• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This one is pretty close. Both can take a lot of punishment but I think Kenpachi is better in that regard. In addition, he has durability negation, but I don't think he can consistently put out durability negating slashes, unless something would have been said of that in the manga. Zoro has precognition and utilizes three swords which should come in handy against Kenpachi since they both prefer close combat and he has range in his favor in case things get too hairy in close combat. Kenpachi is not likely to use his flight advantage at all. He has Kendo for extra power, but Zoro has Asura or something for that regard too. I'm having trouble believing Zoro's superior range alone would be enough for him to win but I also don't think Kenpachi can dispatch of Zoro with normal slashes either. His durability negating slash might not work in his favor since Zoro will get a brief premonition and react to it accordingly.

I'm inconclusive for now.

How fast is Zoro exactly? That could change things.

Zoro wins via Speed blitz, you Sould equalised speed to make things more interesting.

Also I'm making a thread that concerns the speed feats of Black Clover, how are they revilistic and FTL. I literally shaking my head I read the manga but there noware near FTL.

^don't derail

Also, Zoro wins with speed equalized. 3 to 9 swords are better than one and offer more options in combat for both offense and defence, and unlike Kenpachi, Zoro can fight from any distance, while Kenpachi is strictly melee. Zoro also has the advantage of being able to see his opponent with his mind's eye via Kenbunshoku haki.

Kenpachi is very straight-forward. He's a juggernaut and hardly anything else with how he employs his attacks and "defense". He will get bloodthirsty, and Zoro will be capable of off-balancing him with his variety of sword techniques like Tatsumaki.

If it's speed equalized, I'm going with Kenpachi here due to superior high end AP and Durability. And he can take off his eye patch here since eye patch less Shikai > Shikai with eye patch on.

As it stands my vote goes to Zoro for reasons above. Also Zoro is faster, has better range and much more refined technique. Although to be fair not sure Kenpachi has higher durability, so not sure how Zoro would put him down.

alright let's compare the meteors one was calced at 40 teratons (bleach) the other 37.5 teratons (one piece). alright not to big of a difference (both still small country+). Then you add that kenpachi is way way stronger making country level. Yet zoro is weaker then the calc making small country. So this comes down to vastly superior ap and durabilty vs enough to blizts speed. which is inconclusive and preco makes it so kenpachi won't hit. Also I dought zoro would end the fight Immediately giving kenpachi time to take this seriously.

@Huesito - what are you talking about...? the meteorite from Kenpachi's feat is 5 Teratons. His Shikai is Low 6-B... not 6-B.

If the 40 Teraton version was accepted, then that's strange why Kenpachi is just Low 6-B.

Huesito88 said:
alright let's compare the meteors one was calced at 40 teratons (bleach) the other 37.5 teratons (one piece). alright not to big of a difference (both still small country+). Then you add that kenpachi is way way stronger making country level. Yet zoro is weaker then the calc making small country. So this comes down to vastly superior ap and durabilty vs enough to blizts speed. which is inconclusive and preco makes it so kenpachi won't hit. Also I dought zoro would end the fight Immediately giving kenpachi time to take this seriously.
Even if kenpachi gets serious theirs still now way he hits zoro. Not too mention kenpachi is predictable. I think "inconclusive" is actually pretty sound regarding the topic.

@CinCameron20

Kenpachi never had any problems with characters that could use ranged attacks, and he's not strictly melee range.

Also having more swords doesn't really increase your chances of victory. Nnoitra had 6 longer swords in 6 arms as well as a range advantage with Ceros. Didn't stop Kenpachi from killing him.

And Kenpachi has better endurance than Zoro and more experience in combat. Voting Kenpachi.

Looking at it says kenpachi small country level likely way higher, country level was stronger then gerard, but only with shika.

For Zoro. Speed is not equalized. Experience counts for a lot, especially when having hundreds of years of preparation, you lose 15 year old child

Zoro has the requirements to beat Kenpachi. It's just his insane endurance that's the problem. Also, I think Nnoitra didn't really use his range advantage much, just his longer reach. How many times did he use Cero?

Kenpachi win he can negate durability and he his slightly stronger than Zoro but he depend which kenpachi form or Zoro form you use. I take Kenpachi and zoro at their strongest.

But zoro's speed on his profile clearly says "at most" MHS+, whereas with Kenpachi it's not the case

Speed equalized or unequalised I reckon kenpachi should take this mid diff.

Erm, it doesn't matter. Kenpachi is Mach 1200+ and Zoro is Mach is Mach 3300+. That's almost 3 times faster than Kenpachi.

Anyway, Zoro is likely getting downgraded.

One pice verse upgrade would cancel so it's became a stomp thread.

And Zoro couldn't have more than 6-C tier he couldn't be stronger than his captain.

Takanome shanks said:
One pice verse upgrade would cancel so it's became a stomp thread.
And Zoro couldn't have more than 6-C tier he couldn't be stronger than his captain.
More like equals tbh. Zoro has yet to show his Asura form in the series so can't judge for now.

Well OP speed may be getting downgraded again in which case Kenpachi would blitz. Either way I believe it would be best to have speed equalised.

Cin kenpachi is 6-B why are you saying it's a stomp if zoro gets 7-A. Kenpachi is country level for being superior to Gerard. Never mind

@Huesito - it's a stomp if 6-B is against 7-A... but since apparently 7-A Kenpachi is now being used, it's up for debate again.

Im going with kenpachi due to more endurance and experience (yes, the guy as a kid could beat a veteran aka unohana, and that was loooong before this).

I'm not sure but does that necessarily mean he has more skill? Like, for example Ichigo beats or stalemates people like Byakuya, Kenpachi himself and others and he's stronger than people like Urahara, Suì-Fēng and Ishida. But does that mean Ichigo is better skilled than them?

@PaChi - being ruthless and powerful =/= skill. And comparing Unohana and Zoro is not acceptable considering how both are from completely different verses.

Ichigo defeated Kenpachi, does that make Ichigo more skilled than him?

In terms of sword skill, I'd definitely give it to zoro, and in all honesty this is the kinda matchup that zoro does excel in - outlasting the opponent.if its 7A versions and speed equalised, I'd say its either stalemate or zoro might just win by a very close margin.

Back