• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hmm, Deku has this in stats generally: greater AP, lifting strength, stamina, and intelligence means he could reliable just beat Yuji down. Yuji does take this, however, in skill (as both a properly trained martial artist and generally more experience actually engaging in H2H) and I would argue endurance being able to keep fighting after taking a fatal attack where Deku normally just fights through serious injury.

That all said, I'd probably give this to Deku. While Yuji would defintely take this if he landed a black flash, that's his only reliable means to victory and I struggle to believe he could get into the proper mindset against a character like Deku. Even more than that, while Yuji is a naturally dirty fighter and makes great use of his environment, Deku has engaged with battles similarly and Yuji doesn't really have anything unique enough to throw Deku off well enough.

My vote is for Deku.

Deku leaps all over the place and blasts Yuji eternally with Air Force and an AP gap over 2.7x since 8% is > 5% = 711 tons.

Analytical Prediction and far better mobility negs most of Yuji’s kit.

Yeah, I don't think Itadori stands much of a chance at all. Especially when starting 50 meters away. So I'll vote for the lamer mc Deku too.

Though it might be worth it to take into account that one hit from Itadori could just curse Izuku and cause him to slowly die. Just don't think he's likely to land a single hit if they start 50 entire meters apart. He's practically set up for failure at that distance.

I'm confident Yuji could actually hit Deku. His preferred style of fighting is up close and personal, and as I said earlier, Yuji is a more skilled H2H combatant since he's properly trained for it and does engage with a skillfully exchanging blows. Deku is more a bruiser.

Yuji's problem here is just that Deku's AP advantage and better kit allows him to wear Yuji down while really minimizing his own damage. And while we know curses can make you sick pretty quickly, I don't think sorcerer's making others sick is quick enough to really be combat applicable.

I'm confident Yuji could actually hit Deku. His preferred style of fighting is up close and personal, and as I said earlier, Yuji is a more skilled H2H combatant since he's properly trained for it and does engage with a skillfully exchanging blows. Deku is more a bruiser.

Yuji's problem here is just that Deku's AP advantage and better kit allows him to wear Yuji down while really minimizing his own damage. And while we know curses can make you sick pretty quickly, I don't think sorcerer's making others sick is quick enough to really be combat applicable.
They start 50 meters apart. It's unlikely they'd ever get the opportunity for close quarters combat.

The cursing stuff usually works pretty quick though. Maki after just grazing the tooth of a curse was unable to stand after less than a minute and her leg was already starting to transmute into a bunch of eyeballs albeit a small portion.

Deku doen't start off with his finger flicks is the thing though. Deku normally tries to fight fist to fist at this stage as seen in all his fights leading up to the Joint training arc. He only goes for a range normally when his ability to get close is limited as we saw in his gentle fight where Gentile's barrier's made it hard for him to get up close and personal

Deku doen't start off with his finger flicks is the thing though. Deku normally tries to fight fist to fist at this stage as seen in all his fights leading up to the Joint training arc. He only goes for a range normally when his ability to get close is limited as we saw in his gentle fight where Gentile's barrier's made it hard for him to get up close and personal
Deku leaps all over the place and blasts Yuji eternally with Air Force and an AP gap over 2.7x since 8% is > 5% = 711 tons.

Analytical Prediction and far better mobility negs most of Yuji’s kit.
I was under the impression from this comment that he'd start with that instead of running in 50 meters to engage in close combat.

If he does though, the Curse would kick in pretty kick and disable him within a minutes time.

He’s good enough at fighting to keep up with Itadori, mainly due to his movements and predictions. Like when he judged the length of Stain’s sword swing to go between his legs then enter his blind spot with a jump when he only unlocked Full Cowl that day and having never seen the guy fight before. Deku isn’t some idiot that can’t fight and gets stomped if you know karate, his Gran Torino based “bounce off everything rapidly” fighting style is meant to keep him from getting hit easily.

He would engage Yuji in cqc, recognize his skill, then start using Air Force and realize bro has no counter to it. Then it’s just a matter of keeping him contained and limiting his movements with more Air Force blasts since they are a huge advantage that he will 10000% capitalize on.

He’s good enough at fighting to keep up with Itadori, mainly due to his movements and predictions. Like when he judged the length of Stain’s sword swing to go between his legs then enter his blind spot with a jump when he only unlocked Full Cowl that day and having never seen the guy fight before. Deku isn’t some idiot that can’t fight and gets stomped if you know karate, his Gran Torino based “bounce off everything rapidly” fighting style is meant to keep him from getting hit easily.
I don't think Deku is some idiot who gets stomped because Yuji is a more skilled hand to hand fighter than him. There's a reason I point out in my original argument for all of this that I believe Deku will win. At the same time however, Deku very pointedly doesn't need to play the range game with Yuji to win this, nor would he. Deku does not fight like a skirmisher, he fights up close and personal for as much as he can and only works from a range when he's forced to work from a range. Looking at all of his fights after he aquires full-cowling and his air-blast he does not bother with trying for range. Hell, against Shigiraki, the guy who specifically we would imagine he wants to play the range game with, he instead focuses on relying on overwhelming with his greater AP instead. That's what he'll focus on his fight with Yuji. So even though he'll for sure eat some attacks because just as Yuji's own fighting style isn't anything special to Deku nor is Deku's fighting style anything special for Yuji. We literally have a canonical fight for this Yuji where he has to work around the fact his opponent wants to fight at mid-range and Yuji only really struggles the way he does because the attack themselves are treated as above his own speed. Deku doesn't have that, so his ranged option with air blast isn't anything special that Yuji can't overcome just by dodging even if Deku decided for some reason to try and play a ranged game.

I'm gonna vote for Deku since with all his advantages winning is more likely, but there's also the chance of Deku blocking a supposedly weak punch only to get Black Flashed leading to a Yuji W. Not to mention there's no visual tell a hit is going to be a black Flash since it happens upon contact. Even reading Yuji's expression/movements won't tell, since not even he can know for sure when a Black Flash is going to happen.

Last edited:
Well if we are saying he'd in-character go in for close combat, I think Itadori winning is a lot more feasible now. One hit and Deku would be cursed and slowly lose his ability to fight before dying.

I don't think Deku is some idiot who gets stomped because Yuji is a more skilled hand to hand fighter than him. There's a reason I point out in my original argument for all of this that I believe Deku will win. At the same time however, Deku very pointedly doesn't need to play the range game with Yuji to win this, nor would he. Deku does not fight like a skirmisher, he fights up close and personal for as much as he can and only works from a range when he's forced to work from a range. Looking at all of his fights after he aquires full-cowling and his air-blast he does not bother with trying for range. Hell, against Shigiraki, the guy who specifically we would imagine he wants to play the range game with, he instead focuses on relying on overwhelming with his greater AP instead. That's what he'll focus on his fight with Yuji. So even though he'll for sure eat some attacks because just as Yuji's own fighting style isn't anything special to Deku nor is Deku's fighting style anything special for Yuji. We literally have a canonical fight for this Yuji where he has to work around the fact his opponent wants to fight at mid-range and Yuji only really struggles the way he does because the attack themselves are treated as above his own speed. Deku doesn't have that, so his ranged option with air blast isn't anything special that Yuji can't overcome just by dodging even if Deku decided for some reason to try and play a ranged game.
Deku fought as a “skirmisher” as much as he could against Nine, spamming Air Force blasts far more than his kicks when he realized his fisticuffs weren’t working. Anytime he goes in to fight and has a struggle, he falls back and uses Air Force, it’s just that everyone he fights has some ridiculous ability that keeps him from spamming them. Nine had better range on top of it being a 2v1 so he was doing anything he could to tire him out, and Flect bounced Air Force away. Gentle was faster than him on top of needing to keep the fight controlled + it being his first time using them.

In Joint Training he was going for Air Force as his first option until Blackwhip showed up, so starting with Air Force is absolutely something he would do.

And Shigaraki is not a good comparison for how Deku usually fights, as his ranged attacks don’t hurt Shigaraki, they’re too weak. Only 100% hits work on him and he HAS to stay close to Shigaraki to make sure he doesn’t kill everyone they’re fighting near. Even now, he has to keep Shigaraki near him and wrapped up cause if he breaks away too far, Shigaraki runs off and kills other people or touches the ground and decay nukes Japan.

Going into cqc then backing out for Air Force usage, or even just starting with Air Force to gauge his opponent, is absolutely things that Deku does. He prefers fighting with his body but as shown against Nine, he is more than open to rapid spam Air Force attacks if they’re more effective.

Yuji does have a win-con in the blackflash because he could pop it off at any point in this fight and if he did, he would take Deku down and actually in just wailing on him. It's just super difficult for Yuji to reach either win-con.
Do you think Yuji is certain to land at least one strike? If so, I would again like to bring up the potency of curses on people with no resistance.
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg

Just a few pages after being cut, and Maki already collapsed nearly unconscious, and was at risk of dying.

If we're under the impression Itadori won't land a single hit, that's fine then. He won't have to worry about it. But if he can land one, or hell, even a few, his ability to fight back would become impaired extremely quick.

Deku wins, but Yuji is about to finally get a power up, at this point no one would care if he suddenly had a bankai.
Wouldn't it have been better to wait a little?

Do you think Yuji is certain to land at least one strike? If so, I would again like to bring up the potency of curses on people with no resistance.
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg

Just a few pages after being cut, and Maki already collapsed nearly unconscious, and was at risk of dying.

If we're under the impression Itadori won't land a single hit, that's fine then. He won't have to worry about it. But if he can land one, or hell, even a few, his ability to fight back would become impaired extremely quick.
I believe he will for sure land one punch, however, I do not at the moment agree with treating the cursed energy used by sorcerer's in their normal attacks the same as that of cursed spirits. The way that sorcerer's utilize cursed energy doesn't seem to have that same impact that the way that curses utilize cursed energy. Seen in the goodwill arc where Maki engages in battle with sorcerer's and is even hurt by the cursed energy of her sister but seems to suffer no adverse consequences from it.

But even going with the idea that Deku would begin to suffer adverse affects, I also think due to the Ap difference that Yuji would be dragged down as well from his own wounds and damage. And since Deku has pretty good stamina when it comes to dealing with adverse affects, he could afford to push through and keep up his fighting with Itadori effectively.

I believe he will for sure land one punch, however, I do not at the moment agree with treating the cursed energy used by sorcerer's in their normal attacks the same as that of cursed spirits. The way that sorcerer's utilize cursed energy doesn't seem to have that same impact that the way that curses utilize cursed energy. Seen in the goodwill arc where Maki engages in battle with sorcerer's and is even hurt by the cursed energy of her sister but seems to suffer no adverse consequences from it.

But even going with the idea that Deku would begin to suffer adverse affects, I also think due to the Ap difference that Yuji would be dragged down as well from his own wounds and damage. And since Deku has pretty good stamina when it comes to dealing with adverse affects, he could afford to push through and keep up his fighting with Itadori effectively.
In character deku won't kill his opponents. Can deku control his power down to the point he won't kill Yuji?

Tbh I think curses overall seem a bit inconsistent...
Yuji's like known for his stamina. And having good resilience to physical injuries isn't the same as fighting through a curse that has effects like transmuting your body, causing exhaustion, and death in like a minute.

In character deku won't kill his opponents. Can deku control his power down to the point he won't kill Yuji?
At this point, for sure.
Yuji's like known for his stamina. And having good resilience to physical injuries isn't the same as fighting through a curse that has effects like transmuting your body, causing exhaustion, and death in like a minute.
Yuji has good stamina feats, Deku just has better. While I said above Yuji is probably more resilent, being able to fight through a fatal wound, Deku has shown far better stamina in the realm that he was able to force himself to keep fighting with two severly broken arms and dashing across the battlefield like a madman about three arcs before the Deku in this key. Deku can battle against the exhaustion incurred by a curse and still put up an effective fight against Yuji and get his win.

Yuji has good stamina feats, Deku just has better. While I said above Yuji is probably more resilent, being able to fight through a fatal wound, Deku has shown far better stamina in the realm that he was able to force himself to keep fighting with two severly broken arms and dashing across the battlefield like a madman about three arcs before the Deku in this key. Deku can battle against the exhaustion incurred by a curse and still put up an effective fight against Yuji and get his win.
I think exhaustion from physical movement is different from a curse just draining you of your stamina. That said, it won't help much against the transmutation or the fact it's even just fatal akin to poison which will kill regardless of stamina. Don't think stamina will help much against sudden less of consciousness either.

Back