• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

10-A, 9-C with Weapons Tournament. Round 2 Match 3. Lucy Carlyle vs Fencer

Welp, all links on Fencers page are broken so no looking those up, huh?
How skilled of a fencer is Fencer? Lighting him on fire with her flares and salt bombs seems to be about the best Lucy can do.
I would say her net is useful too but that is not listed as equip for some reason.

Welp, all links on Fencers page are broken so no looking those up, huh?
How skilled of a fencer is Fencer? Lighting him on fire with her flares and salt bombs seems to be about the best Lucy can do.
He was a fencing champion and is able to swiftly kill people pretty easily (who were also fencing champions)

setting him on fire would... make him angry I guess. he's just going to run at them while he's on fire and attack them. This really comes down to how long Lucy can go against fencer considering his immortality is going to be a pain.

Would his anger numb his fencing skills? The flames would also hurt, I think, so there's that.
Lucy is regularly practicing with Lockwood, who is fencing champion level, but she herself is not quite there. (Given, I would expect the verses fencing league to be a little harder than real lifes, as the skill became so important)
If it is just to buy time against an opponent injured from the flares explosions and continuously growing weaker, she might manage, though. Honestly, running away seems like a viable option to buy time, too.

Would his anger numb his fencing skills? The flames would also hurt, I think, so there's that.
Lucy is regularly practicing with Lockwood, who is fencing champion level, but she herself is not quite there. (Given, I would expect the verses fencing league to be a little harder than real lifes, as the skill became so important)
If it is just to buy time against an opponent injured from the flares explosions and continuously growing weaker, she might manage, though. Honestly, running away seems like a viable option to buy time, too.
He's undead, and has been killed before, pain and his anger is probably the least of his worries, as he's still able to kill fencing champions while enraged. i'd say he doesn't lose any skill as such. his armor (while not fireproof) should help him with the fire issue.

if she's not quite a fencing champion in her verse, chances are (if it is so important) she's either just behind him or equal to him in skill, which doesn't go well with the fact he killed people equal to him all the time.

speed is equal here so running away ain't really an option since he's going to be infinitely right behind her if she does so.

Do the flares start burning when they hit things because I would assume fencer has the common sense to try blocking or avoiding a flaming object thrown at them

Do the flares start burning when they hit things because I would assume fencer has the common sense to try blocking or avoiding a flaming object thrown at them
Lucy can seemingly time them well enough that they explode when they reach her target. She has used them on humans before.
He's undead, and has been killed before, pain and his anger is probably the least of his worries, as he's still able to kill fencing champions while enraged. i'd say he doesn't lose any skill as such. his armor (while not fireproof) should help him with the fire issue.

if she's not quite a fencing champion in her verse, chances are (if it is so important) she's either just behind him or equal to him in skill, which doesn't go well with the fact he killed people equal to him all the time.

speed is equal here so running away ain't really an option since he's going to be infinitely right behind her if she does so.
Being undead doesn't necessarily mean you don't feel pain. Also, consider that her projectiles explode. He does get a certain measure of explosion damage.

Technically, being just barely far enough away from him while running would suffice to buy time, though. His injuries would also slow him down, whether he feels them or not.

Also, something I just thought of: The man has eyes, doesn't he? So if the flares burn his eyes out then... he wouldn't see anything anymore, no? And that seems to be the least protected part of him.

Being undead doesn't necessarily mean you don't feel pain. Also, consider that her projectiles explode. He does get a certain measure of explosion damage.
Yes but being killed and getting up and acting seemingly completely fine is (besides being beyond pissed off, he was 'fine' [I'm not going to make a crt for it since the Henderson verse was nuked, so nothing much I can bring to the table with that]). he's a fencer, he should know how to dodge pretty well, I dont think its out of the question for him to move out of the way. and, if it really comes down to it he can run away and jump her since he has stealth mastery, sure she has enhanced senses but it sounds like it covers spiritual things, not actual hearing senses for her to easily figure out where he is.

So they explode how does the light and fire manipulation work?
They explode in light and fire. Salt bombs in particular explode into burning salt. (or something burning together with the salt, hard to say)
Yes but being killed and getting up and acting seemingly completely fine is (besides being beyond pissed off, he was 'fine' [I'm not going to make a crt for it since the Henderson verse was nuked, so nothing much I can bring to the table with that]). he's a fencer, he should know how to dodge pretty well, I dont think its out of the question for him to move out of the way. and, if it really comes down to it he can run away and jump her since he has stealth mastery, sure she has enhanced senses but it sounds like it covers spiritual things, not actual hearing senses for her to easily figure out where he is.
How long after being killed did he get up? What was he exactly killed by?

Consider that he has no idea what the thing Lucy throws at him is. And Lucy could throw more while fencing, so that dodging isn't that easy.

Lucy has sharp ears and pays good attention to her surroundings at least. She has to take care not to get jumped by ghosts, after all, and those can come through walls. And isn't his stealth mastery from sneaking into a tournament or something? It doesn't sound that impressive.

Lucy has sharp ears and pays good attention to her surroundings at least. She has to take care not to get jumped by ghosts, after all, and those can come through walls. And isn't his stealth mastery from sneaking into a tournament or something? It doesn't sound that impressive.
Sneaking into a tournament, killing infront of of people, escaping without anyone noticing he was even there iirc
How long after being killed did he get up? What was he exactly killed by?
We never get a time period, but the fact the tournament he was (assumably) in was still going on must have meant he got up within a very short amount of time

aight i just noticed fencer somehow holds 5 weapons at the same time on him despite only having space for 3 at most for his hands, so where are the other two??? guys where does he keep the other 3 weapons-

She has 2 and I assume he would try to avoid things thrown at them in a fight.
Correction: She has two magnesium flares. She has more salt bombs than that. And she's good at throwing. I'm sure you have played dodgeball before, so you know that dodging stuff thrown by a good thrower from relatively short range ain't that easy. Especially if they are allowed to run while they are at it.
aight i just noticed fencer somehow holds 5 weapons at the same time on him despite only having space for 3 at most for his hands, so where are the other two??? guys where does he keep the other 3 weapons-
Does he rap by any chance?

Correction: She has two magnesium flares. She has more salt bombs than that. And she's good at throwing. I'm sure you have played dodgeball before, so you know that dodging stuff thrown by a good thrower from relatively short range ain't that easy. Especially if they are allowed to run while they are at it.
Ah okay Lucy fra

And just to get this concluded

Ghost hunter FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back