• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zoro's Enemy Showdown pt2: Sanji vs Daz Bonez

In the previous match, Kuma easily ripped the snowgirl apart. The Baratie's gentleman-butler went into great rage at the sight of a lady in pain; but when going after the attacker, Sanji found himself held back by someone who also wanted the head of the former Shichibukai, who had previously defeated his greatest enemy. Sanji despises Daz for finding Zoro respectable and resolves to beat him up to show his superiority over the "seaweed head" swordsman.

We now have a duel between the one who despises the strength of his rival; and the one who recognizes it: Sanji vs Daz Bonez.

The starting distance is 5 meters; the battle will take place inside the Baratie; both have prior knowledge; both at they last key with speed equalized.

Sanji: 1 (Kachon123)

Daz Bonez: 5 (Emi, SnookB, Magmag, Nierre, Popted12)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
If speed isn't equalized then this should be a stomp for sanji.
If equalized daz bones could probably work around sanjis style.

Yes, but DJ would increase Sanji's attack speed.
It would increase his speed but daz could maintain defense and parry all of Sanjis attacks until Sanji gets exhausted. Also Sanji doesn’t wanna get to close or he’ll get cut.

Sanji wins with superior skill, acrobatics, unpredictable style, analytical fighting style, pain tolerance, speed amps, ap amps, and durability negation.

Gonna vote Mr. 1 here: First of unlike Sanji he doesn't need to maintain DJ to have a Low 7-B AP rating giving him the advantage in the stamina consumption.

Sanji also won't have the advantage he had against Jabra where Diable Jambe scaled far above his durability and bypassed Jabra's durability via heat as Mr. 1's regular durability scales to Sanji's DJ rating & Mr. 1 has heat resistance from Impel Down.

Sanji could also potentially suffer from damaging himself by attacking him as those with steel bodies (Mr.1, Kuma, Pacifista etc) don't just resist sword attacks but also blunt force to an extent, we saw this against Kuma and the Pacifista where Sanji's leg got hurt from attacking them due to their steel bodies. Mr.1's fighting style is also a lot more lethal than Sanji's allowing him to do serious damage far more easier.

Sanji does have the speed advantage due to DJ but it's not an insane increase nor will it be crazy viable due to him still needing to make physical contact with Mr.1's body which is a pretty versatile fruit that can turn any part of his body into a blade that starts spinning, meaning if Sanji went to attack he would likely get cut just in the attempt. Mr. 1 also has the range advantage with his air blades which have pretty good AOE giving him that advantage as well.

Sanji wins with superior skill, acrobatics, unpredictable style, analytical fighting style, pain tolerance, speed amps, ap amps, and durability negation.
There’s knowledge so daz bones will know what to watch out for, either a stalemate or daz.

There’s knowledge so daz bones will know what to watch out for, either a stalemate or daz.
Just because you know he fights with kicks, that doesn't mean you know how to deal with his style.

Bon Clay fought with kicks as well, and should know how fighters similar to him would fight, but Sanji still prevailed. Sanji's style is just like that.

Sanji loses his leg kicking Daz Bones. Zoro stayed intact during clashes mostly because he uses swords, but punching or kicking a blade is far more different.
Although Sanji would kick the flat side of the blade whenever he attacks because he isn't dumb enough, Mr 1 can turn his blades into drills via spinning and Sanji would have zero chance of actually clashing with him or attempting to block, unless he wants to get his legs/feet shredded.
He's ridiculously lethal against a character who relies mostly on his feet (or just body overall) to fight. He was also blocking and out-manuevering Zoro on several occasions, and the latter shouldn't be inferior to Sanji in terms of combat skill imo.
Voting Mr. 1

Sanji loses his leg kicking Daz Bones. Zoro stayed intact during clashes mostly because he uses swords, but punching or kicking a blade is far more different.
Although Sanji would kick the flat side of the blade whenever he attacks because he isn't dumb enough, Mr 1 can turn his blades into drills via spinning and Sanji would have zero chance of actually clashing with him or attempting to block, unless he wants to get his legs/feet shredded.
He's ridiculously lethal against a character who relies mostly on his feet (or just body overall) to fight. He was also blocking and out-manuevering Zoro on several occasions, and the latter shouldn't be inferior to Sanji in terms of combat skill imo.
Voting Mr. 1
Sanji isn't an idiot. He can easily counter like he did when he fought Wanze

Just because you know he fights with kicks, that doesn't mean you know how to deal with his style.

Bon Clay fought with kicks as well, and should know how fighters similar to him would fight, but Sanji still prevailed. Sanji's style is just like that.
As I mentioned earlier daz just stays on defense till Sanji is exhausted making this either a stalemate via Sanji defending or daz winning cuz Sanji loses a leg in the process.

As I mentioned earlier daz just stays on defense till Sanji is exhausted making this either a stalemate via Sanji defending or daz winning cuz Sanji loses a leg in the process.
Why would Sanji rush in when he would just get cut? Stop underestimating him. Daz would definitely try to attack Sanji, and when he does that Sanji can, and will capitalize on that.

It would increase his speed but daz could maintain defense and parry all of Sanjis attacks until Sanji gets exhausted. Also Sanji doesn’t wanna get to close or he’ll get cut.
Yes, but with speed advantage Daz would take a lot more hits. Sanji can fight even with broken bones, I don't remember Daz having a slashing "passive aura" or anything like that.

Yes, but with speed advantage Daz would take a lot more hits. Sanji can fight even with broken bones, I don't remember Daz having a slashing "passive aura" or anything like that.
Ur acting as if the speed advantage is a kaio-ken multiplier, he just gets a little upgrade. Daz wouldn’t take more hits cuz sanji’s direct weakness is sharp objects in this circumstance. Daz don’t need anything besides his sharpness to beat sanji.

Daz would definitely try to attack Sanji, and when he does that Sanji can, and will capitalize on that.
ur creating ur own headcanon on how the fight would play out. Daz has no reason, and I mean NO reason to give away his own advantage which would be defense. Sanji is an offensive man so Sanji would be the one starting anything.

Yeah Daz takes this rather easily.

Sanji can't possibly get around Daz's ability and consistently output enough damage to take him down.

well i honeslty did not excepted this, i tought thst Diable Jambe would be effective against him, but since it doesn't

Mr 1 FRA

Ur acting as if the speed advantage is a kaio-ken multiplier, he just gets a little upgrade.
I didn't say Sanji would overpower him, but hit more; Daz wouldn't have the haki or analytical precog to fully anticipate someone who mixes multiple arts and is faster than him with just theoretical knowledge of his fighting style.

Daz don’t need anything besides his sharpness to beat sanji.
I'll assume this is a vote.

I didn't say Sanji would overpower him, but hit more; Daz wouldn't have the haki or analytical precog to fully anticipate someone who mixes multiple arts and is faster than him with just theoretical knowledge of his fighting style.
same could be said for sanji but theres like no way he can work around daz jones DF without something sharp himself.
I'll assume this is a vote.
yep.

Thing is, Diable Jambe would make a difference if it weren't for the fact that he'd need to make contact with Daz Bonez.
We don't know how much faster it makes him, but it wasn't fast enough to BLITZ Jabra during their fight, so Daz Bonez would still be able to see and react to him- and all he has to do is block with his drill arms. What's Sanji's foot gonna do then, other than get turned to shreds?
There's legitemately very little he could do in this fight. Can't even use knives to meet blades with blades like he did with Wanze because Daz Bonez isn't food- Sanji's not taking this via ko, and Daz Bonez wouldn't be generous enough for it to be a stalemate. (The guy was tearing Zoro apart every chance he got)

I swear I remember Daz being stated immune inverse... Might have been to only cutting and piercing

Okay, in that case, I think Daz Bones is more likely to win. Sanji can win if he can land one or two Diable Jambe kicks but IMO he would get sliced up more often than not
yeah, the only question here is if sanji has a wincon which is diable jambe but i more so think even dialbe jambe on offense will be sanjis downfall.

Back