• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
DTG499 said:
Well the necromancy NPC's can't summon more than 1 or 2 as well as us. The notion of "if one character can use an ability in this way so can our character" is a little NLF and I would like some more lore to back that up. But I do understand that there is lore to back up the shout timer being a game mechanic.
It would be a NLF if i saw that the dragonborn can use it on the whole planet or more, the shout has the same funcion as the one from miraak same range and same effects on the same amount of people as that is the limit that miraak showed the dragonborn cant go higher than island/solstheim, there is also the fact that Durnehviir is not affected because the game counts him as a summon pet or that the shout does not work on dragons on special locations.

As for the Necromancy if you mean that the limit is 2 since that is what is shown then No that is not the limit, and if you did not mean that you can ignore what i said before

So correct me if I'm wrong but you are saying that because another NPC(miraak) can use his ability in that way in the game, so TLD can use it in the same way but with no lore to back it up. If you have the lore for it I'd like to see it please.

Miraak learns the shout from mora same as you and it has the same effect, range and affect as many people and is treated the same in this wiki, however if you want to take the game limitations to face value well i guess thats that.

What you are saying is reasonable I just want some tangible lore to back it up. Tbh I've been over this Miraak vs Zatanna thread since we got half way into this mind manipulation discussion.

DTG499 said:
What you are saying is reasonable I just want some tangible lore to back it up. Tbh I've been over this Miraak vs Zatanna thread since we got half way into this mind manipulation discussion.
The lore is basically the same they give you in the game the shout is the same as miraak's (potency etc. etc.) just that the game mechanics dont allow you to use it at the same level it also limits you like with durnehviir because it counts him as a summon pet or how you cant use it on other creatures do to the place you are in. as the creators of game say "the game is just a small reprecentation of the Lore"

Now that I recall Miraak spent a 1000 years in apocrypha. So him learning a way to use bend will in a way so it can affect multiple people across a hyperversal plane during that time is possible, is it not? Our higher potency could just come from our better innate ability.

DTG499 said:
Now that I recall Miraak spent a 1000 years in apocrypha. So him learning a way to use bend will in a way so it can affect multiple people across a hyperversal plane during that time is possible, is it not? Our higher potency could just come from our better innate ability.
Not really as mora says himself that the shout that he is giving you is the exact same as the one miraak has.

That's the exact quote? "Here is bend will you can do exactly everything that Miraak can do with bend will"

The shout that he gives you is the same that he gives miraak stated by him "All that he knows he learned from me" "Here is the power you need even tho you did not know you needed it" "But you need the 3rd word of power otherwise you cannot hope to surpass him" "He serve me well and was rewarded i can grant you the same powers but at a price" "MIraak would have found a way to give me what i want. So will you if you wish to surpass him"(have the last word of power)

thats when he sends you to give him the knowledge of the skaal for the last word of power

I mena eh, doesn't really elude to the fact that he can use bend will the same way, herma just taught him the bend will he didn't say "I will teach you literally everything I taught him".Shouts have been shown to be used in ways that the dragonborn can't, like how the dragons can use a continuous fire and ice breath while the dragonborn can only use a single shot. You can't say thats a gameplay mechanic limitation either becasue dragons can use the single shot version of the shout as well.

DTG499 said:
I mena eh, doesn't really elude to the fact that he can use bend will the same way, herma just taught him the bend will he didn't say "I will teach you literally everything I taught him".Shouts have been shown to be used in ways that the dragonborn can't, like how the dragons can use a continuous fire and ice breath while the dragonborn can only use a single shot. You can't say thats a gameplay mechanic limitation either becasue dragons can use the single shot version of the shout as well.
Unless you are implaying that somehow he (miraak) got bend will out of nowhere or that Mora just gave us a Made in China bend will then yea i can see it, dragons can also stop time same as us.

we need to remember dovah absorbs miraak soul and the shout stays the same and dragon souls, like miraak, contains their knowledge

Zhepar said:
we need to remember dovah absorbs miraak soul and the shout stays the same and dragon souls, like miraak, contains their knowledge
that makes more sense.

Back