• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ichigo only speedblitzes or overpowers: 0 skill.

@Cin Im not comparing Unohana to zoro, I just said that Kid-pachi was capable of beating a supposedly Prime Unohana who was praised for being the strongest swords(wo)man in Soul Society.

If kidpachi can take on an experienced Captain, Zoro's skill shouldnt be a problem. Let me edit my previous comment, I meant experience, not "skill" per se.

As for me, I'm still inclined to go for inconclusive. Kenpachi casually cut his arm off just because he wanted to have another go at Pernida. Zoro is going to have absurd difficulty putting him down. But Unohana was almost killing Kenpachi with normal sword slashes (though I've forgotten if she hit him somewhere vital). It's true that Kenpachi fights against people with better range, but opponents differ so it doesn't necessarily mean he'll have no particular problem against someone with better range. Nnoitra didn't really bother using his range advantage, he just fired a Cero and Kenpachi crushed it or backhanded it (can't remember) and he was getting worked up and reckless throughout the course of the fight. I think against Byakuya, he was repeatedly trying to get hits in, but Byakuya was sidestepping and using Senbonzakura from a distance to get hits in. If Kenpachi was fighting against someone like Starkk for example, who has no issue spamming Cero, he would lose. Zoro apparently uses nine swords (I thought it was three?), has better range, clairvoyance and precognition so he will be getting more hits in than Kenpachi but the problem is putting him down.

@PaChi - Unohana full on stated that Kenpachi during their final duel was weaker and less impressive than his child-counterpart. Kenpachi barely put up a fight against Unohana (who kept healing him to prevent him from dying every moment of their fight), who struggled heavily in fighting him as a child.

@Burning - Zoro uses 3 normally, but when he is having an extremely tough time, he is inclined to go all out. in his bout against Kaku, he was losing, so he triggered his ability to multiply his body parts, and thus, his swords. It is suggested to be an illusion, however that is not the case as it has physical presence. He has yet to use the ability post time-skip, but here is an image of what he looks like in Asura

CinCameron20 said:
@PaChi - Unohana full on stated that Kenpachi during their final duel was weaker and less impressive than his child-counterpart. Kenpachi barely put up a fight against Unohana (who kept healing him to prevent him from dying every moment of their fight), who struggled heavily in fighting him as a child.
Iirc, this is post-Unohana kenpachi, who should have recovered all his previous powah.

@Burning - he is still using the Sandai Kitetsu, yes.

Well, now their speeds are pretty close now... Kenpachi being around Mach 1,050 and Zoro around 940. But Zoro has more weapons >:D

Nnoitra losing in the fight that was presented was such PIS. Might as well have shown Kenpachi one shot him from the very start, rather than show Nnoitra inflict fatal damage to him in order to make Kenpachi look bad-ass.

Tbh, Zoro vs Mr1 had that same feeling for me. The guy got oneshoted by an almost dead zoro. Also, remember that Kenpachi enjoys fighting so he tends to let his opps damage him and doesnt go full power right off the bat.

@PaChi2 - in Zoro vs Das Bonez, Zoro was clearly a more refined fighter. The problem was that he was incapable of dealing damage to him due to the inability to cut steel. He also lacked the ability to see things with an open mind. He kept thinking that slashing harder and harder would amount to something, but he nearly lost because of that. The fight was more "character development" on his part.

Meanwhile, Kenpachi had the ability to end the fight by the time he "got the rust off of his blade" very early on, but he continuously held himself back: Eyepatch, one-handed swings, and having no desire to avoid his opponent's attacks.

If that's the case for this fight, Zoro is more likely to win, since Kenpachi would be more focused on enjoying the thrill of the fight, while Zoro intends to win, as his goal demands that he surpasses Mihawk. He refuses to lose until he beats Mihawk. Kenpachi just wants to savor the fights he has, unless his opponent is weak.

So basically my personal summary is:

Zoro Advantages:

More swords

Better sword skill

Kenpachi Advantages:

Slight speed advantage

Vast experience advantage

Their pain tolerances seem roughly similar, which is why all in all I still think it's a stalemate.

Kenpachi does have a habit of holding back against his opponents...I don't think Zoro is willing to do the same though he does claim that Pica wasn't much of a challenge for him.

At the same time you can argue Kenpachi has greater killing intent and wouldn't hesitate to kill, snce hes been doing it since he was a kid even, he's definitely more ruthless.

They both have strong killing intent, but it is a matter of who has the means to win, if we assume both are blood-lusted from the get-go. I say Zoro due to having some adept level of haki and more weapons, and literal arms at his disposal. He also has more variety with his attacks, due to ranged slashes, and being able to create bladed-tornadoes that chase after the enemy.

The speed difference is a bitch, but the difference in power is too high for Zoro to do anything about. In one hand, Zoro is Mountain+, in the other, Kenpachi is Country+.

Pretty sure this was made whenever OP profiles were a mess. Basically everyone was country level so this was made when Zoro was country level. Someone needs needs to close this

@King Raita and Knightofannihilation - After Zoro was downgraded, it is clear that these are the 7-A versions. Look at the OP before making a vote.

CinCameron20 said:
@King Raita and Knightofannihilation - After Zoro was downgraded, it is clear that these are the 7-A versions. Look at the OP before making a vote.

sorry My bad i thought i only saw town level, low 6-B and 6-B on Kens profile. But then again i probably didn't see it because its 3 am here lol

Back