• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zen'ō vs The Devourer (Epic Battle Fantasy 5)

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, this was a pretty easy choice for a thread. Zen'ō, as we all know, is a cute childlike ruler who prefers fu over formality; heck, Zen'ō had a hissy fit that would've threatened the existence of the Dragon Ball multiverse because a game of Hide and Seek had to be cancelled. Seeing that kind of event, naturally The Devourer from Epic Battle Fantasy 5 would deem Zen'ō to be a disease that's causes nothing but chaos and thus decides to MURDER Zen'ō. Without furthere ado, let's determine the terms of the battle.

1. Devourer gets prep time (hence his army of Cosmic Monoliths). Zen'ō doesn't.

2. Speed is equalized. Dunno how fair it will be since Zen'ō was shown to have problems sensing high speeds in the anime.

3. Battle takes place in Zeno's Palace.

4. This is Tier 2-C Devourer vs Zen'ō (though it is important to note that Tier 2-C Devourer was Devourer stalling in order to try to tap into a higher dimension.)

That aside, let's get the character profiles out of the way.

Zen'ō's Profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Zen'ō

The Devourer's Profile: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Devourer_(EBF5)

Before discussion, it's important to note that I've forgotten some other abilities the Devourer has used in battle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skZaHfdOd5c ). These abilities are Healing, Regenerationn (Low-Mid for Base Devourer; possibly Low-Godly for End-of-Game Devourer), and the ability to buff himself. That and the Devourer can slowly bypass attempts to resist Existence Erasure via the Delete status effect.

Now then... Who would win?

Zeno Cute
Aww..! He's so cute! :3

Devourer EBF5
Kill it with fire!

The Huggable, Fun-Loving Ruler of the DB Multiverse: 0

The Eldritch Abomination That Wants to Kill Zen'ō: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Devourer isn't going to resist EE. Zen'O wouldn't "attempt" to Erase Devourerer, he'd flicking just do it. There wouldn't be any chance for Devourerer to gain a resistance since there simply isn't enough time. Delete Status ain't doing anything.

Low-Godly isn't going to help either since Hakai, an off-shoot of Zen'Os erase, is able to destroy souls no problem.

If Devourer causes confusion in Zen'O, it's getting the "Screw the universe" treatment and end everything. So that isn't helping either.

So basically, unless Devourerer opens with it's own EE immediately, Zen'O wins. There isn't enough time for it to resist Zen'Os EE and everything else is pretty much moot since it wouldn't survive a single one of Zen'Os attacks.

Akreious said:
Devourer isn't going to resist EE. Zen'O wouldn't "attempt" to Erase Devourerer, he'd flicking just do it. There wouldn't be any chance for Devourerer to gain a resistance since there simply isn't enough time. Delete Status ain't doing anything.
I think you misread the entire idea about what the "Delete" status is. "Delete" is a status that gets inflicted onto the Devourer's foes should his foes resist Existence Erasure (like Matt and the gang did). This is the effect's exact description.:

"Earth has been deleted. Players will take more and more damage every turn. Status cannot be removed."

In other words, should Devourer indeed use Existence Erasure first and Zen'ō somehow resists it, the Devourer slowly pushes against Zen'ō's resistence through the Delete status until he bypasses Zen'ō's resistence completely and erases him.

Kaltias said:
>We already have a page for the final boss
That was fast
The public beta has been around for two months. I just figured a two-day wait after the game's Steam release would suffice; then again, the Wiki has done quicker work by grabbing video game stuff from review copy Youtube videos, which normally appear a couple or a few days before official release.

I'm simply surprised because EBF isn't really a super supported franchise on this wiki.

I haven't played the public beta myself, but I already knew he was the final boss. Maybe i'll make a CRT for him when i'm done with the game.

Kaltias said:
I'm simply surprised because EBF isn't really a super supported franchise on this wiki.
I haven't played the public beta myself, but I already knew he was the final boss. Maybe i'll make a CRT for him when i'm done with the game.
Whatever works. Like I said, I've forgotten Healing, Regenerationn (Low-Mid for 2-C Devourer for being able to respawn tentacles and eyeballs; Low-Godly for 2-A Devourer), Statistics Amplification (dude can buff himself with his eyeballs), and the ability to slowly bypass resistence to Existence Erasure via the Delete status (the in-game description of Delete status implies that the party's resistence to Existence Erasure is being slowly eaten away over time).

Dunno. As I said, i'm not quite familiar with the Devourer, and i'm not sure if he'd erase Zen'ō directly if he has time to observe him (and if he is actually fighting to win instead of stalling in order to ascend to a higher dimension).

If he does, he wins, if he doesn't, he loses

Kaltias said:
Dunno. As I said, i'm not quite familiar with the Devourer, and i'm not sure if he'd erase Zen'ō directly if he has time to observe him (and if he is actually fighting to win instead of stalling in order to ascend to a higher dimension).
If he does, he wins, if he doesn't, he loses
I gave Devourer prep time (ex. observation time), so there's that.

I am concerned by the Devourer's "at least 2-A" rating.

Oh, and by his Immeasurable speed and Nigh-Omniscience with no justification.

I should (hopefully) be able to fix Devourer's page soon. I only need to reach it and beat it, although that will still take a few days.

DMB 1 said:
I am concerned by the Devourer's "at least 2-A" rating.
Oh, and by his Immeasurable speed and Nigh-Omniscience with no justification.
The reason why I had it set to "At least 2-A" yet only "At least Multiverse+" is he had repeatedly reset the time and space of the entire EBF world (note that the Vs Battles Wiki considers the 4th dimension a mix of both time and space), so it's very easy to assume that Devourer tapped into the 5th Dimension (key word: "higher dimension"). It's not explicitly stated what that higher dimension is, but going for the 5th Dimension as the bare minimum is very plausible. I only had End of Game Devourer set at "Multiverse+" because while he did indeed tap into the 5th dimension and manipulate stuff within it (he stated himself that it was the player's stuff; mind you, he specifically stated that the player is a being from a higher dimension), I personally wouldn't exactly consider Devourer "5th Dimensional" (though God (not Godcat; God, who looks like Goku as a cat) explicitly stated that the Devourer is from another multiverse. Of course God's statements hint that God is weaker than the Devourer). Bear in mind, the 2-A rating is only for End-Game Devourer, not the Devourer fought in-battle.

As for the other points... Okay, honestly, does the "Immeasurable" rating really need justification when we know that Devourer jumped into a higher dimenson? Doing that alone isn't simple "Point A to Point B" travel. As for Nigh-Omniscience, well, it's a "chain reaction" thing. Godcat, at least according to her profile, is stated to at least have the possibility of being Nigh-Omniscient, yet Godcat is one of Devourer's creations/pawns. Mind you, that means Godcat is also one of the victims of the Devourer's resets, hence why he stated that he gave Akron and Godcat lesser roles for "not serving his purpose." That's not to mention Devourer practically remembers the EBF world's past.

Bear in mind, I only set the foundation of the Devourer's profile from watching two videos on the Devourer battle (the 47-minute video had more content). I can only wait until Kaltias verifies my findings and tracks down any mistakes I've made.

If it's stated that they jumped to a higher dimension with supporting evidence, it should be enough for an upgrade.

Akreious said:
If it's stated that they jumped to a higher dimension with supporting evidence, it should be enough for an upgrade.
https://youtu.be/skZaHfdOd5c?t=44m48s

"That battle bought me enough time, and I've found a way into your higher dimension! I've manipulated the pixels on your screen, and the sounds from your speakers, and sent my data through to your world."

Key phrase: "bought me enough time." That means Devourer had to stall in order to do that, hence why there are two keys for Devourer: Base and End of Game.

I'll be hiding in your Cosmic background radiation. In the chaos of your Dark Energy. Someday the laws of Quantum mechanics will reassemble my data, and I will finally meet you.

Phoenix821 said:
I'll be hiding in your Cosmic background radiation.
In the chaos of your Dark Energy. Someday the laws of Quantum mechanics will reassemble my data, and I will finally meet you.
Yeah, that was the part that made me think about giving EoG Devourer Low-Godly Regen (as opposed to Low-Mid for Base Devourer).

Phoenix821 said:
Would it count as omnipresence?
I have my doubts on that too. There's the key word "hiding." I don't think anything omnipresent could hide in anything, really. The string of dialogue implies that he's hiding in the void until he's fully restored/reformed. I think it's best to stick with "immeasurable" until Kaltias can figure this out.

Back