• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugioh Upgrade Thread Revival

99% sure everything you just said is still being discussed.

Also, didn't Dark649 point out that Dartz accidentally debunks the idea that the ATK points even matter?

Hell, Pegasus has a reality warping battle woth Bakura irl without any duel monster card thingies, and dark games were literally killing Yugi's soul in their duel.

@Mega

I think you read my reply wrong. I wasn't asking or telling you to justify Victini. I was noting Victini out to be another example to how infinite energy doesn't mean you are tier 3 and saying no one had a counter or answer for this.

And as Somebody pointed out, those verses like Undertake and Puella are different because of stuff like rewriting the Multiverse. Even if they werent, it would come down to either or. But like I said before, other threads about the other verses can be made as its off-topic.

@Rapid

Like Somebody again pointed out, the scaling for Champa is legit because hes being scaled from actual 3-As and 3-A feats. The same cannot be said for Yugioh here, which is why their scaling is not at all legit.

Read the entire thread after my long while gone.

I must say, these debates between the two of ya really are something else.

Anywho, Kukui has not posted any proof to back his claims like always, i gotta give my support to team upgrade just for that. There is a lot more value in actually presenting proof for something than just screaming that it is an outlier for vague reasons at best.

Somebody didnt point out shit, he just said that there are other elements that back up the usual tierings of stats and ranks in those verses, NOT that they didnt scale.

An A in the Jojoverse still means you are MFTL, A extra in the Puella Verse means you have infinite in that stat, etc.

In Yugioh it is not different, no matter how much you try to tell yourself that.

The amount of AP Aka applied energy to cause some sort of damage is crearly visible on the links i will post yet again.

https://youtu.be/_sX_3BVpv-Y?t=12m18s

https://youtu.be/_sX_3BVpv-Y?t=13m13s

The value is increased a infinity times over you like it or not, it is not just "reserved" energy, it is cleaely applied and used to cause legit damage, unlike DB`´s Androids.

They have ininite Energy but cannot use them in a way that causes infinite AP.

>Which cannot be said for Yugioh

You are literally making stuff up as you go, and you are wrong.

Either write a decent argument or ill really just call some more admins to the thread to end this charade of yours.

Then you must not be following what literally 99% of this wiki goes by (and I mean this in the most civil respectful way possible). I'll put this bluntely but kindly.

What needs to be understood here is the fact that my job is NOT to prove this is an outlier. Its no ones job to prove something is an outlier as you are essentially asking them to prove a negative. That isnt how this works. In stat revision threads, if someone calls out/asks if a rating is consistent, its the opposing sides job to prove it ISNT an outlier. They are the ones claiming its legit, consistent and not an outlier, so they are the ones who must provide evidence to prove a positive. If they cannot disprove a negative, then nothing is going to be happening.

And given how this thread has gone, none of that is happening yet.

@Rapid

Thats kind of what pointing stuff out is though. And if he is correct, that is very very different from whats going on here with Yugioh. That said, if you believe this is the same as them, then make a CRT for those verses to have their statisics be revised as well. It's off topic.

For your links, they literally don't prove its different from DB's Androids, unless your arguing the Andriods attacks dont cause battle damage all of a sudden? And for the "infinite times over stuff", its not my concern if it does or not. I don't care if it does because it has nothing to do with my argument. The problem, your not addressing is the fact that you can't do an AP feat, apply infinite energy to it, and slap on 3-A. That isnt, for the 100th time, how the tiering works. I can easily say the same thing for the andriods in that they do a casual 5-B feat but because they have infinite energy I can abuse it to mean 3-A. Thats not how this goes.

And finally, given how theres like 6 staff members here and none of them support these upgrades, calling more staff here isn't going to really help.

Lemme debunk your "argument" while we wait.

my job is NOT to prove this is an outlier.

It is since you claimed it to be you claimed a positive on it being a negative, ive posted proof of the feats being true and applicable to raw AP, aka, ive proven a possitive. But, this is no court.

Most other verses dont have to deal with this because people who discuss those verses actually know what they are talking about.

its the opposing sides job to prove it ISNT an outlier. They are the ones claiming its legit,

Thats the thing, ive already proven it is not an outlier based on the other feats you simply ignore.

And given how this thread has gone, none of that is happening yet.

This is because of you, not anyone else.

Thats why im calling admins to check the thread.

For your first point, claiming its an outlier doesn't need evidence behind it because again, its not my job to prove a negative. Its the people arguing for the upgrades to prove their positive. Most other verses not dealing with this? That is very, very false. You'd be surprise with how many other verses go through this because of their material, consistency and outliers.

And no you havent proven it isnt an outlier. That is the issue. Literally every single feat you've brought forth in this thread to attempt so is still being discussed for being incredibly flawed and questionable. Somebody even addressed this above.

Finally, so what if its because of me? No offense, but I have the right to question any material I see flaws in no matter if people agree or disagree with me, like everyone else. If I see an issue, im going to address (and in some cases argue) it instead of blindily and lazily go with the majority. And as for calling more staff, we already have 6+ of them here to see the thread, all of whom are perfectly capable of giving their input about the topic.

Yeah, no shit.

Just look at both sides.

One has posted scans, direct feed and translations.

The other has just said everything is an outlier without posting anything that backs him up.

Gee i wonder

Just accept the upgrades and let this thread die.

What makes you think he'll agree to anything? You can't force him, and you can't enforce your own changes to the page cause they'll get undone and you'll suffer something for trying.

We could just always do the final thing if we can't clean the users and just ban this specific debate altogether.

How about this, we make a staff thread, both Rapid and Megaboy post their evidence and Kukui and I post our side, let the debate end with that.

Ok. I'm thinking I'll make the thread, and we each get say a day just to organize the information. Then I'll highlight it.

Also regardless of what is decided, we've already agreed on a few things right? (Like Shadow Games being Pocket Reality Manipulation and losing in one being a sort of Soul BFR in the animeverse)

Yeah, i think we can all agree on that for now.

There are other things aside from AP that need discussion like each Millenium Item's exclusive hax (Like Mind Control for marik and Luck Manip for yugi).

Yeah abilities aren't an issue here, I agree with them (matter of fact there may be more that havent been brought up. I may've found something for Yugi and Atem but i'll wait until the other AP stuff is done to mention it).

Back