• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Let's avoid the Medaka spam by using not Medaka

A re creators match which isn't altair? Great, we need more of this.

Unfortunately misogi stomps, magane needs to get people to deny what she asks to use her ability while misogi can use his with a thought.

She could have a chance, if misogi talks to her and she gets him to deny something, then all fiction might just not have an effect on her anymore, but depends on if misogi would just go to erase her, or actually talk to her.

Depends if in character misogi just erases ppl instead of talking to them, which i don't know the answer to.

Not necessarily. Chikujoin is pretty talkative during combat. That's how she got Hangaku in the first place. And Kumagawa never actually erased anybody in-character.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Depends if in character misogi just erases ppl instead of talking to them, which i don't know the answer to.
honestly depends. He doesn't straight up erase people without reason, but he will erase people when called for. Such as him up and erasing Zenkichi, but he used Unskilled to bring him back later. It more likely he will try and disable there powers via All Fiction, then seal them wil Book Maker or up and murder them with screws.

Its more likely for him to screw spam or erase time and blitz, or if the enemy's defensive hax are all too powerful for any of his other abilities, he will go with Book Maker

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Not necessarily. Chikujoin is pretty talkative during combat. That's how she got Hangaku in the first place. And Kumagawa never actually erased anybody in-character.
He erased Zenkichi, but he brought him back using Unskilled so really he wouldn't do it in the context of a straight up fight. More likely he would use Book Maker if she does end up disabling All Fiction, since that is what he does against people who can counter all his other powers (reminder that Book Maker bypasses defensive hax)

I'm gonna go with Kumagawa via Book Maker, not All Fiction surpisingly. I do expect that he would engage in talk with her, tho if he gets provoaked he will probably just screw blitz her. I think this would probably go down like his fight with Kugurugi:

They talk, he attacks, She demonstrates her abilities trump All Fiction and Screw Spam, He is concerned, she stomps him for a bit, He goes for Book Maker to bypass said defensive hax

It's a fantastic show, and I think Magane is my second or third favorite Character.

And the score board says:

Kumagawa - 1

Chikujoin - 0

But if Magane manages to trick Kumagawa into saying something along the lines of "You won't beat me" or "You will lose/die", Magane has more or less won since she'll revert his words.

GoldenScorpions said:
But if Magane manages to trick Kumagawa into saying something along the lines of "You won't beat me" or "You will lose/die", Magane has more or less won since she'll revert his words.
That might work on All Fiction or his Screw Spam if you want to stretch, but it definitely won't work on Book Maker which bypasses defensive hax. Also that doesn't sound like something Kumagawa would say but whatever

with his aura that induces disgust and fear? yeah I could see it. Or are you refering to something else

That, and also doesnt he induce negative feelings on people just by standing around and talking? Like, I can perfectly recall the time when he deppresed everyone just by greeting them.

Edit: ninja'd lol

Adding empath manip would require a CRT right? I've been wanting to make one for a while to remove that imagination manifestation crap.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Adding empath manip would require a CRT right? I've been wanting to make one for a while to remove that imagination manifestation crap.
Well, that did happen once.

It would never ever happen again, and only could have ever happened in that exact scenario, but it technically happened.

I agree that it's not his ability though.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
what do you have against his magic manifestation. its intentionally left vague btw, tho I interprit it as real since Medaka fought with War Gold and stuff

I don't know, maybe I'm just boring, but I saw that whole fight as everybody just playing make-believe, and Kumagawa was just so good at pretend, he made everyone else believe it.

Anyway, I don't wanna derail this too much, so let's stop talking about playing make-believe and get back to fictional characters killing each other.

Yay.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
So, I just had a thought, but would Kumagawa's pessimism actually work to his advantave here?
Yeah, hence why I said the things that would activate her powers dont seem like things he would say

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
And regardless, I'm not hearing any reasons not to take that shit off his page. Now, no more derailing!
Sorry!

And I'd probably give this to Kumagawa in more scenarios. He's the kind of person to always assume he'll lose or be unhappy, so he probably wouldn't say anything along the lines of "you won't win". Just the opposite in fact, with his monologuing about his own weakness.

Is there anything Kumagawa would realistically say that would let Magane take advantage of? Or will he stay pessimist 24/7?

Back