• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

1-A The Spectre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the problem is that it would create a lot of inconsistencies with the Spectre's other portrayals.

One feat i'm surprised didn't surface : Spectre effortlessly pwned Lord Shzam , who had the Rock of Eternity, which connected to every spatio-temporal dimension in DC .

Shazam is definitely not High 1-B.

LORD Shazam. Completely different version. Wizard Shazam, who is usually connected to the Rock o Eternity , gave it to Shazam in an AU . Wizard Shazam constantly stalemates Spectre ( Who was connected to the Rock of Eternity ) . That's why i count it as "2" portrayals of High 1-B

Yes, but the wizard Shazam has still not ever been presented as anywhere near tier High 1-B.

Scans :

[ The Rock of Eternity exists in every possible Dimension ] : https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...ternity+Exists+In+All+Possible+Dimensions.jpg

&

[
Wizard Shazam was always one with the Rock of Eternity , and now Lord Shazam is ] https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-...Lord+Marvel+%3D+Shazam+%2B+Captain+Marvel.jpg

This is actually pretty important because a lot of people scale to Wizard Shazam , and that includes the Spectre . I'm not saying this because i agree with High 1-B spectre , or 1-A spectre... I'm just saying his feats are all over the place.

Shazam has never been presented as an infinite-dimensional entity, just as an immortal Wizard who borrows the power of various deities, and sometimes as a lord of order.

I understand... But Wizard has been shown to even fight on par with various powerful entities in the past, such as Fate , Spectre, etc . However... If he is just what you imply he is... Would the scans above be considered an outlier then ?

Spectre fused with God in that scan. It doesn't make him 1-A normally.

Rock of Eternity exists in every universe simultaneously. That's 2-A at best.

He did put up a fight against Michael Demiurgos though, but that was long before the latter was upgraded to 1-A.

I see. Well, we can close this, then, unless making a key for "Unbound Spectre", which I believe is the one they had of him that fought Michael and the one that merged with God, being 1-A.

What do you think Matthew? He is supposed to be an archangel.

His page also says that "this was Unbound Spectre, a much more powerful version of Spectre". Which, if we already acknowledge that Unbound Spectre is a more powerful version, why not just make the key and add him?

Emperor Joker was stated to be a threat to all of creation by Spectre... Secondly, Emperor Joker showed feats above Mxy (Owning Phantom Stranger effortless , who also is a threat to all of creation ... Which is weird . He has quite a few Higher ends. There are also indications of 5-D Imps having much higher ends, so him being defeated by one isn't lowbakling him.

Remember 1% of Mxy's power is High 2-A being ( Batmite ) , supported by Emperor Joker's timeline. I'll look up grander feats for them, but he definitely has a lot greater feats than we give credit for. There was even a time where the 5th Dimensional Inps were going to transcend to the 6th Dimension to avoid Trans. So yeah..

Emperor Joker being above High 2-A ain't a thing, plain and simple.

Ya don't really have much reason to bring it up if you won't argue for it.

I brought it up because honestly I just want to inform people that they tend to vary from being 5-D at times. It wasn't because I want an upgrade . I wouldn't mind Spectre having a varied tier though. He has a lot of variation from time to time.

Well, the Spectre at his peak is usually probably treated as 2-A, given that he stalemated the Anti-Monitor, beat the Lords of Order, and was outmatched by Emperor Joker and another 5-D imp in "Crisis Times Five".

However, he does have two instances that could be interpreted as 1-A, although fighting Michael was before the latter's massive upgrades in the Lucifer comicbook.

It depends on what Matthew thinks.

DeMatteis' replies to fan questions are not counted, only the stories themselves are, and he is not in charge of DC Comics' official policies.

The Great Evil Beast completely outmatched the Spectre as far as I remember.

We still have regulations against using unofficial Twitter replies as evidence, especially if the creator in question has no control over the official standards of a franchise.

Perhaps he could be given an At least High 1-B tier with a note of that only being his highest peak, if he demonstrates High 1-B feats, was able to affect Michael (Destiny was able to do similar vs Lucifer) and is easily stomped by 1-A characters.

The Spectre was able to cause Michael to exert himself.

Maybe a Possibly 1-A tier then? It sounds like he qualifies for a very low end 1-A tier, and that's the closest thing to that that there is.

Maybe, maybe not. As I mentioned, we would have to give him a very variable tier, and it depends on what Matthew thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back