• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2b with easy i guess. Such abilites like time stop, invulnerability would be enough to take this fight with no problem

2B doesnt have a time stop, only a time slow that lasts for a few seconds and can only be activated by an extremely precise dodge.

Yes, I said it wrong. But if she dodge at least once, then it's all over for yupia. Not to mention the other skills beyond that and pod skills.

I'm currently typing up a long response as to why Yupia wins here with input from one of the most knowledgeable Nier players on the wiki who agrees that Yupia would win.

You should probably equalize speed, otherwise Yupia has a pretty big advantage.

Now, as for the fight, Yupia should take this mid-high difficulty.

Most of this information comes from TheEverlasting who has beaten Nier multiple times and is very knowledgeable on the verse as a whole.

First off, AP and Durbility. 2-B scales from damaging A2, who tanked a 493 megaton attack, while Yupia scales from casually destroying most of Bog's body, who shrugged off a 312 megaton attack with basically no damage. They should be relatively even though Yupia likely has an advantage here.

Skill-wise, Yupia should be fairly superior in given her experience fighting a number of different opponents with varying abilities on top of her Perception and Information Analysis.

Now, for 2B's equipment:

First off is her Pod. While the backup is helpful, there is an issue that 2B can only have the Pods use one program at a time before they need a cooldown. On top of that, the most helpful ability in their arsenal, time slow, only lasts for 5.5 seconds before deactivating, and should they miss it would be not only a waste of an attack, but Yupia would know what they are capable of and would likely destroy them asap. 2B has also never used their hacking ability...ever.

Second is her Plug-Ins. While its usually preferred that the OP actually specify what Plug-Ins 2B has in threads (Which even then is quite limited by her in-universe storage capacity), but in this situation in which no chips are specified, 2B is assumed to not have chips as she canonically has no set chips that she uses. But lets go through the ones that would make a difference in this fight anyways. Counter needs perfect timing in order to work and doesnt work on ranged attacks, of which Yupia has several and is perfectly willing to use. Damage Absorb only has a 35% chance of working. Auto-Heal only works after not being attacked for 4 seconds and the damage healed is negligible at best. Evasive System slows 2B as well as the projectile she is trying to dodge. Overclock only works for a maximum of 5.5 seconds and requires a perfect dodge to work and does not activate every single time 2B dodges an attack. Reset will only work once and does not restore her to full health. Vengeance, while powerful, doesnt actually negate the damage reflected, said reflection only works half the time, and it doesnt work on ranged attacks.

Third is her weapons. She has a pretty big arsenal with some decent weapons but...she can't use everything at once, only one weapon at a time which she has to manually change to, and out of all of them, the only one that would really do anything here is the Spear of the Usurper, and even then the fact that Yupia is bloodlusted means that there's a good chance it wont, and if she's gone into her berserker state there's an even lesser chance that it would work.

Overall, while 2B's abilities seem useful on paper, in practice their drawbacks in availability and application actually limit her quite a bit, as well as a case of a larger arsenal being less helpful when only a few specific weapons work. Yupia should take this.

Thank you Ever ovo

WeeklyBattles said:
You really did not say why Yupia wins, you just described 2b abilities but you didnt said how Yupia would deal with them.

And pods are not stupid, they are able to avoid being attacked. If it were so easy to destroy them, then they would have been destroyed long ago in combat, but that never happened in the game.

And A2 survived something more destructive by what you said, but you still gave the advantage to yupia. I do also not remember A2 having been seriously damaged in her feat though.

Please dont quote walls of text

I did say why Yupia wins, greater skill, extremely useful information analysis, perception that allows her to perfectly keep track of everything up to half a mile (Should 2B try to use long range abilities), experience fighting people with abilities similar to a good portion of 2B's arsenal, and a lot of 2B's better abilities having drawbacks and limitations that Yuipa can work around fairly easily. Also technically Yupia is almost 3x faster than 2B since speed is unequalized.

From what i recall the Pods cant even be attacked in Nier, but said rule wouldnt apply here.

This is what A2 survived, the accepted result is the middle one. Bog on the other hand survived this with no damage whatsoever, and Yupia completely destroyed his entire body aside from very small portion that was separate from him so he could regenerate.

Pods not to being attacked are just gameplay mechanics. Why would not anyone ever try to attack them? I do not think the machines are that dumb to the point of not noticing their potential danger and ignoring them. Pods remain safe even in enemy-infested situations, where projectiles fly from all directions. So I do not think the girl would be able to destroy them that easily. And if she gets too distracted wanting to destroy the pod this would only give 2b's advantage.

You did not explain how yupia would deal with overclocking for example. She only uses ranged attacks? If 2b succeeded in activating this ability at least once would be enough to damage her considerably. It still has other abilities like laser (that would be very difficult to dodge).

Exactly, they'd be able to be attacked and destroyed in an actual fight. Yupia is almost 3x faster than them and going by feat theyre much weaker and less durable than 2B, she would likely be able to oneshot them very easily, and getting distracted isnt happening when Yupia has a 100% perfect perception of everything in her suroundings for a half mile in any direction.

2B would have a LOT of difficulty perfectly dodging Yupia's attacks with the speed difference, even if she had Overclock in this fight it likely wouldnt come into play because of that. Laser is a Pod only ability and as i explained above Yupia would know to take them out as soon as they tried to attack her.

But they are not attacked, which means that being ignored is just a gameplay mechanic. In a real fight they would not be ignored, something like this only happens in gameplay. What happens during the gameplay is almost always not the way it actually happened in the game's story. Assuming the pods stayed alive until the end of the game, it is more rational to think that they dodged the attacks than to think that NOBODY in the game attacked them just because the gameplay shows that way, because as you said " of course in a fight they would be attacked".

In other words, the pods are attacked, but the game does not show that.

Okay, i'm back. What did i mi-JUMPING JESUS IN THE MORNING! This got more recognition then i thought it would.

Kep was summoned, but the Oven answers.

Yupia for Weekly and Ever's reasons.

But her new body is reformed outside the battlefield and has to travel back.

Rather important detail, unless she manages to back up her data mid-combat (Which she can't do by herself), 2B won't even remember her fight with Yupia when she gets killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back