• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zoro and the "Breath of all things"

This is referencing the past revealation of Ryou(Haki) and Goken(The advanced application of armament haki) and the breath of all things. And I do not have all the information as of yet but wanted to get the post started. Do note goken is NOT what zoro uses as others probably already know but he has shown signs of haki as stated on the profile.

First and foremost however zoro pre-timeskip should a near-death experience or brink of death seperation from normal zoro

While on the brink of death zoro has shown to have inept observation haki. Aura Sensing as he was able to sense just the aura of his sword under several debris and Precognition as he knew exactly where all the falling rocks were going to fall in his fight with Mr. 1.

He should maintain Inept armament haki(which is on his profile) however it shouldn't be just via one skill but due to being on the brink of death/pushed near the edge etc. He had the concept of ryou to where he didn't cut a plant but could cut mr.1's steel, it wasn't the technique that allowed this(As he never used shishi on the plant in the first place) but his state of being pushed to the extreme. Secondly to further support this, when he used the same shishi technique vs kaku he didn't cut as if it were steel because he wasn't on the brink of death to understand the reason for why it worked on mr. 1. He even questions why it didn't work on kaku.

I also thought ashura was brought from being pushed to the extreme however he barely took any injury from kaku if any and was just annoyed by kaku but he did ashura with normal state of mind so that definitely is it's own thing but "Breath of all things" led to zoro gaining inept observation and armament haki.

Lastly zoro being pushed to the brink vs kuma is what allowed him to dodge his paw cannon, laser, and properly use shishi on kuma. Zoro while in this near death experience state of mind is what bumped his performance in these scenarios and it's incorrect saying it's just a technique which allowed it.

It didn't work on Kaku because he deliberatedly clashed with Zoro instead of tanking the slash.

I don't know if just clashing alone would be enough for him to stop it if it were a haki imbued slash. Then again luffy did break steel long before that with just his fist so I guess it makes sense... I still believe that it's a state of mind rather than just a technique though.

It's really weird that Zoro was able to use Haki even when on a weakened state. He was sure that he could cut Kaku's "steel" body and it was explained that he couldn't because of Kaku not using Tekkai while Zoro was sure he could if Kaku were to use it.

Oh right I forgot about the world government techniques I was actually bothered why he even used it in the first place. So it probably is the technique only he gets armament on, albeit I still feel the inept observation haki should be added as he has shown sending position and precognition of where the rocks were falling explicitly. I myself made the assumption due to him being on the brink he also had it for aim dodging several of kuma's attacks but for sending the energy of his lost weapons and precognition of the rocks are very explicit. That said Im still conflicted about only giving him armament haki on the technique instead of inept armament haki during a mental state.

I think his Inept Haki should be updated as well with Observation too.

I just think that being half dead is a plus, seeing as how Haki gets enhanced in stressful situations.

@The Calaca, sorry to bother you but could you also look over my advanced armament thread? It's under kizaru, sentomaru, and big mom. Sadly I couldn't add the other two admirals to the tags as well.

Back