• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Shouldn't Zoro have Superhuman/supernatural luck added to his profile? it is already mentioned he could over come curses by luck alone, which implies he could survive similar level dangerous circumstances without interference of the curse to begin with.

Going by that, Luffy has way more feats of surviving with little to no chances of doing so. Zoro displayed a luck able to overcome a curse, but considering we are listing that as Resistance I'm not sure.

For the record, I agree with Supernatural Luck for both of them, but I think that the people who disagree has the misconception that every power should be combat applicable and that's their base argument to disagree. This isn't the case.

They, especially Luffy, are able to survive or get things that average people wouldn't be able to do in life. Can't post scans right now, but these are the cases: Ivankov's treatment had a 2 or 3% chance of surviving. Hawkins stated that it didn't matter how many times he would watch Luffy's fate, his rate of survival was never 0%.

"That's a common thing in anime" don't bring BS arguments like Lucy (FT) being saved more than once to disprove it. This argument was used, and it's really fallacious. Things like Rage Power or Reactive Power Level are powers after all, and some characters have those powers even when they are part of the Shonen demography's common tropes.

I don't think that we can list supernatural luck for characters that have not had it stated to be an actual power, rather than a plot convenience.

'Limited Resistance towards Curses via luck' for Zoro (Able to overcome curses from his sword with luck)

'Supernatural Luck' or an incredibly limited probability manipulation (Hawkins attempted at all times to see what were the survival rates for Luffy and it never went to 0, never once, survived Ivankov's medicine when he only had 2 to 3 percent of chances at living.)

That's my propose for the time being at least.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here then?

The thread was about adding the supernatural luck which he overtly states he has. Resistance isn't even the right word since his luck trumps the misfortune of the curse

I'm not sure what is specifically limited about it, because it isn't exclusive to countering curses in any way that is conveyed by the source material

I guess. It's only needed to add Supernatural Luck like I did on the previous post to the already added explanation.

and before someone ask, no, Law shouldn't have Super Luck because of this thread. Zoro was directly stated to overcome the sword's curse with luck alone. Law has no similar implications, but he still resist the curse whatsoever.

I suppose that Calaca's solution seems fine to add, yes.

Back