• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah unless there's something else I'm forgetting, this is a stomp since he can't weaken Yujiro enough to deathblow

Closing

Thread blocked me, epic.

1. Sigurd is just straight up wrong. You can deathblow people from full health, like I said you can just parry/disorient/etc. Some people can survive a Deathblow, this is called Immortality Type 2. In the event of that, rinse and repeat. Misinformation.

2. @KGrif The only real explanation for Deathblow is finding an opening in the armor and stabbing as many vital organs as humanly possible, something I don't see Yujiro surviving.

Sorry for delayed response, Wiki was murdering my response.

Ehh i'm not wrong at all.

Deathblow is an execution move that he does ingame against people he's weakened or people who's unaware of him for a stealth kill or a whole health bar against tankier people.

The whole posture system is a unique game mechanic where you just block and parry until posture is broken in order to deathblow someone.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Deathblow is an execution move that he does ingame against people he's weakened or people he's unaware of.

The whole posture system is a unique game mechanic where you just block and parry until posture is broken in order to deathblow someone.
Yeah, you are. You can initiate a Deathblow on a full health enemy, see: Gyoubu's boss fight. You'd have to be crazy to try to fight him without the Firecracker spam, you can just keep doing that until you Deathblow him. This isn't an unusual thing, either. If you knew how it worked then you'd know that yeah, it's about posture, not health. They can be at full health and still be Deathblowed.

Deathblow is an execution move that he does ingame against people he's weakened or people who's unaware of.

If that's the case, then this is a stomp like @Schnee said.

it isn't the case still, read my words

Mr. Bambu said:
Yeah, you are. You can initiate a Deathblow on a full health enemy, see: Gyoubu's boss fight. You'd have to be crazy to try to fight him without the Firecracker spam, you can just keep doing that until you Deathblow him. This isn't an unusual thing, either. If you knew how it worked then you'd know that yeah, it's about posture, not health. They can be at full health and still be Deathblowed.
Please don't assume I don't how the game works if you are i've beaten it like 2-3 times. I personally didn't spam firecrackers.

Breaking the posture of the enemy is the core element of the game, you can't just walk up to most bosses and instantly kill them. There is even fodder that can survive if I recall.

" The only real explanation for Deathblow is finding an opening in the armor and stabbing as many vital organs as humanly possible, something I don't see Yujiro surviving."

This doesn't really change what I said, in order for him to do that he needs to find an opening or in other words break his posture since stealth is out of the question because Yujiro has enhanced senses.

Why? They literally give you the hint right before it and it makes Gyoubu a cakewalk

Obviously this is the case. I didn't say this, so I don't know why you're telling me. In fact I said the same thing as you- posture breaking is the core idea. So you haven't countered what I said. You do not need to damage an enemy to Deathblow them. Never is this the case. Stealth isn't out of the question when Wolf can just counter senses through several means, see firecrackers, et al.

Mr. Bambu said:
Please don't assume I don't how the game works if you are i've beaten it like 2-3 times. I personally didn't spam firecrackers.
Breaking the posture of the enemy is the core element of the game, you can't just walk up to most bosses and instantly kill them. There is even fodder that can survive if I recall.

" The only real explanation for Deathblow is finding an opening in the armor and stabbing as many vital organs as humanly possible, something I don't see Yujiro surviving."

This doesn't really change what I said, in order for him to do that he needs to find an opening or in other words break his posture since stealth is out of the question because Yujiro has enhanced senses.
Right, and add to the fact that Yujiro has a Sixth Sense that warns him of danger, which Wolf hasn't even come across, let alone been shown to be able to answer

See above, I've spoken about that already.

Epic rebuttal bro

Why is anyone voting for anyone? This is no less of a stomp than it was several hours ago. Wolf can incap all 5 of Yujiro's senses, and he'd still have his Sixth Sense and detect Wolf. He can't sneak up on him, he can't damage him, so no Deathblow and no win con for Wolf

My vote doesn't rely on sneaking up on him, and he can absolutely still deathblow him.

All he needs is for Yujiro to be staggered and he can jam a sword through his neck. That's all it really takes for a good swordsman.

DMUA said:
All he needs is for Yujiro to be staggered and he can jam a sword through his neck. That's all it really takes for a good swordsman.
With a stomp-worthy AP in base, how is Yujiro going to be staggered by anything?

> Stomp worthy

First of all, no. He's well above Wolf, sure, but their calcs are almost 1:1.

Second off, lifting strength. Wolf can easily push Yujiro around thanks to having well over 10x (an understatement to say the least) his Lifting Strength.

Schnee One said:
Yeets Kettlecor
Yeeting some Kettlecorn is all well and good, but as you can see, we've gotten to the point where Wolf and Yujiro are somehow 1:1, even though 6.3x10^13 J is 15 KT, and Wolf is 6.7x10^13, which would make Wolf Oliva levels of strength...

For one thing, Oliva scales to 6 Kilotons from... being beaten up by Yujiro, I guess, and making vague quakes that don't actually have any scans on the profile, so I can't tell if they'd actually qualify for being that level.

So Yujiro doesn't scale up nearly as much as you're making it out to be, they're totally comparable, and with a blade, comparable opponents would definitely be able to kill eachother with the right strike

Guys, don't bother voting, it's a stomp. Yujiro can oneshot in base, without some kind of dura neg, Wolf can't even hurt Yujiro, and Yujiro massively outskills. It's straight up not fair

DMUA said:
For one thing, Oliva scales to 6 Kilotons from... being beaten up by Yujiro, I guess, and making vague quakes that don't actually have any scans on the profile, so I can't tell if they'd actually qualify for being that level.
So Yujiro doesn't scale up nearly as much as you're making it out to be, they're totally comparable, and with a blade, comparable opponents would definitely be able to kill eachother with the right strike
No, Oliva scales to 15 KT, we already discussed this.

Yujiro is vastly above 15 KT in base, vastly above 60 KT in DB

Amlad22 said:
Notable statements of Oliva's power come from Yujiro and Baki. Yujiro states that Oliva is strong enough that he "wouldn't want to be hit by him head on" and this is later backed up when Oliva takes a hit from Yujiro and gets back up showing that a semi serious Yujiro and Oliva are comparable.
Later on in SOO Baki directly compares Oliva's raw strength to Base Pickle. The same Pickle who matched and in all honesty overpowered a semi serious Yujiro. Again backing up the idea that Oliva is somewhat comparable to semi serious Yujiro.

We also have the fact that Oliva could harm and make Nomi bleed with a punch.
^

... when was Yujiro suppressed from that earthquake feat

He doesn't have any power limiting method, all we see is the ground shakes, he bends down and punches it once. It's casual but it's not like it's this suppressed state where he would have a whole scaling chain above it

That requires him to not act like Yujiro and use the demon back before he leaves even a single deathblow opening, which, while possible, doesn't seem likely in contrast to Sekiro using something to stagger then go for the throat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back