• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A, 9-C with Weapons Tournament. Round 1 Match 4. Dr. Facilier vs Lucy Carlyle

Would his shadow count as a ghost? I think there were some ghosts that manifest as shadows... although that's of course technically more of an aesthetic thing.
Still, would it be unreasonable to say Lucy can capture it in a net?
In general, I would expect Lucy to fight Faciler more than the shadow, though. That's because ghosts can't be permanently defeated in the verse, so she usually goes for the source of the "ghost".

Would his shadow count as a ghost? I think there were some ghosts that manifest as shadows... although that's of course technically more of an aesthetic thing.
Still, would it be unreasonable to say Lucy can capture it in a net?
Kinda dificult sinse It isn't a floating shadown, It's shadow in literaly being projected in the wall, the only real way to deal with It would be atacking the shadow with direct light

the safest possition lucy can be is not leting facilier shadow get near hers

Kinda dificult sinse It isn't a floating shadown, It's shadow in literaly being projected in the wall, the only real way to deal with It would be atacking the shadow with direct light

the safest possition lucy can be is not leting facilier shadow get near hers
Ah, so the shadow attacks Lucy, by attacking Lucy's shadow?
Her flares and, to a lesser extent, salt bombs cause light, so there's that. On paper she also has her NPI, so she might be able to harm the shadow by stabbing the wall...

But alright, we talked about the Doctor's offense. How does he defend himself against a flare being thrown his way? Or, for that matter, how does he deal with Lucy trying to stab her rapier through his throat?

Ah, so the shadow attacks Lucy, by attacking Lucy's shadow?
Bassicaly
Her flares and, to a lesser extent, salt bombs cause light, so there's that.
They would need to explod in direct contact with the shadown sinse the Loa showed to only be damage whem in direct contact with a light source, being able to continue moving whem inside a light being projected in walls, trough His shadown It self was never damaged
On paper she also has her NPI, so she might be able to harm the shadow by stabbing the wall...
This is possible, Facilier was able to down low his shadown after all
But alright, we talked about the Doctor's offense. How does he defend himself against a flare being thrown his way? Or, for that matter, how does he deal with Lucy trying to stab her rapier through his throat?
Acrobatics and ilusion creation, possible his shadow grabing her weapons or just defending with his cane, but acrobatics to dodge is the most likle

Dr.facilier still has as wel ilusion creation and acrobatics without prepare that he used in combat
How useful is the illusion creation actually? On his page there is a clip of him creating a mini-town or something, but that doesn't seem very applicable for combat use.
They would need to explod in direct contact with the shadown sinse the Loa showed to only be damage whem in direct contact with a light source, being able to continue moving whem inside a light being projected in walls, trough His shadown It self was never damaged
The Loa stuff applies to his shadow?

Anyway, that's no problem. The flares and salt bombs spread around brightly burning material over AoE. That's their point actually. And Lucy is very practiced in throwing precisely.

Acrobatics and ilusion creation, possible his shadow grabing her weapons or just defending with his cane, but acrobatics to dodge is the most likle
Is he a good fighter with his acrobatics or is it more to move around?

He tecnicaly can use transmutation, but He only used in a alread transmuted oponent
Doesn't he needthe opponent's blood for that? The one clip on his profile made it look like that.

How useful is the illusion creation actually? On his page there is a clip of him creating a mini-town or something, but that doesn't seem very applicable for combat use.
Created a entire ilusion of a restaurant around a target whem they were in a cemitery, mostly used to change how the victim perciives the surondings trough
Is he a good fighter with his acrobatics or is it more to move around?
His shadown do all the fighting, so more to move around
Doesn't he needthe opponent's blood for that? The one clip on his profile made it look like that.
He turned diane into a human from frog and back to frog just by blowing some poder into her, the blood is to turn a human into another or something

The Loa stuff applies to his shadow?

Anyway, that's no problem. The flares and salt bombs spread around brightly burning material over AoE. That's their point actually. And Lucy is very practiced in throwing precisely.
Maybe, they kindawork the same way so It's more guessing, the shadow can work in a complete diferent way them the Loa

and well, I guess the shadow could tecnicaly dodge It but would be abd for facilier

Oh, and interesting, his ilusions seen like they can block light(sinse his shadow can be projected into the restaurant walls) so he should be able to use ilusion to protect his shadow

So he can do that even without having blood dripped unto that medallion first? Well, all Lucy could do against that is dodge. But if it's not very in character for battle use then that's good.
I see. That's some more impressive illusions. Too bad Lucy doesn't have the skull as standard equip on her page... not much she can do against those like this.

Looking at that, I think either can take this. It just depends on who makes a decisive hit I don't think the doctor has the defenses to do much against her tossing flares. He can dodge, but by then he is in rapier distance and one good hit takes him out.
If the doctor manages to get out a good illusion it would be the other way, though.
I think Lucy might use her moves first in combat, though, as they are her standard combat tactic.

Looking at that, I think either can take this. It just depends on who makes a decisive hit I don't think the doctor has the defenses to do much against her tossing flares. He can dodge, but by then he is in rapier distance and one good hit takes him out.
If the doctor manages to get out a good illusion it would be the other way, though.
I think Lucy might use her moves first in combat, though, as they are her standard combat tactic.
He could also trow the Flare back with a swing of his cane If I'm not mixing what a flare is

but the question is, would she aim to the shadow? sinse the shadown just need to sneak around her and do a big hit into her shadow

He could also trow the Flare back with a swing of his cane If I'm not mixing what a flare is

but the question is, would she aim to the shadow? sinse the shadown just need to sneak around her and do a big hit into her shadow
Lucy is used to combating ghosts, so she would not be unaware of it. (in fact, she might even sense it) She won't primarily combat it, but she would not just let it attack her, I think. She can also take an attack from the shadow, as Facilier is only 9-C with his cane. Other way around, he can't take hits from her weapons.

Batting it back might theoretically be possible, but Lucy is very skilled at throwing, so it isn't easy. If Lucy times the fuse well, it might also explode at an inopportune time. And after batting it back, she would have closed in with her rapier. Can he deal with a combat-trained fencer in direct combat?

Facilier is only 9-C with his cane. Other way around, he can't take hits from her weapons
The shadow has a cane that can use o in combat as well, sinse It basicaly has everye thing Facilier has
Can he deal with a combat-trained fencer in direct combat?
He never was in a direct fight with any one

Batting it back might theoretically be possible, but Lucy is very skilled at throwing, so it isn't easy. If Lucy times the fuse well, it might also explode at an inopportune time.
He could nesse ewith the aim with ilusion creating pillar and more

Trough I'm voting for the ghost hunter sinse facilier is a trikister fighter without his best tricks and little to work with

Not mentioning she has the counters she need

Back