• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo's powers and abilities revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
All right, let's see: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Yukari_Yakumo

"Spatial Manipulation (Capable of separating physical places from the space-time continuum to create their own Brane, such as with Gensokyo)"

I suggest also adding this statement as well, "...can manipulate the border between 2D and 3D" which is described in one of her Border Sign spell cards found here: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Yukari_Yakumo

"Time Manipulation (Can manipulate the border between day and night at will)"

Um, that's supposed to be Circadian Manipulation, not Time Manipulation since that's not really affecting the concept of time itself.

"Matter Manipulation (Can manipulate the boundary between matter and anti-matter)"

You forgot to link Anti-Matter Manipulation in her powers & abilities section btw.

Okay, here is the rest of the extra powers & abilities that wasn't mentioned on Yukari's profile and if you don't understand how Boundary Manipulation works, then you may find this a bit complicated: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Yukari_Yakumo

Rest on Stone, Rinse in Rivers Rinse with Stone, Rest in Rivers is inducing singularities & Attack Reflection using gaps.

Fantasy Manji-Parasol involves Yukari using
Spiritual Energy Manipulation, pretty useful.

Bounded Field "Curse of Dreams and Reality" is Oneiric Reality Manipulation since both Reality & Dreams are being both affected by her BM.

Bounded Field "Mesh of Light and Darkness" would involve Yukari using the combination of Darkness & Light for this spell card or in short words, Darkness-Light Manipulation correct? Because IIRC, Yukari manipulated light various times while for darkness, sometimes.

Barrier "Objective Barrier" implies Objective-Subjective Manipulation since Yukari did indeed also affect Subjective Reality which is the boundary between fantasy & reality.

Barrier "Balance of Motion and Stillness" implies that Yukari is capable of using paralysis inducement with her BM.

Barrier "Boundary of Life and Death" would mean that Yukari is capable of using both Death Inducement & Resurrection with her BM.

Lastly, Yukari should also have Yin-Yang Manipulation since its clear that she manipulates multiple dualites when using Boundary Manipulation & Spiritual Awareness due to perceiving spirits such as Yuyuko who are usually invisible to humans.

First of all: Stop using Powerlisting wiki for everything. This is the same kind of shit that made people assume Yukari had Science Manipulation.

Did you even see how she did it? It was literally both night and day at the same time. This isn't just manipulating the rotation of the planets.

You need proof for Singularity thing. Her attack reflection is more like teleporting your attacks back at you, so...

Again, you keep using Powerlisting wiki. Stop that. Get some help. And I'd request you to link said applications of her BM instead of just listing them.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
First of all: Stop using Powerlisting wiki for everything. This is the same kind of shit that made people assume Yukari had Science Manipulation.

Did you even see how she did it? It was literally both night and day at the same time. This isn't just manipulating the rotation of the planets.

You need proof for Singularity thing. Her attack reflection is more like teleporting your attacks back at you, so...

Again, you keep using Powerlisting wiki. Stop that. Get some help. And I'd request you to link said applications of her BM instead of just listing them.
First of all, I said, "Spiritual Energy Manipulation" (which is the proper name to call this ability) not "Spiritual Force Manipulation" & I linked it under Life Manipulation found in VSBW since it falls in that category.

> Looks at the Dream Manipulation superpower in VSBW

Oneiric Reality Manipulation is clearly found here, so you're gonna blame me for that?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Dream_Manipulation

Darkness-Light Manipulation is basically Darkness & Light Manipulation and everyone uses it but yet we can't use that here?

Wow, I'm not even...

Spiritual Awareness is a form of Enhanced Senses and I see people using Yin & Yang Manipulation here for some profiles.

"Did you even see how she did it? It was literally both night and day at the same time. This isn't just manipulating the rotation of the planets."

Circadian Manipulation involves manipulating Day & Night and you could of call it Day & Night Manipulation anyways if you have a problem with the name but either way, that wouldn't be considered as Time Manipulation regardless.

"You need proof for Singularity thing. Her attack reflection is more like teleporting your attacks back at you, so..."

[1] [2]
No. 3:
µ×òþƒ│µ╝▒µÁü µ╝▒þƒ│µ×òµÁü
Rest on Stone, Rinse in Rivers [4] Rinse with Stone, Rest in Rivers [5]

Comment:
Õ╝▒ÒüºÚúøÒü│ÚüôÕàÀÒéÆÕÉ©ÒüäÞ¥╝ÒéÇþ®┤ÒéÆÚûïÒüÅÕÉ©ÒüäÞ¥╝ÒéôÒüáþë®Òü»Òé½ÒéªÒâ│ÒâêÒüòÒéî Õ╝ÀÒüºÕç║ÒüÖÒÇîµ╝▒þƒ│µ×òµÁüÒÇìÒü½ÒéêÒüúÒüª µö¥Õç║ÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒüîÕç║µØÑÒéï
Translation:
'Rest on Stone' (B) opens up a hole that sucks in projectiles. The sucked-in objects are stored, and can be shot out with force using 'Rinse with Stone' (C).
Move Command:
Default 214B/C

Inducing singularities directly onto your target technically involves creating a compression of gravitational/spatial forces that sucks in matter & energy like a black hole shown in the scan above. Also, is Yukari's attack reflection legit or...?

Calm down, not every single thing on the SP wiki is "inaccurate" & no need to act prejudice over a wiki. All wikis are treated that same type of way sometimes.

...Well, for once (I never meet you though), I do agree that saying manipulation of night and day being time manipulation is abit overkill...IMO, at best she's manipulating the amount of light that's hitting the current zone (you still need border as high as the atmosphere though), unless she somehow bring the moon even when there shouldn't be any.

Oneiric Reality and singularity is also overkill though (it's more like the border just take in the projectile that's coming to it, turn it into energy to then be fired right back). Remember that she haven't done any feat that would fully point to that yet. Also it's not like she performed Matter and Anti-Matter Manip either...from what I see, she literally just manipulated matter/anti-matter boundary, or the state of matter that's opposite but equally valid to each other. Objective Barrier is literally the advance version of 2D and 3D, as for Life and Death, it's only shown that she used it to tamper with the boundary between Gensokyo and Neitherworld. Finally, Yin and Yang is too wide of the nest to cast that it's implied that she could do a ton of thing that we didn't see yet in that nature: That would take alot of proof.

Edit:...Oh yeah, the Imperishable Night event. That would certainly be the application of time manip then. Yeah, you better off arguing about Yukari's border of Heaven and Hell than this (PCB, Sakuya's Extra)

@Andykhang "...Well, for once (I never meet you though),"

Yea, I usually might show up in certain content revisions sometimes.

"I do agree that saying manipulation of night and day being time manipulation is abit overkill...IMO, at best she's manipulating the amount of light that's hitting the current zone (you still need border as high as the atmosphere though),"

Its best to say Day and Night Manipulation for that.

"...unless she somehow bring the moon even when there shouldn't be any."

Lunarians did not allow her to something like that sadly.

"Oneiric Reality and singularity is also overkill though (it's more like the border just take in the projectile that's coming to it, turn it into energy to then be fired right back)."

Oneiric Reality is a sub-power of Subjective Reality (the boundary of Fantasy & Reality and yes, this term is actually a thing) which Yukari has manipulated w/ her BM before & inducing Singularities is not the same of being a Singularity (Resistance of Mimicry). Also, that's basically inducing a Singularity + Energy Absorption + Attack Reflection (since Yukari's gaps are used offensively & defensively) at once.

"Remember that she haven't done any feat that would fully point to that yet. Also it's not like she performed Matter and Anti-Matter Manip either...from what I see, she literally just manipulated matter/anti-matter boundary, or the state of matter that's opposite but equally valid to each other."

Manipulating both Matter & Anti-Matter basically caused the explosion in the first place.

"Objective Barrier is literally the advance version of 2D and 3D,"

I'm not sure how "Objective Barrier" relates to Dimensional Manipulaton.

"as for Life and Death, it's only shown that she used it to tamper with the boundary between Gensokyo and Neitherworld."

Mk, so your point is?

"Finally, Yin and Yang is too wide of the nest to cast that it's implied that she could do a ton of thing that we didn't see yet in that nature: That would take alot of proof."

Btw and IIRC, Yin & Yang Manipulation and Spiritual Awareness is a sub-power of Onmyodo, so that should be mentioned in Yukari's notable techniques in the description of her Onmyodo.

"Edit:...Oh yeah, the Imperishable Night event. That would certainly be the application of time manip then."

Explain.

"Yeah, you better off arguing about Yukari's border of Heaven and Hell than this (PCB, Sakuya's Extra)" I rather continue with this than argue about that.

Day/Night Boundary: Yukari (and Reimu, IIRC), used this ability to extend the night (hence, Imperishable Night), due to the fact that the moon suddenly become fake disturb the Youkai. Since the real moon is still really much there, as Eirin only replace it, it could be said to be a form of Time Manipulation.

Oneiric Reality: Still, not much example of her actually affecting the world through dream, reality-bending-wending way. The boudary itself is so that the outside world doesn't affect them, and vice-versa. The best we see is that she take thing from dream to reality, like the earthquake fish spell card.

Singularity: Again, with what she does, she doesn't need singularity if all she does is opening a gap and let stuff in (I don't remember projectile being visibly altered into the gap). Attack refletion and energy absorbtion is okay though.

Matter/Anti-Matter: Yeah, but not in a traditional sense. Instead of packing her gap with matter and antimatter, she literally imbued her gap with the border, so that there're 2 gap, opposite yet equally valid to each other, IMO...So, yeah, it's Anti-Matter Manip, but right now, it's only applicable to her gap, at least according to what we see. (I personally believe myself though, and it's probably possible to prove that she could imbued that gap onto normal matter, but that's your thing)

Objective Barrier, as a spell card, is literally the advance version of the "2D and 3D" spell card she made. So, at best, it's only her upgraded application of that same spell card.

Life and Death: My point is, it's only to the extend that the living could visit the realm of the death, and vice-versa, IIRC. She have not shown it to the extend of literally instakill someone with that border, yet (she definitively could instakill with many other way though)

Yin and Yang:...Come to think again, that's fine. Yin & Yang is a very wide nest though, with application both OP and relatively mundane, so you have to bring specific example so that people understand where that thing come from. Spiritual awareness is fine too.

Darkness/Light manip: What sometimes, example outside of the spell card please?

Motion/Stillness: Example outside of spell card, also (Yukari is one of those case where just taking the spellcard as face value really isn't enough)

In the end, BM is a really powerful ability, with the potential of omnipotence. Therefore, we need alot more proof for what you want to said she have, lest we fall into NLF. Powerlisting wiki only give out people who have that, and the potential for such, not whether said people is capable of doing such thing.

@Andykhang Sorry for the late reply.

Dude, that clearly isn't Time Manipulation if you're trying to imply it but rather just Day & Night Manipulation.

Or we could just give Yukari Subjective Reality in her powers & abilities since Oneiric Reality is basically the sub-power of it and the term might be a bit too complicated to fully understand anyways.

Okay, I guess we can only keep Attack Reflection & Energy Absorption then.

Just remember that Google made this self-explanatory:

"Antimatter and matter combine in chemical reaction. Mixing antimatter and matter usually has predictably violent consequences ― the two annihilate one another in a fierce burst of energy. ... Charged antimatter particles share the same mass as their normal-matter counterparts but bear the opposite charge"

Yukari is getting Anti-Matter Manipulation as well.

All right, I get it.

We could give Yukari "Possible Death Inducement and Resurrection" for this one.

It should be mentioned it under Yukari's Onmyōdō technique about the Yin and Yang Manipulation & Spiritual Awareness.

Be specific about what you meant for Darkness/Light manip.

I was suggesting on giving Yukari "Possible Paralysis Inducement" for this one.

I did show you the proof, dude it is on top of the thread where I mentioned all of this in the first place.

"More proof, please :)", Basically.

...I guess you could considered Gensokyo a type of Subjective Reality. Though you will not added that she could control the world through Gensokyo, or the dream world either. Just that Gensokyo's creation is her demonstration of Subjective Reality in the specific sense that she manipulate the border of reality/fantasy. (though it's more like the boundary of common sense)

Do you think Yukari's "Gap" are considered "Matter"? Unless you could prove that what applied on her gap could totally applied on the object around her, you will have to do with this specific type.

I mean aside from spell card, what other example does Yukari exhibit her manipulation of Dark/Light.

Beside, I don't think any moderator would come to here for any time soon.

@Andykhang

Its possible to take that into consideration.

Not sure about that for Yukari's gaps.

From what I know, hardly since the majority of Touhou characters powers & abilities usually relies on spell cards.

• Kaguya's Eternity Manipulation is on the Elixir and Eientei pre-IN*
  • Sakuya have been known to used her power to expand the house and paradoxically used it to clean the house*
  • Reimu literally float all the time an incident happen*
  • Miko have to wear an earmuff because hearing 10 people at once hurt her ears*
  • Tenshi's power literally cause an incident*
  • Yukari's obvious implication on Gensokyo at a whole*
  • Alice's known for using her doll to assist housework*
  • Mamizou regularly disguised herself as human.*
  • Kogasa have an occupation to scare people (unsuccessfully)*
And many many more. In constrast, the best I could said about Yukari Light/Dark is that she's able to create laser.

Again, some of the cast already create Laser (Shou even make the imfamous curvy laser), so that in itself isn't special. Beside, that would only count toward the light part of Light/Dark, so you also need to find the example of dark (for example: the Day/Night one is good)

This thread does not seem to lead anywhere. It might be best if I close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back