• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Katsuki Bakugou vs. Edward Elric (Battle of the Blonde, Explosive Youths) (One Vote Remains)

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
It annoyed Bakugou to no end that he was one of the chosen few to enter a local regional tournament to represent UA, especially since his childhood friend Deku was off doing actual hero work while he was stuck here doing something extremely trivial. So much so, that he was broiling mad by the time he entered the ring, and his opponent did the same. And it was when he noticed who he was fighting that sent him over the edge, a young punk in a red cloak. He roared about having to fight some small runt when he could be doing something meaningful, which sent his opponent into a fit of rage of his own. Suddenly the ground glowed below his feet, and he leaped out of the way before a large spike launched out from under him. Seeing the kid with his hands on the ground, and figuring that was his Quirk, a small grin appeared on Bakugou's face, seeing that he maybe it wouldn't be a waste of time for him. Small explosions began to light in his hands, and the two hotheads prepare for a fight like nothing else.

In the blue corner, we have Katsuki Bakugou from My Hero Academia, and in the red corner, we have Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Edward elric render by shirogane ken-d8ngdwr
My Hero 3rd Season Bakugo
-This is a fight to the death or incapacitation. No holds barred.
-Neither character are aware of each other beforehand, and there is no prep time.

-Neither character are allowed any outside help.

-This fight takes place in the World Tournament Arena from Dragon Ball, giving both an even playing field.

-Rise of Villains Saga Bakugou was used.

-Speed is not equalized.

With all this being said, let the debate begin!

Explosive Kid: 0

Really Explosive Kid: 6 (TheRustyOne, Sora and buff riku, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, Kingofwolves999, Insert creative name here 12, CaptainSparkz)

Everyone Explodes: 0

Well, the speed difference isn't that massive, Mach 3.3 to Mach 5.76. Problem for Edward is that his AP is baseline 2 Tons with alchemy attacks and has 9-B dura/AP. Which means Bakugou only needs one hit to kill while Edward needs a lot more.

He can kill by using Scar's style of alchemy though since I notice you have it has a no holds barred fight to the death. But Edward touching Bakugou without getting a explosion to the face is unlikely.

Though Edward's dura will be upgraded to 8-C soon so this is going to be outdated. For right now Bakugou wins more times than Edward can.

Bakugo is much higher than Mach 3.3, and is closer to baseline Hypersonic than anything, so the speed difference really doesn't exist.

I agree, Bakugo's method of fighting would make it nearly impossible for Edward to not get hit by a couple explosions, especially if Bakugo uses his abilities like stun grenade or Armor Piercing shot. Even with Ed's upgrade to 8-c, he's still 5.5 times weaker than Bakugo's AP.

Going Bakugo

Will comment on this later, but once Edward gets his durability and AP bumped to 8-C then he should take this, and if the feat I'm thinking of yields good results then he'll have an even better advantage with his Alchemy.

But for given the stats of the profiles Bakugo should take this more often than not.

Would being bumped up a bit really give him the edge? He'd still be at a huge stat disadvantage, not even counting Bakugo's numerous amps.

Most likely considering Edward is the much better fighter and much more tactical than Bakugo is, and has experience in dealing with expolsion users and has ways to trick them. He'd also have durability negation that he'd be willing to use in a case like this. His main shtick is forming multiple tactics and traps to use, and he can even manipulate the substance that Bakugo uses to create expulsions if he catches on quickly enough.

Edward is a pretty versatile and tactical character, and most of his fights have been against those who are physically stronger than Edward.

He'd have to make contact with Bakugo to neg his durability though, which would be near impossible given Bakugo's mobility, psuedo flight, blinds and speed amps. I don't know much about Edward personally, so I can't attest to his fighting or tactical experience, but Bakugo is very strategic while fighting as well. He won't just ignore Edward setting up a trap around him, he'd be watching his every move as soon as he sees his ability. I don't think manipulating his sweat would help much? Bakugo tanks his own explosions every time he uses them.

Bakugo is quite versatile as well. If he blinds Edward and uses his AP amps or piercing moves, he's going to be borderline Ko'ing him with minimal effort, and most of his attacks are spammable from range. With that upgrade, Bakugo would be over 5x Edwards durability with his casual explosions, that difference jump is massive.

I wouldn't say impossible but it'll definitely be difficult for Edward to land, but given the way he can use his Alchemy ( Which 8-C contrstucts ) for extra mobility, can create guns and canons to aid him, use Alchemy walls to restrain him, etc. Bakugo isn't a grunt but in comparison his battle comprehension compared to Edwards's is childs-play. He doesn't need to do that, he can simply change it into water or manipulate in different ways.

A 5x is neat, and it's definitely gonna help out Bakugo a lot, but Edward can negate that given that his Alchemy attacks have High 8-C durability so after taking a few hits Edward would keep his distance and try not to get hit by using Alchemy to take the blows.

I'll agree on him being able to control Bakugo's mobility with his constructs, but his alchemy is calced at 2 tons right? Even Bakugo's normal explosions would break any attempts to restrain or block him, and if he gets really annoyed, his serious explosions would destroy anything remotely near him.

Wouldn't he need contact with his sweat to manipulate it? Bakugo ignites his sweat and it goes away to be replaced, so I don't really know how Edward can get a hand on some of it without touching Bakugo, at which point he's killed him already.

Over 5x is almost one shot territory, neat is kinda a downplay. And again, Bakugo's explosions are actually stronger than his constructs, so he can destroy them too. Idk how well a few hits would do Edward. Bakugo can pierce Edward's attempts to block him with his AP shot, or break everything while simultaneously hitting Edward with his gauntlets or howitzer impact.

Yeah High 8-C but it's still above by Bakugo's AP so breaking them won't be easy for Bakugo to accomplish, I'd reckon he'd need a few explosions to break them, but then again Edward can always reconstruct them again after they break.

He needs to be in direct contact but Edward can set up a multitude of traps to actually catch Bakugo and make sure he doesn't have access to his hands or palms, given Edwards's insane knowledge and tactical skill I'd say that would be easy for him to set up.

I wouldn't say that me referring something as neat doesn't mean I'm downplaying, it's not enough to kill him but its pretty good for Bakugo. ( or rather i should say once Edward gets bumped to 8-C since with 9-B durability he's getting splattered ) I'd also give the stamina and endurance advantage to Edward, as a child Edward was able to perform Alchemy while missing a leg and an arm. Edward can eat damage like it's nothing. Also assuming this Edward at his strongest he'd also have 7-C Durability for his automail arm. Bakugo isn't piercing Edwards's Constructs easily.

High 8-C isn't above Bakugo's AP? He's 3.19 tons, higher with amps and durability, he absolutely can destroy Edward's alchemy constructs.

What trap from Edward will even guarantee he can touch him? If Bakugo just blows up everything around him, he'd force Edward back while also getting rid of his traps. Bakugo doesn't need his palms to self detonate his gauntlets on top of himself, which will free him and hurt Edward. He can tank the explosion, and now will be even warier of Edward to not let him touch him.

Bakugo has incredible pain tolerance feats as well, and in this fight, is capable of eating a lot more damage than Edward for a longer time. Low 7-C Dura for a specific part of his body isn't the most useful against an enemy that utilizes tons of aoe, and due to the nature of Bakugo's quirk, yes, he should be able to pierce Edwards's constructs.

This is why Bakugo's profile is absolutely trash.

For some reason, two completely different versions of Bakugo are in the same key. 8-C comes from the provisional license arc, and high 8-c comes from MONTHS later.

We're working on cleaning his profile up currently, but the "up to high 8-C" is his actual rating currently, not a range for how strong he is.

Ah totally understand that feeling mate but thanks for the information!

I'm curious as to why Edward is fighting a High 8-C when he himself isn't High 8-C without the usage of Alchemy. And Bakugo's degree of High 8-C is also higher than Edward's Alchemy, this would be a much closer match if the 8-C keys were used instead. Especially at the moment given Edwards's 9-B AP and durability ( soon to be 8-C )

Edit: Also I feel like Kimblee or Roy would be a better matchup against Bakugo lol

I was accounting for Edward's approximately 2X speed advantage over Bakugou to help even things out a bit.

Hence, I left it speed unequalized.

Nah, that much of a speed advantage is irrelevant a 2x advantage is pretty small but Bakugo has his own amps to compensate. I think just making this BoS Bakugo and 8-C Edward would be the best for other fighters.

Back