• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 1 Match 2. Ethan Winters vs Nemesis

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Headless Man : 10
Mediocre Killer : 0
Incon : 0

Anything above 9-B is restricted
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Raccoon City Police Station, 24 meters apart
Nemesis doesn't have his zombies yet

Oh and in case you're wondering, Immortality, Summoning, Technology Manip, Statistic Reduction, and Disease Manip are not directly combat applicable

Story below

Ethan arrived at the police station, looking for ammo and resources. There was something off with this place, with generators and bone totems littering what was supposed to be a police station. Upon arriving at the second floor however, he came across a meat hook with sharp black tendrils crawling towards it. The most terrifying thing about it wasn't the hook itself, but what hung from it. On it was Chris Redfield himself, one of the tendrils threatening to impale him. Before Ethan could react, the tendril jerked, stabbing the S.T.A.R.S Agent through his neck before dragging him up the ceiling.

"What is this place?!" asked the survivor before noticing the figure watching him on the floor below. It was the nemesis, rumored to be killed yet here it stood in the rotting flesh. "Stars..." it mumbled, stepping towards Ethan

Last edited:
Such coincidence that both fighters originated from RE.

So, as for DbD, does Nemesis have 4 perks or none?

Such coincidence that both fighters originated from RE.

So, as for DbD, does Nemesis have 4 perks or none?
Due to how the standard equipment section works, he has all of them. I'm still iffy about that but all his perks are in his standard equipment and the 4 perk limitation is considered game mechanics so I can't really restrict it. The combat applicable ones just give penalties via hit, stat amps, stealth, or tracking while a good portion of them are not usable so, nothing really notable as far as I remember

Wait, are you also knowledgeable in Dead by Daylight?

I played DbD for a while, yes, but I was not really invested in the lore. I believe the stealth perk is Insidius? Don't remember other that made killers more stealthy, but this perk is generally useless since it involve standing still for a while (unless it was changed); and the tracking one would be Bloodhound, isn't it? Wouldn't consider this very useful unless Ethan want to play hide-n-seek. Don't remember the one sthat induces stat penalties right now.

I played DbD for a while, yes, but I was not really invested in the lore. I believe the stealth perk is Insidius? Don't remember other that made killers more stealthy, but this perk is generally useless since it involve standing still for a while (unless it was changed); and the tracking one would be Bloodhound, isn't it? Wouldn't consider this very useful unless Ethan want to play hide-n-seek. Don't remember the one sthat induces stat penalties right now.
The combat applicable stealth perks goes as follows : Beasts of Prey (Makes them undetectable and removes their stain upon entering berserker mode which happens a while after starting combat), Trail of Torment (After kicking a generator, he becomes undetectable until attacking) and Insidious. Yeah, that's underwhelming

Combat Applicable stat reduction perks : Unnerving and Overwhelming Presence (Amplifies fear manip via terror radius to the point that people mess up doing things normal to them. In this case, Ethan would probably miss his shots or reload longer), Knock-Out and Franklin's Demise (The killer's attacks are strong enough to cause a concussion), Third Seal (Removes Extrasensory Perception on-hit), and Coulrophobia (Weakens healing and regen abilities. Perfect for someone like Ethan who can reattach limbs)

Combat Applicable stat amp perks : Unrelenting (Increases attack speed), Sloppy Butcher (Causes the killer's attack to inflict harsh bleeding wounds), NOED (The classic. Just a flat out damage and speed boost), Iron Grasp (Lifting strength boost), and Enduring (Durability Boost)

That's all the combat applicable perks I remember

Since a lot of nemesis' perks are kinda useless here, ethan should take this from his regeneration + better range High-diff

Since a lot of nemesis' perks are kinda useless here, ethan should take this from his regeneration + better range High-diff
He has healing weakening via Coulrophobia and enough fear manip to make him mess up his shots via Unnerving and Overwhelming Presence. Their range is decently long

Last edited:
The undetectable status effect only prevent the survivor for hearing the beatings in presence of the assassin, but it does not make the assassin less visible nor reduces other forms of noice, so I wouldn't consider that kind of stealth very useful hearing the beating have more implications.

Unnerving and Overwhelming Presence sounds like fear inducement, although not the kind of type that makes you run and freeze, but the one that makes people nervious, if its a supernatural fear inducement then it can actually be useful, although this didn't stop survivors from using lanterns with accuracy or other similar objects, so I doubt it will make Ethan miss shots, although it may makes him recharged guns slower. Coulrophobia's description also sounds like fear inducement rather than regen negation, once again survivors are pretty uneasy to heal efficiently, but it dsoes not really stop natural regeneration.

Unrelanting aside of having a minor effect, is little useful when your target is shooting you from distance; Sloppy Bucher isn't very useful against someone with high regeneration such Ethan. Don't think Nemesis will bother is carrying Ethan in this kind of match, and the power itself does not boost LS, but rather is left hindered by the survivors struggling; meanwhile, Enduring is more of a pain resistance/endurance boost than durability, it does not reduces the damage but it reduces the secondary effects caused by it, it is useful to be less hindered by shots and explosions if what it wants is to close the distance between Ethan and him.

He has healing weakening via Coulrophobia and enough fear manip to make him mess up his shots via Unnerving and Overwhelming Presence. They're range is decently long
would be affecting him in the start of the fight? they are 24 meters away and Etahn can just back up wille shooting

Oh, his profile said extended melee ranger, higher.

aight cool. so Nemesis' T-virus is useless since ethan can easily heal from it.

His regen could still be useful, though can be messed up from Coulrophobia

his aim can be ****** by nemesis if he gets too close.

Not sure who i wanna go with. Nemesis is basically shot down to fist fighting for his attacks, since his t-virus is useless here.

But ethan can get ****** real fast if nemesis gets close

I think ethan can maintain the battle at long distance without much problens and being outside the passive effects of the killer so I will go for ethan for now

Also, ethan has some experience fighting beings like Nemesis (most notably tall lady :troll: ), so he should be able to be able to keep composure to kill him

Yeah, so i'd give it to ethan from his experience fighting people like nemesis and that nemesis' t-virus is useless here high-diff

Hee, I wouldn't consider running from the tall mommy as having experience in meele combat, although he did fought Jack, but he need an appropiated weapon to stand in a melee battle (a chainsaw in that case).

Hee, I wouldn't consider running from the tall mommy as having experience in meele combat, although he did fought Jack, but he need an appropiated weapon to stand in a melee battle (a chainsaw in that case).
not fighting, just dealing, like staing at distance wilhe shooting

not fighting, just dealing, like staing at distance wilhe shooting
The passives are tied to the Nemesis' terror radius which spans to 32 meters. With speed equalized, he probably wouldn't be outrunning the Nemesis anytime soon. He can still outpace it though

The passives are tied to the Nemesis' terror radius which spans to 32 meters. With speed equalized, he probably wouldn't be outrunning the Nemesis anytime soon. He can still outpace it though
oh... well, staing away enough from nemessis to shoot hin down should still be duable, trough more dificult them, still voting ethan but now high dificult for him thanks to fear induciment miking him less proficient with his gun

I believe Ethan could win, even if shaken by the aura shooting Nemesis is still possible, and can keep him at bay with shotguns, mahcine guns and grenades, and even if Enemesis if virtually a tank, it does not have regeneration, so sooner or later its flesh with fall from its body and it wouldn't be in good conditions to fight back. Even if he gets close to Ethan there's no guarantee that he will quickly kill Ethan due his regeneration (I stand that Coulrophobia is just fear manip that makes survivors less efficient in healing rather than simply debuffing all forms of healing/regeneration).

I believe Ethan could win, even if shaken by the aura shooting Nemesis is still possible, and can keep him at bay with shotguns, mahcine guns and grenades, and even if Enemesis if virtually a tank, it does not have regeneration, so sooner or later its flesh with fall from its body and it wouldn't be in good conditions to fight back. Even if he gets close to Ethan there's no guarantee that he will quickly kill Ethan due his regeneration (I stand that Coulrophobia is just fear manip that makes survivors less efficient in healing rather than simply debuffing all forms of healing/regeneration).
healing and regeneration is normally considered diferent powers, regeneration being a continue passive and healing being a almost intant boost in health

Alright, grace is over, I'll be adding this now

End of story

The nemesis was just like some of the strongest enemies Ethan had faced. It was relentless in its pursuit as a tentacle in its arm flailed wildly. However unlike those enemies, it wasn't invincible. Soon damage began to show on its body and despite it, the nemesis kept pushing on until it could fight no more. Finally in the end, the monster fell and was then dragged below the floor by the sharp black tendrils from previous.

Back