't sense him anymore.
It's a tournament, in a stadium. Clearly going into space is out of bounds and that should count as a loss in that case.
4. Johnny can just Teleport Yamamoto to space, giving him the win via BFR, since Yamamoto can't breathe in space iirc.
That's fair.
I'm a little confused on this description ngl lol. How does he synchronize his breath with Johnny? Is it a passive thing?
Yeah idk, he just copies their breathing and moving at high speeds, allowing him to dodge attacks with relative ease. He can even dodge danmaku.
Johnny's Range
I agree.
Versatility
Once again I disagree. Yamamoto hard counters literally everything he has but potentially telekinesis. Powernull should negate telekinesis, especially seeing how it has layers. It's able to negate those and things that are resistant and it stacks, I can't go through the whole chain, but @YungManzi can probably do it better.
LS, Teleportation, and Stamina
I agree.

I dont mean freeze as in ice. Freeze as in immobilization.
Ohh. Okay. But still, Johnny has many ways to avoid this.

It's a tournament, in a stadium. Clearly going into space is out of bounds and that should count as a loss in that case.
"Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread." A quote from the SBA page. The stadium can be left during the battle.

Yeah idk, he just copies their breathing and moving at high speeds, allowing him to dodge attacks with relative ease. He can even dodge danmaku.
Yeah, this one's a little confusing here. I have a question about the Danmaku part though. Which is harder to dodge? City sized Tornadoes and Explosions, or Danmaku? Also, Johnny can increase his flight speed with his heat transformation.

Once again I disagree. Yamamoto hard counters literally everything he has but potentially telekinesis. Powernull should negate telekinesis, especially seeing how it has layers. It's able to negate those and things that are resistant and it stacks, I can't go through the whole chain, but @YungManzi can probably do it better.
Johnny keeping his distance alone is enough to counter most of Yamamoto's abilities. Yamamoto will have to constantly close the range between them if he wants to get a chance to hit Johnny or finish him off in general.

Assuming that they cannot kill or finish each other off with any of their abilities they throw at each other, only 2 scenarios can happen here:

1. It'll be an Incon.
or
2. Johnny outlasts via having far better Stamina than Yamamoto.

If this match lasts a long time, Yamamoto has no win con. He either ties or loses to Johnny via his massive Stamina disadvantage.

"Location: Central Park, New York City. The location can be left during the course of battle. If extreme advantages are generated via this location to one side, a balanced alternative should be discussed in the thread." A quote from the SBA page. The stadium can be left during the battle.
That's for SBA. This isn't SBA, we've already established the location, now unless the OP makes the rule that you can leave the stadium then I'll concede to that. Plus BFR to space is an extreme advantage since Johnny can just BFR any and everyone out and just win that way.
Which is harder to dodge? City sized Tornadoes and Explosions, or Danmaku?
City sized explosions and tornadoes for sure. Though he does still have forcefields and other defenses allowing him to tank them for sure.

Also I completely forgot to mention, that his Rain Swallow allows him to hide his presence via controlling the rain in the air and the moisture. In doing so he can camouflage and get Johnny while he's attacking his mirage. That's actually a way more viable and easier wincon for Yamamoto to pull off, than what I mentioned before.

Control the atmosphere to create mirrages that can also make forcefields and barriers -> Hide himself via camo -> get close to him and either cut him up or use immobilization.

That's for SBA. This isn't SBA, we've already established the location, now unless the OP makes the rule that you can leave the stadium then I'll concede to that. Plus BFR to space is an extreme advantage since Johnny can just BFR any and everyone out and just win that way.
??? It is SBA. SBA applies to any battle. Yes, we established the location, and SBA says you can leave the location. Ignoring this is basically ignoring the basic rules of most versus battles. We've legit gone over this in a matchup in this tournament.

City sized explosions and tornadoes for sure. Though he does still have forcefields and other defenses allowing him to tank them for sure.
Then Yamamoto's ability to dodge attacks better won't help here, as city sized attacks is much harder to dodge than Danmaku. Force Fields will help though.

Also I completely forgot to mention, that his Rain Swallow allows him to hide his presence via controlling the rain in the air and the moisture. In doing so he can camouflage and get Johnny while he's attacking his mirage. That's actually a way more viable and easier wincon for Yamamoto to pull off, than what I mentioned before.
How fast does the ability take to activate? Johnny can literally fight while blind, meaning he doesn't know the person's presence unless told so. Hiding his presence won't help Yamamoto here. Plus, Johnny has Weather Manipulation, so he can probably counter this before the ability activates. This is assuming that the attack activates instantly. Doing this will probably make Yamamoto vulnerable, making Johnny get a wide open shot.

Control the atmosphere to create mirrages that can also make forcefields and barriers
Johnny can control the atmosphere via his Weather Manipulation.

Hide himself via camo
Won't help him here, as Johnny can fight while blind. Also, Johnny can use his Telepathy to find where Yamamoto is at.

get close to him and either cut him up or use immobilization.
Most likely won't happen unless you can convince me he can do this.

Back