• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DimeUhDozen

She/Her
J4qX1DV.png

Since Zatanna's Post-Crisis profile was outdated...

Let's go with two different versions of the same character.

Speed Equalized

Post-Flashpoint Zatanna:
1997 Sabrina:
Incon:

What's Sabrina's go-to? Because Zatanna's very quick to hax.

Sabrina’s also quick to hax. I believe this incarnation of Sabrina starts off with transmutation, then goes to anything that would help her in this particular situation.

Her spells can be activated via speech or thought and if she figures out that Zee needs her mouth to say her spells, she could potentially replace her voice with donkey noises and incapacitate her. By The Magic Within, she’s pretty perceptive on this stuff, and was considered skilled enough to be considered a threat by people with thousands of years of experience, so she’s got a decent chance.

Zatanna doesn't 100% need her voice to cast magic- it gimps her a lot but she is able to do some magic silently. What does Sabrina typically transmute people into, and is it instantaneous? It's a lot more effective if it's not something capable of speech, but Zatanna can negate hexes and stuff even as they're happening.

I'm not gonna bore you with the details but Zatanna is also extremely accomplished and talented etc etc

Yeah, Sabrina isn't like... DC levels of skilled, but she's still reasonably skilled in that she's able to get the jump on the likes of the Magic Council.

Also, Sabrina's stuff usually tends to be stuff like frogs, hamsters and inanimate objects like cardboard or pizza. The effects of her spells are instantaneous at their best, and something she needs to zap them with at their worst. It's going to be hard for Zatanna to negate Sabrina's hexes since witch spells are difficult to negate and with her Magic Within wands, she isn't affected by magic negation at all. A forest that negates magic with its own has no effect on her like this, and magical barriers, which negate magic inside of them, are easily bypassed by her.

If it takes the form of a zap Zatanna could very realistically shield or dodge it, as for powernull in DC it's based on general power, so Zatanna can't powernull better magicians than her but she is capable of countering that of lesser magicians. So "difficult" isn't really out of the ordinary for her.

On Z's own end she can hax but a more tangible attack would be just as effective, given the AP gap.

How good is Zatanna's teleportation because this Sabrina can also Dimensional BFR. I don't think it would be ooc for her to use since it's how she got rid of Sonic initially during their fight.

She has dimensional travel, and that's without even getting into the House of Mystery which is... a thing.

Mm… I guess she could EE if that’d work. Her magic shield does absorb projectiles but I’m not sure how effective that would be. Might end up being a stomp because I didn’t think that the power null would be that AP based.

Back