• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Bambu said:
Deathblows aren't always from behind, just the easy-to-get ones are (see: stealth murder). All a Deathblow really is is just generally gutting an enemy with your weapon, killing them. You can do it from the front, from above, or any direction, it's more about catching an enemy with it than the direction it's initiated from.
Why do they have higher AP then? You can one shot people comparable to you if you stab them in a vital organ

I didn't say he was higher AP, I said he could one-shot people with comparable AP.

Schnee One said:
So you're not saying he has higher AP with deathblows?
Not atm, no, but he may as well have it when he can one-shot.

Yeah that's what I mean, He one shot people comparable by striking vital organs after impaling them, which makes sense

My issue comes from me not being sure if he can even pierce Yuhiro's skin, given Yujiro grabbed Musashi Miyamoto (Baki)'s blades without being scratched

Schnee One said:
Yeah that's what I mean, He one shot people comparable by striking vital organs after impaling them, which makes sense
My issue comes from me not being sure if he can even pierce Yuhiro's skin, given Yujiro grabbed Musashi Miyamoto (Baki)'s blades without being scratched
Grabbing a slashing weapon is different than stopping a piercing weapon, tbf. If it's decided that he can't then sure, point ceded ig, but that does seem weird for people with calcs exceedingly close to each other. If it comes down to that then ig put him against a non-Yujiro character?

Grabbing a blade mid swing involves having you literally stop the momentum dead in its tracks, I can link a moment if you want to get a better idea.

They are close problem is there's a lot of upscaling from that feat. Miyamoto scales to a very casual Yujiro, Serious Yujiro Stomps people on that level

Sadly I don't think there's many, outside of maybe Musashi

Welp then Wolf has to deal with 0.5sU, Instinctive Reaction, Analytical Prediction, Aiki, XiaoLee, Sangan, Pressure Points that can one-shot you, Information Analysis, a very notable skill advantage, and all the other stuff.

On top of all those things he has to deal with, forget Yujiro grabbing the sword without getting cut, Musashi outright said that he couldn't cut his collarbone. Skin, definitely. Muscles, tough, as they are comparable to Pickle, who escaped Sword Sim slashes with bruises as opposed to cutting. Bone? No.

Yujiro has so many skill techniques, he might have just control his muscles to grab the back of blade and not actual edge

SpookyShadow said:
Yujiro has so many skill techniques, he might have just control his muscles to grab the back of blade and not actual edge
By God, you're right! How could I have been this blind...

Basically you can grab blade without making exact contact with edge. It's even easier with katanas as they possess only a single edge. I'm sure someone as skilled ad Yujiro could just grab the sword in palm like that

SpookyShadow said:
Basically you can grab blade without making exact contact with edge. It's even easier with katanas as they possess only a single edge. I'm sure someone as skilled ad Yujiro could just grab the sword in palm like that
I could definitely see that being the case for when Musashi uses his real swords. Someone could honestly tell me either way and I'd believe it

I plan to post a video that neatly summarizes Musashi v Yujiro (it cuts out all the Musashi blathering about being number 1 and Yujiro with his big dick energy saying lolnope)

Schnee One said:
Grabbing a blade mid swing involves having you literally stop the momentum dead in its tracks, I can link a moment if you want to get a better idea.
They are close problem is there's a lot of upscaling from that feat. Miyamoto scales to a very casual Yujiro, Serious Yujiro Stomps people on that level

Sadly I don't think there's many, outside of maybe Musashi
I don't doubt the swing thing, but that's different than a stab. Surface area comes into play. If this is truly a situation where a 16 KT can't pierce the skin of a 15 KT then cool, I can close this and another match can be made if needed, but keep in mind that stopping a stab is immensely better than stopping a slash.

Stabbing is not what Katana's are made for though, in fact they're very poor stabbing weapons compared to other weapons, they're made for slashing

Schnee One said:
Stabbing is not what Katana's are made for though, in fact they're very poor slashing weapons compared to other weapons.
That's not actually relevant to the point. Wolf does stab, it's done in most deathblows. The surface area of a stab is significantly less than the surface area of a slash. Ergo it is easier to penetrate the skin.

BakiHanma18 said:
On top of all those things he has to deal with, forget Yujiro grabbing the sword without getting cut, Musashi outright said that he couldn't cut his collarbone. Skin, definitely. Muscles, tough, as they are comparable to Pickle, who escaped Sword Sim slashes with bruises as opposed to cutting. Bone? No.
@Bambu I see, how's this?

Again, cutting isn't exactly piercing. I'm fine if this is deemed a stomp, idrc and frankly this Baki fellow has a note on his page saying he'd rather not debate me, so I assume it'd make his life easier, too.

I'm just making sure you guys are understanding the logistics, stopping a slash isn't the same as stopping a stab. Not by a longshot.

Cutting doesn't mean slashing in the context that was spoken, Musashi stated that as in he couldn't damage his bones.

Reason I didn't state it was a stomp yet is because it's absolutely possible to impale organs without striking Bone and if I recall Wolf goes for the heart.

Secondly Wolf IIRC can null enhanced senses when he goes stealth, meaning he gets a free hit on Yujiro.

Not always the heart, but yeah, he probably needs to get past a bone or two. Aight. I'll shut it down, then?

Schnee One said:
Cutting doesn't mean slashing in the context that was spoken, Musashi stated that as in he couldn't damage his bones.
Reason I didn't state it was a stomp yet is because it's absolutely possible to impale organs without striking Bone and if I recall Wolf goes for the heart.

Secondly Wolf IIRC can null enhanced senses when he goes stealth, meaning he gets a free hit on Yujiro.
Right, if he goes for organs as opposed to any area with bone, it might be difficult to bypass his muscles, but entirely doable, as seen in Musashi v Pickle

Enhanced Sixth Sense and Instinctive Reaction might alert him, full disclosure

Mr. Bambu said:
Not always the heart, but yeah, he probably needs to get past a bone or two. Aight. I'll shut it down, then?
Not yet, if nothing stops Wolf from Stealth killing him then he may actually take this

IR can be overcome via disorientation. Instincts still require senses to function and Wolf's arsenal has a lot to negate said senses (many of which are very useful in stealth scenarios). If we're of the agreement that Wolf can just stealth stab then my vote goes to Wolf, I don't think IR actually helps in this particular instance when Wolf can negate sensory input via shit like firecrackers or just stealth that bypasses senses.

If we come to the conclusion that, no, Wolf can't pierce his skin, then yeah, not much Wolf can do.

Schnee One said:
Wolf CAN cut his skin, just not his bones
Right, right, ik, slip of the tongue or whatever the equivalent is in text. You get what I mean though, if it is possible for Wolf to deathblow, then I see no reason why he won't.

Could you please explain to me how deathblow happens? Is that like a stealth move? Because, if so, both opponents start aware of each other by SBA.

KGiffoni said:
Could you please explain to me how deathblow happens? Is that like a stealth move? Because, if so, both opponents start aware of each other by SBA.
Plus with Yujiro's Enhanced Sixth, he's able to detect Wolf

KGiffoni said:
Just an execution move for enemies that are fatally wounded as far as I remember. Or most unaware enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back