• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zelda should be Low 2-C: Into the Zeldaverse

Uh... Kona, did you miss the literal Triforce symbol appearing on the back of her hand?

Like...

It was right there.

The game even focused in on it during the cutscene where she seals Calamity Ganon.

KnightOfSunlight said:
Uh... Kona, did you miss the literal Triforce symbol appearing on the back of her hand?

Like...

It was right there.

The game even focused in on it during the cutscene where she seals Calamity Ganon.
Uhhh Sunlight do you actually understand how the triforce works? it's not something you just get via being a royal, that's what the light force is. It doesn't matter if the symbol is still there, Ganon had the TOP symbol during his final fight in wind waker and he didn't actually have it, This is no different, if she had the TF she could have used it instead of doing something that she always did when she didn't have the triforce.

I've always seen it as being the power of the Hylia bloodline. After all, the game constantly stresses out how she's "the princess with divine blood".

Anyway, it's too vague. The symbol means nothing as even in Skyward Sword Link had the mark of the Triforce before obtaining it (and technically AoL, too, though the circumstances are different)

Maybe the symbol means that your power is enhanced by the full triforce but that doesn't mean that you have it so you can't wish something.

Ganondorf did have the ToP in his final fight in Wind Waker? It went back to him after The King made his wish. That's why the symbols were there, not because of some bullshit lightforce theory. Otherwise, Link wouldn't have had the symbol because he wasn't royalty.

And furthermore, I am not impying she had the full Triforce. Merely, it's more likely she had the ToW whereas Calamity Ganon either lacked the ToP or couldn't fully utilize it in his Calamity form for some reason.

Though, given the trailer for BotW 2, it's extremely likely that Calamity Ganon merely did not have it, and that the corpse(?) of Ganondorf did.

As for SS Link, he only gains the Triforce symbol after enhancing his sword and soul at the sacred flames. It's likely that the symbol appears as your soul is made or becomes ready/worthy of the Triforce pieces. Even then, the symbol is faded until he obtains all pieces.

Furthermore, every appearance of the lightforce (one) has lacked any form of Triforce symbols. Merely, it appears as a bright light that envelops Zelda.

And for AoL, it's likely the same as SS, where it was his soul being ready to contain either a piece or the entireity of the Triforce.

Something also worth bringing up is that the Triforce symbol has been remarkable inconsistent since forever. In some games (AoL, SS) it appears as your soul/body/whatever becomes ready to contain a piece or the entireity of it.

In others, it never appears (ALttP and it's sequels, notably), even if one has it and is in close proximity to another wielder.

In others, it only appears when one wishes it to or when near other wielders, or when using it's power (OoT, MM, WW, ALBW)

And in others still, it's ever present even when not near other wielders or when being used, and only brightens when being used or coming near magic (TP most notably)

All that is to say, the presence of a Triforce symbol confirms that it is either there and/or being used unless we have explicit evidence that it is not. Lacking a triforce symbol confirms that it is not there and/or not being being used unless the same is true.

No he didn't he sent the pieces away, Ganon was meant to lose from the beginning, if he was not he could have reclaimed it, but that literally was not possible for him because the king had made it impossible via his wish. Lightforce theory is bullshit? Explain then how this lightforce is manifest in reincarnations of Zelda due to her royalty? My explanation honestly has more supporting evidence than yours.

if she only had the TOW, only one triangle would appear. This event had no context whatsoever and the entire story behind it already contradicts any kind of triforce shenanigans

Not surprised at this point I just chalk it up as tactics in order to derail the thread people who wants to check gets lost becomes a shit Strom and then gets forcibly closed

So call the ones that can can confirm this and let them do their thing.

Wating for People aint gonna work, call a staff member, this been up for long enough and no one has so far had any objections so **** Em if they aint caring.

And btw, im in for the upgrade

Konaguna said:
So call the ones that can can confirm this and let them do their thing.

Wating for People aint gonna work, call a staff member, this been up for long enough and no one has so far had any objections so **** Em if they aint caring.

And btw, im in for the upgrade
Someone already but still nothing after the same thing is happening in a Scarlett witch upgrade CRT contacted everyone on the list but nothing after what 4 days now not even a quick look or anything.

Yeah buts ridiculous when you want to add like 2 or 3 abilities and the showing are all backed up by hundreds of reliable sources... But for whatever reason you have to wait 4/5 to get any kind of approval that's if anyone actually responds to the CRT.

If your unlucky it turns into a shit fest with memes and "This gonna be good" Everywhere lol.

I remember doing the low godly regen for Link and honestly it went on for no reason when it was clear that we all had official and actual showings in a cutscene especially when character's mention it.

Or higher staff members having sometimes the ultimate say and final word in a discussion can literally **** things up hard.

I know yeah I'm complaining a lot but it feels like lately we need to update and change how the system works currently.

We live in a democratic world, so are the majority of knowlegable member recognised by majority in agreement of this upgrade? If so leta do it, why should we rely on a system thats closer to Feudalism than it is to any modern Day hierarchy

As much as I'd love to upgrade the Triforce into low 2-C, I can't really see it happening right now. It's for the simple reason that everything is just too vague: it's the same problem with Majora and Kirby. Majora is under discusssion at this very moment because "corrupting a universe" does not actually mean that they have the power to alter the universe, and their universe pocket ability doesn't tell us anything about the actual dimension of those pockets. Kirby fought Magolor who could "create a universe that collapsed at his death", but nothing firmly confirms that we're talking about a universal size universe. I also wanted Kirby to go up one tier into the 3-A, but there just isn't enough proof. Every time-changing event inside the Zelda multiverse was NEVER caused by the Triforce - it was either the Phantom Hourglass, the Master Sword or the Ocarina. Yes, in theory the Triforce, as Hylia said, COULD alter the essence of all things, which COULD include space and time. But if we take a character that says "I'm going to destroy the universe!", it doesn't mean that they actually can - maybe they can destroy a multi-galaxy system and keep going.

Tl;dr until we actually see the Triforce bending the space-time continuum or some dialogue/text canonically claims that the Trifoce can bend the timeline, I think there just isn't enough proof

Let me know if I missed anything

Actually majora isn't under discussion anymore the corruption as been accepted for a long time now and even Azy looked at it and is arguments and other points were shut down and a big big majority agree to it being viable plus a lot of Nintendo official materials supported it.

The size of their pocket reality in the Zelda universe as been comfirmed to be much bigger thanks to Awakening remake so wind fish, Demise and Hylia are solid 4-A's.

And "Every time-changing event inside the Zelda multiverse was NEVER caused by the Triforce" huh ALTTP, ALBW plus in between world The Triforce is officially stated to be the thing that keeps Time and Space in check since the destruction of the Triforce in Lorule was literally breaking space and time.

" Hylia said, COULD alter the essence of all things, which COULD include space and time." she was mostly talking about conceptual manip in the first half but it was a bit too vague that's why it isn't accepted.

And again triforce was shown to manipulate space and time more than once so I don't understand what you are trying to say?

And for your last point see all of the above and for more proof it is cannoncaly written that the Triforce it what's keeps universe in check and it's destruction would break whatever universe the Triforce is in including space and time hell that's why the 3 golden goddesses made it in the first place

AshenCrow777 said:
Actually majora isn't under discussion anymore the corruption as been accepted for a long time now and even Azy looked at it and is arguments and other points were shut down and a big big majority agree to it being viable plus a lot of Nintendo official materials supported it.

The size of their pocket reality in the Zelda universe as been comfirmed to be much bigger thanks to Awakening remake so wind fish, Demise and Hylia are solid 4-A's.

And "Every time-changing event inside the Zelda multiverse was NEVER caused by the Triforce" huh ALTTP, ALBW plus in between world The Triforce is officially stated to be the thing that keeps Time and Space in check since the destruction of the Triforce in Lorule was literally breaking space and time.

" Hylia said, COULD alter the essence of all things, which COULD include space and time." she was mostly talking about conceptual manip in the first half but it was a bit too vague that's why it isn't accepted.

And again triforce was shown to manipulate space and time more than once so I don't understand what you are trying to say?

And for your last point see all of the above and for more proof it is cannoncaly written that the Triforce it what's keeps universe in check and it's destruction would break whatever universe the Triforce is in including space and time hell that's why the 3 golden goddesses made it in the first place
Majora is still under discussion: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3536149#23

What does Awakening have to do with Majora's mask, exactly?...

In ALTTP the Triforce was SEALED AWAY into a parallel universe, yet ALTTP's Light World was not being corrupted. ALBW's Lorule is an interesting case, yet I think this is a controversy. Also, this is not a time-changing event like the one I talked about with items that actually let Link rewind, travel into and stop time

You say that "triforce was shown to manipulate space and time more than once": I would like you to give me an example of that

Lastly, my last point is a tl;dr, so there isn't much to discuss about it

Also, I don't want to sound like a jerk, but please use some commas. It was pretty hard to read what you wrote

What are you talking about the moment Ganondorf got the Triforce of Power the light world became the dark world it is literally stated in the game that it did happen, also there's no contreversia around ALBW events burden of proof falls on you to prove that.

It has reality warping abilities that can affect time the mere fact that it was destroyed in ALBW it screwed the time and space of that universe lore states that it what's keep the natural laws of the universe in check.

First of all: the Light World did NOT become the Dark World. LW and DW are two separate things: what was turned into the DW from Ganondorf's influence with the Triforce was the Sacred Realm. If he was able to bend and control time, he would have had multiple ways to stop Link before being defeated, yet he showed no signs of being able to

And yes, he was able to warp and distort a universe... Which is a 3-A feat that has nothing to do with timeline

The fact that "it was destroying the universe of Lorule" still doesn't tell us anything of its influence on the timeline. For what we know, the Triforce could have just erased the physical matter of that universe, which is a 3-A feat. But again, the game is just not precise enough: it will constantly tell that what can't live without the Triforce is Lorule, the kingdom, not the entirety of the universe in which Lorule is set. And this may be because of many reasons, like the immediate spawn of thousands of monsters after the Triforce disappeared, nothing suggests that the universe will actually become ashes if the Triforce is not there

"It's what keeps the natural laws of the universe in check" is just something you made up. Nothing in the game suggests this. Stop trying to reinforce your argument by overestimating events and feats or at least bring some proof to what you're claiming, because as of now you've heavily failed to do so, even when I asked you to

Zhaxean said:
First of all: the Light World did NOT become the Dark World. LW and DW are two separate things: what was turned into the DW from Ganondorf's influence with the Triforce was the Sacred Realm. If he was able to bend and control time, he would have had multiple ways to stop Link before being defeated, yet he showed no signs of being able to

And yes, he was able to warp and distort a universe... Which is a 3-A feat that has nothing to do with timeline

The fact that "it was destroying the universe of Lorule" still doesn't tell us anything of its influence on the timeline. For what we know, the Triforce could have just erased the physical matter of that universe, which is a 3-A feat. But again, the game is just not precise enough: it will constantly tell that what can't live without the Triforce is Lorule, the kingdom, not the entirety of the universe in which Lorule is set. And this may be because of many reasons, like the immediate spawn of thousands of monsters after the Triforce disappeared, nothing suggests that the universe will actually become ashes if the Triforce is not there

"It's what keeps the natural laws of the universe in check" is just something you made up. Nothing in the game suggests this. Stop trying to reinforce your argument by overestimating events and feats or at least bring some proof to what you're claiming, because as of now you've heavily failed to do so, even when I asked you to
First of all go make your own research before falcy accusing people of making things up it makes you look like an asshole

http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z3translation/z3_game_quotes.html

http://www.zeldalegends.net/files/text/z3translation/z3_manual_story.html

Now go read and don't bother messaging me back.

I may be an asshole, but I'm telling the truth. And I'm not gonna avoid looking like an asshole to you if I'm trying to prove a point. I'm sorry, but if you tell me "this thing is true" and I tell you "prove it" but you don't (and even completely ignore the fact that I asked you to prove it), there clearly is something wrong. I did my research, but I don't think you did since you claim that the Light World was turned into the Dark World

Also, what exactly should I read about the whole Alttp Japanese manual story? Seems a little vague to just send it without even saying which if the various points we've discussed

Both link provides lore on the Triforce itself and some stuff I've been telling you so just go read both (most preferably the second one) and there's nothing vague about any of does

Given BotW's already high stats without a Triforce piece, if he did somehow gain the ToC in BotW 2 would he finally be able to compete with Time and Legends?

AshenCrow777 said:
Both link provides lore on the Triforce itself and some stuff I've been telling you so just go read both (most preferably the second one) and there's nothing vague about any of does
I just read all of the quotes in the links

And...

What exactly were you trying to prove? There's literally nothing that back up your statements for Triforce in 2-C. Nobody even mentions times or time-changing abilities of the Triforce, they just talk about how the Triforce distorted the Sacred Realm

Not only that, but I'm pretty sure that the story of "the leader of thieves ganondorf found the Triforce" is pretty outdated, since it's generally recognized now that the Ganon in there is the same Ganon as OOT that was sealed in the "the hero is defeated" timeline

Foxthefox1000 said:
Given BotW's already high stats without a Triforce piece, if he did somehow gain the ToC in BotW 2 would he finally be able to compete with Time and Legends?
He'd more than likely steamroll Time rather than just being able to compete with him, and if I'm not mistaken Legends is ALTTP Link (My memory gets a bit hazy regarding a few Links and their titles so correct me if I'm wrong) so it depends on what point of time Legends is at. If Legends is at his peak then he stomps Breath due to defeating full Triforce Ganon and also breifly having the entire Triforce himself, but every other point in time for Legends results in him getting steamrolled.

Although it would've been better to have asked this on the Zelda general discussion thread rather then here.

Legends is ALTTP Link. Idk if he'd be able to steamroll Time w/o a triforce piece. Time is triforce piece + master sword + amps from sages.

I also don't remember once anyone stating Light World became Dark World in this thead, sounds like a massive strawman.

I also don't remember once anyone stating Light World became Dark World in this thead AshenCrow777 said:
What are you talking about the moment Ganondorf got the Triforce of Power the light world became the dark world

Sacred realm*

That's what I meant my bad plus sacred realm was created by 3 low-2 c's beings it makes no sense for that dimension to be that's small at all Also in Japanese like I posted in the links above Sekai can also mean universe not just world and depending on context universe can fit perfectly well.

"My, a new face. I suppose you too came to this world seeking the "Golden Power"?

But you know, the "Golden Power" was a power that only the one who first touched it can use.

That man wished to create this world... this world is a world that reflected that man's heart.

I, too, came here, blinded by greed, but all such people became monsters.

To restore this world to the sacred land it originally was, there's probably no way except for a person who is worthy to overthrow that man and claim the "Golden Power" to take it... I plan on waiting in this form until that happens.

But, the previous residents sure left a mischievous thing behind. The "Golden Power"...

the "Triforce"..."

And change every" world" by "universe" and you can clearly see it fits, plus the sacred realm is actually some type of heaven (godly heaven) as stated in official sources, a place for Gods where the 3 golden goddesses used to stay and a place Hylia hang out so 4-A possibly 3-A is not farfetched at all.

Back