• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Welp, I just realized these two have the same key together, better now than never right? The Monado boy foresaw these two about to jump on him in his own trailer, but took measures into his own hands and bribed Link with an endless supply of pots in order for him to defeat Marth for him. Let's see who’s the best fighter. Base Marth vs Incomplete Master Sword Link, speed is equalized and it takes place in the Colosseum in Fire Emblem.

Marth: 8 (Rtxthegamer, Shmooply, NomNoms, Luckyfun, Sonicflare9, Mister6ame6, Armerish, Gilvertheprotoangelo)

Link:

Inconclusive:

Marth_%28character%29.png
Zelda_SkywardSwordHD_Carousel_Char_Link.png

Last edited:
Look how they masacred my boy link
He and every other Zelda character really got dunked on. Except Majora.

Anyway, Marth is 15.6 Kilotons and Link is 19.8 Kilotons so a slight AP advantage for fairy boy. I don't know enough about Marth to really say anything so I'll wait for people knowledgeable on FE to show up before casting a vote.

So looking at their respective calcs, Marth is around 15.6 kilotons, and Link is around 19. So Link does have the slight AP advantage.

However, I will vote Marth, since he has High-Low regen with the Lifesphere (It restores his health fully every turn) which is going to be pretty hard for Link to get past unless he decapitates him or something, which seems unlikely considering the fact that the AP advantage isn't that high. While Link also does have healing, and resurrection, Marth's regeneration is going to be much harder for Link to bypass than it is for Marth to bypass his healing and resurrection (which he can only do so many times).

Also, the Levin Sword negates durability to an extent, always doing a set amount of damage (10 HP) regardless of durability. Though I suppose that could be reduced by Link's resistances.

Let's see.

Marth is about 15.6 Kilotons while Link is 19.8 Kilotons so Link has some slight AP advantage though it isn't special. Not to mention with Starsphere, Marth can increase his strength, matching or even becoming stronger than Link.

And some can argue whether Marth is more skilled than Link based on their profiles.

While Link is Class E, that is only with Complete Triforce, which I don't think he have in this key. So, he is probably at worst comparable to the other Links, who are Class 50, which is still higher than Marth's.

Link has Resurrection on his side as with his fairies, he can resurrect himself at full power if he was ever to be defeated. Since his profiles has 'fairies", I assume it means more than 1.

Link has one more advantage if he has the Hylian Shield in his key as it is currently stated to be Invulnerable and has a higher Durability than Marth so he would be able to withstand attacks from Marth pretty easily with the shield.

Welp, I just realized these two have the same key together, better now than never right? The Monado boy foresaw these two about to jump on him in his own trailer, but took measures into his own hands and bribed Link with an endless supply of pots in order for him to defeat Marth for him. Let's see who’s the best fighter. Base Marth vs Incomplete Master Sword Link, speed is equalized and it takes place in the Colosseum in Fire Emblem.
LOL nice

Nono, Kobster had a point. Link has (presumably) a bunch of Fairies with him, which means it’ll also be hard to take him out. Marth may be healing, but with Links higher LS, any clashing blows between them will favor him. Heck, even if we go by the class 50 argument, that’s still way above Marth’s value of ‘Superhuman’. Any chance Link just… breaks his sword?

Also, I’m not very knowledgable on FE ngl. Can anyone tell me what the Light Sphere (shush I never misspelt this) actually is?

Last edited:
Link’s not that much stronger than Marth so he’s not gonna shatter his sword that easily, and even if he can Marth has multiple swords to use meaning that’s a bit moot.

I don’t know, even class 50 is way above Marth’s LS. But you’re right on the multiple swords bit, so that’s fair. How many swords does he have, and can he equip them all consecutively in combat?
I ask because becoming swordless would probably screw up his combat.

Lifting strength is dependent on them getting into a tug of war brawl, which Marth doesn’t have a habit of doing since he’s more of a strategist than a head on brawler.

A lot, and yes he can use them all if he wants to, many of them with different effects like increasing the chances of him dealing far more damage than normal, using magic attacks and likely a couple other abilities I’m missing.

Honestly tempted to vote Link but I'm not quite sure how sharp objects work in these tiers, can they cut through each other or do they just kinda deal basic damage

Yes it is, and I demand some risssPECT on the name Grimoire Weiss, no Weiss or any Nicknames.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back