• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zombie Apocalypse Tournament Round 3 Match 1. Kyle Crane vs Ethan Winters

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Headless Man : 0
Bootleg Frank West : 0
Incon : 7

Anything above 9-B is restricted
Kyle has molotovs, shrapnel grenades, a handgun, and a hunting shotgun
Fight takes place in the first village in RE8, 20 meters apart

Story below

"What was was wrong with that survivor?" thought Ethan, wandering through a familiar plain. Why was he in this village now? As he walked through what he remembered to be a way through, he found it to be blocked by a wall of fire. He could hear the faint sound of something zipping behind him and as he turned around he was met by yet another survivor. "You know, people aren't supposed to survive things like that" said Kyle, approaching the survivor. "I've never questioned that before. Now stay back" said Ethan.

"I've seen people who thought they have superpowers turn into horrendous monsters. I've seen it, I've experienced it" the runner continued, a grenade in his hand.

"And I won't let another monster be created".

Last edited:
that grappling hook is going to be a bitch for Ethan, but he does resist poison manipulation, which makes Kyle's toxin grenades useless here.

Ethan is going to be able to take a lot more damage than Kyle is though, along with his regen, thats gonna keep him in the fight for a while. im going to wait for any other input for now

that grappling hook is going to be a bitch for Ethan, but he does resist poison manipulation, which makes Kyle's toxin grenades useless here.

Ethan is going to be able to take a lot more damage than Kyle is though, along with his regen, thats gonna keep him in the fight for a while. im going to wait for now.
It's still a grenade, it still explodes. And it releases green gas to indicate where the poison is so at least it also works as a makeshift smokescreen

Also remember, Kyle has medkits in his standard equipment as well as tools to flee and heal

Does he resist being set alight?

It's still a grenade, it still explodes. And it releases green gas to indicate where the poison is so at least it also works as a makeshift smokescreen

Also remember, Kyle has medkits in his standard equipment as well as tools to flee and heal

Does he resist being set alight?
Ethan's regen should cover being burned, along with that he could just. dodge, if his regen doesn't

Medkits < Regeneration (atleast in this context), along with the fact he himself can heal with herbs and first aid spray

explosives could be a problem, but as his Stamina says "Can fight even after experiencing severe physical damage including explosions, losing limbs, and other extensive physical and psychological trauma"

Ethan's regen should cover being burned, along with that he could just. dodge, if his regen doesn't

Medkits < Regeneration (atleast in this context), along with the fact he himself can heal with herbs and first aid spray

explosives could be a problem, but as his Stamina says "Can fight even after experiencing severe physical damage including explosions, losing limbs, and other extensive physical and psychological trauma"
He does still have to manually re-attach said limbs. If he suffers severe dismemberment, he's gonna have a hard time trying to pick up his pieces. Which reminds me, don't you need high mid to regenerate from being blown up? Ethan only has High Low

One more thing, healing is essentially regaining large amounts of health at once and the thing that makes Kyle's healing good in this case is the fact that he can just take cover while doing so, meaning that he can keep healing without ever getting interrupted.

Oh and his poison resistance requires him to use a blue herb so it's not a passive

He does still have to manually re-attach said limbs. If he suffers severe dismemberment, he's gonna have a hard time trying to pick up his pieces. Which reminds me, don't you need high mid to regenerate from being blown up? Ethan only has High Low
that would be if he were blown to bits, which would he would die regardless, fire however should be fine aslong as he you know. doesn't constantly stay aflame the entire fight.
One more thing, healing is essentially regaining large amounts of health at once and the thing that makes Kyle's healing good in this case is the fact that he can just take cover while doing so, meaning that he can keep healing without ever getting interrupted.
he can take cover, but Ethan knows the village pretty well, he could catch an unfortunate kyle in the middle of healing and easily kill him there.
Oh and his poison resistance requires him to use a blue herb so it's not a passive
How fast is the toxin? he should be able to reasonably heal from it aslong as its not turning him into a makeshift pipebomb

that would be if he were blown to bits, which would he would die regardless, fire however should be fine aslong as he you know. doesn't constantly stay aflame the entire fight.
It's a molotov, it covers a person's entire body in flames. You would need to tuck, duck, and roll if you run through a patch of flames or get hit by a direct hit which shouldn't be too hard if his opponent is always in high ground
he can take cover, but Ethan knows the village pretty well, he could catch an unfortunate kyle in the middle of healing and easily kill him
The healing process is actually pretty quick, around 2 seconds or something. He just needs to duck somewhere high and far before coming back healthy. And Ethan would still end up having to traverse through said places

Also if he tries to sneak up on Kyle, the runner has survivor sense which allows him to detect enemies through walls
How fast is the toxin? he should be able to reasonably heal from it aslong
It can immediately cause zombies and humans to vomit for a few seconds. I think the vomiting happens around 4 or 5 seconds. But the vomiting itself happens immediately

It's a molotov, it covers a person's entire body in flames. You would need to tuck, duck, and roll if you run through a patch of flames or get hit by a direct hit which shouldn't be too hard if his opponent is always in high ground
high ground =/= easier to hit something. just because he's flying around at subsonic speeds doesn't mean he has a better chance to hit him, its actually the other way around, ethan is gonna have a ******* wild time trying to hit kyle.
The healing process is actually pretty quick, around 2 seconds or something. He just needs to duck somewhere high and far before coming back healthy. And Ethan would still end up having to traverse through said places
oh, cool, alright then
Also if he tries to sneak up on Kyle, the runner has survivor sense which allows him to detect enemies through walls
didn't see that on his profile
It can immediately cause zombies and humans to vomit for a few seconds. I think the vomiting happens around 4 or 5 seconds. But the vomiting itself happens immediately
mk, that shouldn't be too much for ethan to deal with. probably will let kyle shoot ethan a few times before ethan recovers

didn't see that on his profile
It's on the description of his ESP.
high ground =/= easier to hit something. just because he's flying around at subsonic speeds doesn't mean he has a better chance to hit him, its actually the other way around, ethan is gonna have a ******* wild time trying to hit kyle.
Easier to hit AoE attacks. Basically when a person has the low ground, it means that even if the projectile doesn't directly hit, the area effect will still hit them.
mk, that shouldn't be too much for ethan to deal with. probably will let kyle shoot ethan a few times before ethan recovers
Remember, he can spam more explosives while Ethan vomits or is rolling around trying to put himself out. That's when blowing up Ethan becomes possible

Easier to hit AoE attacks. Basically when a person has the low ground, it means that even if the projectile doesn't directly hit, the area effect will still hit them.

Remember, he can spam more explosives while Ethan vomits or is rolling around trying to put himself out. That's when blowing up Ethan becomes possible
Regardless, he has limited amounts of these, once he runs out (which he will if he spams them like your saying he will), its gonna leave him without options to do anything to Ethan (he could shoot the **** outta ethan, i guess) ethan also has quite the loadout of guns, compared to Kyle's two guns. ethan can afford to miss a few shots. Kyle doesn't. (this also assumes Kyle knows he should blow ethan to bits the second the fight starts) realistically, he's not going to try and blow up a seemingly normal human. thats just a waste.

Regardless, he has limited amounts of these, once he runs out (which he will if he spams them like your saying he will), its gonna leave him without options to do anything to Ethan (he could shoot the **** outta ethan, i guess) ethan also has quite the loadout of guns, compared to Kyle's two guns. ethan can afford to miss a few shots. Kyle doesn't. (this also assumes Kyle knows he should blow ethan to bits the second the fight starts) realistically, he's not going to try and blow up a seemingly normal human. thats just a waste.
He can carry 99 of those things. And he can craft more assuming he's bringing the ingredients.

If he sees Ethan literally regenerating from bullet wounds, he'll probably try burning or blowing him up. He will use any of his weapons if necessary.

Which made me realize, which of Ethan's weapons are the so-called 8-C weapons?

He can carry 99 of those things. And he can craft more assuming he's bringing the ingredients.
assuming. SBA he has his standard equipment + anything OP says he has. you never specified whether he had those or not, so its assumed he doesn't have ingredients
If he sees Ethan literally regenerating from bullet wounds, he'll probably try burning or blowing him up. He will use any of his weapons if necessary.
Fair enough.
Which made me realize, which of Ethan's weapons are the so-called 8-C weapons?
grenade launcher and Albert-01, the rest are fair game.

From what I'm hearing, I'm leaning toward Kyle. I'd also say he has a skill advantage, having presumably been trained for a longer period of time, and having more experience against humans and special infected such as Volatiles with similar skillsets to himself

wait, is Ethan's keys spread out between two separate profiles or something? He's missing all of his Village stuff but his profile references it

Because he knows the village very well? At least it means he'll know all the possible routes and buildings that Kyle might try to go to and do prediction shots
his grappling hook is going to negate that one weakness he could have. you cant make a prediction shot when some wackjob is flying around at subsonic speeds and reactions vs peak human speeds and reactions

Ethan can try, but the chances of him shooting kyle is nigh impossible due to his speed and reactions.

Ah, alright

I can switch his poison grenades with Shrapnel ones which cause bleeding (Which if I recall does nothing to Ethan) or even just regular grenades

Ah, alright

I can switch his poison grenades with Shrapnel ones which cause bleeding (Which if I recall does nothing to Ethan) or even just regular grenades
bleeding should still bother him. his resistance to pain always varies, taking him a bit to scream in pain when his ******* ARM GETS CUT OFF but oh gee oh my my poor fingers have been bit off

ethan's either the best actor i've ever ******* seen or he's one wacky mfer

so yeah shrapnels should work

bleeding should still bother him. his resistance to pain always varies, taking him a bit to scream in pain when his ******* ARM GETS CUT OFF but oh gee oh my my poor fingers have been bit off

ethan's either the best actor i've ever ******* seen or he's one wacky mfer

so yeah shrapnels should work
Alright, it's changed

Alright, it's changed
Mk, well, that hook is still gonna be a bitch to get around, and going to make it a bitch to HIT kyle. From the looks of it, this fight is going to look like this:

homeless batman throws molotovs at stressed out fungus man, while they both try to shoot each other to death. Kyle CAN outlast Ethan, but ethan is going to be regenerating from kyle, and kyle isn't going to be regenerating. Kyle can heal, but, healing only goes so far, eventually, healing isn't going to cut it. Ethan can uh scream 'what the **** is wrong with you??!!?' every 4 seconds i guess. ethan has a wider variety of weapons, but Kyle's subsonic reactions are going to make it hard for him to hit kyle.

also qestion about the hook, is their a start up before he begins moving besides obviously rising his arm? (iirc its on his arm)

Kyle's reactions are faster
his reaction is faster, but not his actual physical speed.

if kyle gets that one grapple hook off first, its basically then abusing ethan for 30 minutes.

if ethan can rise his gun first, then he could potentially win with a well placed shot.

his reaction is faster, but not his actual physical speed.

if kyle gets that one grapple hook off first, its basically then abusing ethan for 30 minutes.

if ethan can rise his gun first, then he could potentially win with a well placed shot.
Hmm, can incon be a viable vote then?

Also cant Ethan as the fight goes on lay booby traps in the village? He has his own pipebombs, remote bombs and landmines he can scatter around, making it much more hazardous for Kyle to move around in, especially since there isn't any actual high ground in the village, at most some houses are on a hill, and only like 3 even have 2 floors, so while he can grapple hook, he's still going to be pretty limited.

Also cant Ethan as the fight goes on lay booby traps in the village? He has his own pipebombs, remote bombs and landmines he can scatter around, making it much more hazardous for Kyle to move around in, especially since there isn't any actual high ground in the village, at most some houses are on a hill, and only like 3 even have 2 floors, so while he can grapple hook, he's still going to be pretty limited.
No prep time

I'll leave my vote as inconclusive because they could win depending on how things play out but I'm a bit iffy, I'll change my vote if there's enough evidence for one end.

Not saying pre-fight, I'm talking about during the fight, he'll slowly be able to make it more hazardous for Kyle with his planted explosives
Assuming Kyle is gonna keep his eyes on Ethan through the entire fight (Which is easier done with his survivor sense), he'll probably be able to keep track on where his opponent is laying traps. Keep in mind that Kyle is also experienced with land mines (He has used them before) so he should know how to pick them up safely

if uses his time to pick up a land mind, chances are his back would be filled with 40 bullets by the time he does such a thing.
It's a trap. Its purpose is to hurt your opponent when you're not looking. Why would Ethan be guarding a land mine?

It's a trap. Its purpose is to hurt your opponent when you're not looking. Why would Ethan be guarding a land mine?
where would ethan throw a landmind that'd be out of his sight?

the village isn't that strange when it comes to its terrain, its mostly flat.

where would ethan throw a landmind that'd be out of his sight?
If everything is in sight then he wouldn't really need to put down land mines. It basically stops him from moving for a while. And if he is just gonna drop them in the open, Kyle can just see and avoid them manually or even trigger them from afar with firecrackers

If everything is in sight then he wouldn't really need to put down land mines. It basically stops him from moving for a while. And if he is just gonna drop them in the open, Kyle can just see and avoid them manually or even trigger them from afar with firecrackers
He doesn't have to place them, he throws them like grenades, one is a normal landmine and the other is a remote bomb that only goes off if he presses the button, that's also not including his other thrown explosives, pipe bombs and hand grenades, and if he stops to shoot them, nothing stops Ethan from shooting back at him at that time, especially considering he has the better ranged options with his machine guns, magnums and sniper rifles, he also has decent area denial with his flamer which only adds further hazards.

Back