• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(1 Aang - 7 Edward - 0 Jojo) Aang vs Edward Elric - I swear I do this out of my own interest

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
9-A Aang with 8-C water bending vs 9-B Edward with High 8-C Alchemy

Speed equalised else SBA

Battle takes place in... Intex Osaka Japan

And just saying here is Intex Osaka Japa.

Aang - 1 - Imaginym

Edward Elric - 7 - Migue79, The Calaca, Tony di bugalu, ThePixelKirby, The pen or the sword, Jamesthetaker, YungManzi

Ohhhh Noooo~ - 0

DB Aang (ATLA) VS Edward (FMA) matchup(1)

So both of them can one-shot one another with their abilities... but Aang can one-shot Ed with his strength alone?

Anyway, I might debate this later.

Can't Edward nullify any water that Aang bends with his Alchemy?

And as for Airbending? Also, Aang simply bapping Edward with his staff should defeat him, given 9-A without bending vs Ed's 9-B Durability.

Meanwhile, Ed & his 9-B AP trying to punch through Aang's 9-A Durability would probably lead to poor shorty hurting his artificial fist. (Does his current arm support feeling pain?)

Also, I'm pretty sure he can nullify his water & earth shields using his alchemy, as well as bypass his durability. He can turn him and his staff into granite like with Father.

But he doesn't have an answer to Airbending...? AKA, the first element Aang learned to bend & is arguably most experienced with?

Also, OP specifies "9-A Aang with 8-C water bending" (Base Season 1) not "At least 9-A, 8-C" (Base Season 2) so.... Does Aang HAVE Earthbending in season 1? His P&A isn't split into keys like his tiering his, & my memory sucks.

Anyway, is transmuting a human Ed's first resort in-character? Ignoring that ANY one hit should OHKO Ed.

Also, doesn't his Durability Negating Transmutation require physical contact to initiate?

Air is just like any matter. So he should be able to transmute it. To what extent? I don't know.

It's not, but he's been known to use it after he immediately finds out his opponent is more durable. And yes, it does require initial contact.

Him finding out his opponent is more durable may occur after he's been struck by Aang, which is a one-shot. Or, when one attack doesn't work, what if he tries a different, stronger one, or a different approach, & that doesn't end up being Durability Negation?

Also, Aang has as much reason to dodge as Edward, & I'd assume he's skilled in Martial Arts. IIRC, he's certainly an evasive fighter in-character. I think it'd take a while before Ed could land a hit on Aang.

And Aang's bending OHKOs just like Ed's Transmutation, right?

He's evasive? Then Ed might end up hitting Aang first before he gets hit by him. Ed is also a Master in Martial Arts, while in Aang's profile, it doesn't state that. That, and Ed is more aggresive. So, he'll definitely find out he's more durable that way and then try to negate his durability.

He won't try to attack harder considering the attack and durability difference: Aang won't even flinch if Ed strikes him. He can try to crush him with multiple buildings. But that's not in-character for Ed to do right off the bat. So, he does have more methods, but the one he might try against Aang immediately is Durability Negation, especially when he finds out he's more durable.

Considering Aang's Airbending is 9-A and Ed is 9-B physically, it'll definitely OHKO him. And his alchemy's potency is High 8-C. So, he can just creates columns from the ground to protect himself from both his Airbending and Waterbending.

Essentially, they can OHKO each other, but they have to overcome different obstacles to do that.

Tony di bugalu said:
What is the AP difference?
9-A Aang with 8-C water bending vs 9-B Edward with High 8-C Alchemy

I know for a fact that Edward will found out he's more durable before he gets hit by Aang due to contrasting fighting styles and Edward being better hand to hand.

I don't think he'll transmute his airbending, but I know that he'll block it bringing up High 8-C rock constructs.

The only thing Ed will have troubles with is Aang's superior mobility, as Ed's restricted to using rock constructs, which can be exploited and is less flexible than flying.

Both have high stamina, so if Ed can't overcome it, i'll Have to say inconclusive. If he can, I'll be siding with the pipsqueak for now. So, for now, with the current information, I'm not placing my vote.

Sorry but I see ppl keep saying that Ed is a superior hand to hand fighter, why? Bending is more martial arts than magic and Aang is a prodigy, considered a master air bender at 12 years old (youngest in the history of his ppl) and extremely proficient in water and earth bending after only a few months of training in both. He definitely qualifies as a "Master Martial artist"

Migue79 said:
He's evasive? Then Ed might end up hitting Aang first before he gets hit by him. Ed is also a Master in Martial Arts, while in Aang's profile, it doesn't state that. That, and Ed is more aggresive. So, he'll definitely find out he's more durable that way and then try to negate his durability.
He won't try to attack harder considering the attack and durability difference: Aang won't even flinch if Ed strikes him. He can try to crush him with multiple buildings. But that's not in-character for Ed to do right off the bat. So, he does have more methods, but the one he might try against Aang immediately is Durability Negation, especially when he finds out he's more durable.

Considering Aang's Airbending is 9-A and Ed is 9-B physically, it'll definitely OHKO him. And his alchemy's potency is High 8-C. So, he can just creates columns from the ground to protect himself from both his Airbending and Waterbending.

Essentially, they can OHKO each other, but they have to overcome different obstacles to do that.
but im sure an evasive fighting style would make Aang's options of getting the 1-hit he needs in easier, as it is less riskier. and considering it takes a lot of skill to master elemental bending, im pretty sure he should be just as good at cqc as Edward.

i am going to vote for Aang for better mobility and more suitable fighting style

Tony di bugalu said:
The AP gap between them (physically) is like 3.5x, not enough to one shot.
Also, how the heck did you find those?
Big Data b*tch

I find the data from the calc blogs.

To add, Aang can oneshot Ed when both are in base and their element-bending powers are not used.

But Ed with alchemy is 5x stronger than Aang when both uses their superpowers.

And just saying here is Intex Osaka Japa.

A vote for Aang. He should be able to take the victory due to the slightly higher physical advantage if close quarter combat comes into play. But with superior range, evasion proficiency, and flight he could attack from a distance while staying safe. In addition while Edward could transmutate Aang's eart (boulders, spikes, etc.) Earthbenders in Avatar tend to use earth by propelling their opponents or pulling them underground.

The chosen key for Aang only waterbends and airbends. No earthbending for this key.

Vote counted

Migue79 said:
I know for a fact that Edward will found out he's more durable before he gets hit by Aang due to contrasting fighting styles and Edward being better hand to hand.

I don't think he'll transmute his airbending, but I know that he'll block it bringing up High 8-C rock constructs.

The only thing Ed will have troubles with is Aang's superior mobility, as Ed's restricted to using rock constructs, which can be exploited and is less flexible than flying.

Both have high stamina, so if Ed can't overcome it, i'll Have to say inconclusive. If he can, I'll be siding with the pipsqueak for now. So, for now, with the current information, I'm not placing my vote.
You are not voting yet?

More importantly, by which episode Aang learned to fly?

Oh, crap. We're using Season 1 Aang. I need to read profiles more carefully next time

I'm not sure which episode specifically, but I know for a fact it wasn't in Season 1.

Been too long since I watched Avatar. Going off by memory. So please correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.

Vote reset since it is said Aang has no true flight by Season 1 and chosen key for Aang only waterbends and airbends.

@Reaper180498 and @ShadowChild'sReaper: you may recast/confirm votes with different reasons.

Also, think about how the battle location may affect your votes.

looks at the setting the battle takes place i Noooooooooo. Alchemy gives Edward such an advantage in this setting.

Anyways, while Aang is without a doubt skilled, Edward loves to mix up his fighting style with Alchemy a lot (ESPECIALLY against physically superior opponents), making it hard to predict what he's going to do next. That trait mixes well with aggressive playstyles. Add in his more combat and alchemy oriented intelligence and Aang is in for a hard time CQC despite being able to 1 shot him. I mean, Edward has Master Martial Arts in his profile and Aang doesn't for a reason.

Now after finding out that Aang can't fly, Edward now has the better mobility as he uses rock constructs to propel himself and get places, which will definitely help with passive play when he needs those buildings and even overcome Aang's range advantage. Aang would only use his Air Scooter which is inferior to Edward using earth constructs and his environments to enhance his mobility.

There's also more land than water, so Water Bending might not help Aang much here actually. Meaning he is going to have to rely more on Airbending which Ed can respond with using rock constructs to protect himself.

It will definitely be risky to go hand to hand against Aang when he can oneshot him. But like I said, his aggressive and more unpredictable fighting style and his more potent and flexible powers will allow him to learn about Aang's superior durability, plan accordingly (as he has always done), negate his durability by transmutation and then kill him. Or he can just unleash a barrage of rock constructs with his alchemy at him like he did against Father, which Aang can't really respond to considering they'll have High 8-C potency due to Alchemy.

Oh. yeah. Edward likes to block attacks with his automail. So, if he tries to block it, it will break his automail.

... You know what? I am going to vote now. My vote goes for the pipsqueak Fullmetal Alchemist due to the massive advantages Alchemy gives him, his more efficient fighting style, and being more skilled overall.

Though, I am willing to have my opinion changed.

My vote for Aang stands. I only brought up earthbending as it was stated that Edward could transmutate Aang's earth attacks and I was saying he could do that to being pulled underground or propelled into the air.

If memory serves Aang was shown fying in the very first episode when he was showing off for Katara & Sokka's village. It was Appa who couldn't fly at first.

Of what Season? Aang only knows how to properly fly in his Avatar form (according to his profile). And I'm pretty sure he needed his glider to do that. Link to the episode, please. Oh, and don't confuse him using the Air Ball as proper flight.

What stops Ed deconstructing Aang in their fight? I know Aang doesn't like close quarters combat but Ed can force it and then just use deconstruction.

Fair enough. But despite that, his mobility is kind of restricted with the staff.

By the way, Edward's range is actually better (a LOT better): Aang only has a range of a few dozen meters, while Edward with Alchemy has a range of hundreds of meters. So, flying won't really be doing him any favors, as Edward can still just attack him while he can only dodge.

@EmperorRorepme That's kind of OOC for Edward when we're talking about combat. Therefore, he won't use it. But he can negate his durability as I previously stated.

Not really. We've seen him ascend, descend, change direction, even swap to attack & go right back to flying on a dime. Plus as for grounded combat the airbenders entire fighting style revolves around dodging and evading attacks which is why he's hardly hit directly and if hit it's mostly because whatever he was trying to hit overpowered his air.

Also I've seen Edward's alchemy arsenal. A good magority of his attacks aren't too effective if someone can fly. The only things that could reach airborne Aang would be his golem (maybe through sheer height, and artillery). Almost everything else works if the person is on the ground. Note sure where hundreds of meters comes from other than tge cannon.

As for deconstruction which is where I'm assuming the durability negation is cominging from. Aang could litterally just exhale, his breath is more than enough to ragdoll fully grown men with ease regaining him distance. (P.S. - Totally not a pun on Ed's height)

Aang still gets no win con with his flight: his range is still inferior, meaning he can't hit him. And even if he did have the range to attack him, Ed's alchemy is still more flexible and his constructs are still more powerful than his air bending and water bending, both of which thanks to added distance between them due to Aang's flight, he will respond and defend from them no problem.

Also, can he respond to something unexpected such as a hand coming out of the ground or a wall when in the ground? He won't see it coming, and Ed will resort to it if he must.

And that's assuming he knows Ed can negate durability, but he won't. Hell, when he realizes Edward can't physically hurt him, he probably won't consider that option and will be caught completely off guard by it.

Also, he can negate his durability in 2 ways: Deconstruction and elemental transmutation. Considering Aang has never displayed resistance to Transmutation, it'll work.

And lastly, I take what I said about Deconstruction being OOC: it's IC, but he doesn't lead with it and he occasionally uses it after learning it from Scar.

Considering Edward has fought people who can OHK, his fighting style is more fitted for characters whether stronger than him or more haxxed. If he can tank both Air and Water Bending with his constructs, he'll use that advantage on his favor.

Plus two types of Dura Negation, better mobility, a more aggresive fighting style, range to keep Aang at bay if needed and stronger powers is a better arsenal than a glider that could be destroyed or deconstructed if Ed gets the chance.

BTW, the difference is about 22x between their bases right? So yes, Aang would one-shot even physically, but I don't remember him throwing a punch in Season 1. In fact, he rarely goes to CQC, so he wouldn't capitalize on that even knowing the difference.

Back