• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yugioh Upgrade Thread Revival

I think enough time has passed since the massive shitstorm from last month.

This thead is meant to continue the disussion and eventually, the implementation of the upgrades discussed on these threads:

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1435301

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1433375

The upgrades being discussed is 3-A for MANGA Yugi based on the movie DARK SIDE OF DIMENSIONS

A summary of the feats can be found in my blog https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:RapidMotorcycle19/Yugioh_3-A_Prana

-Resistance to existence erasure with the new duel disk

-Obelisk being able to destroy a Multi Universal Dimension on his own.

-Time Travel for Kaiba

-Atem reversed Prana on his own as he returned, which has been shown consistently to be 3-A.

And a overall upgrade for ANIME Yugi. (From High 3-A to 2-C) based on the Movie/Novel PYRAMID OF LIGHT and the finale of YU-GI-OH GX.

-Pyramid of Light has Shining Dragon use its effects in real life, which scales to Infinite Obelisk and Knight of destiny.

Infinite Obelisk is clear cut High 3-A, while Knight of destiny is either At least High 3-A or Low 2-C.

-All Millenium Item users can create dark games, which make all monsters and their effects real, as shown in the Pyramid of Light movie and novel, the opponent of versus matches should be considered a monster.

-Yugioh GX´s finale has the Phraoh´s deck create a separate timeline for Judai and Yugi to duel in, with stopped time.

-Yugi´s deck has been stated to be stronger in Spirit to any other opponent Judai has faced, which includes Yubel, who merged 12 timelines into one.

This time, i wont be as active as the other threads, since the discussion was so toxic it was almost dangerous to my health.

I'll comment on this later as im out with family at the moment but I still disagree with this for the same reasons as last time.

I'll list them if it's required.

Ill just keep this open because i dont agree with you and i think the upgrades are indeed justified-

This time, dont expect me to go on and on till the latest hours of the day repeating the same thing.

Now, you forgot to respond to the last rebuttal from a month ago before the thread was closed.

I dont know a lot about GX, but i do remember Yubel being 2-C at one point in time.

GX Yugi would have still created a different timeline to face Judai in, tho.

GX Yugi still scales to Low 2-C yes. I'm just trying to see if Yubel has any more justification for being 2-C. It would scale to the Signers of 5D's, along with Z-ONE and such. Obviously not referring to the twelve dimensional statement.... No matter how temping it is to use. I'll check later. I remember a respect thread that I forgot to link before that had excellent arguments for Multi-Universal Yubel.

Yep. It would also make GX Yugi the strongest protagonist period by a ridiculous margin, even with the other protagonists of 5D's and Duel Monsters receiving a similar scaling method.

Keep in mind that Yubel is weaker than Season 1 Yusei. Yusei's stardust , when bloodlusted, nearly killed a fusion of Judai + Yubel in one blow. Both are comparable to The Darkness physically, who was stated to be more powerful than anything prior , which would be 2-C via scaling to the Super Fusion God. Even fodder monsters were stated to have power comparable to the Big Bang and transcend space-time ... So tier 3 -2 Top-Tiers to God Tiers is not far fetched.

Code:
No... It wouldn't wcale to ZEXAL or ARC-V.

No. Paradox manipulates Yusei's Stardust into fighting Judai. He loses horribly, and would've died in one blow if it wasn't for Neos blocking the attack.

No... Judai explicitly states during their duel Yugi is above them, and shows fear dueling him just by feeling the pressure of his soul and spirit. Even during BBT, they stale Battle City Yugi is the strongest duelist, even after Yusei w/ The Full Crimson Dragon + Judai w/ Yubel were on screen. Paradox even shows more concern over the Pharoah than either, despite knowing what they are capable of. Konami even had S2 Yugi win against S5 Yusei who had Quasar in a script duel.

@Rapid

I assume your talking about this thread as the last one we were discussing this yes? If so, you should check it again. Because I was the last one to make a reply before a staff member closed it.

Anywho, I really have no opinion about the Yubel stuff, so i'll leave that out for everyone else to decide on for now at least. However, the reasons for my disagreement with Dark Side of Dimensions ratings are the same as last time. I'll sum them up:

1.) Resistance for the duel disks is incorrect. It's specifically for only Kaibas as his is the only one with the special capabilities of resisting the Planas power, no one elses. And his duel disk only resists the Plana's BFR, not erasure or else he wouldnt have been erased near the movie's end.

2.) Obelisk never destroyed a dimension thats that sized. It was at best city sized and going beyond that is using a pletora of assumptions.

3.) Kaiba didnt time travel. He went to the Afterlife (it'd be a good cross-dimensional travel ability though, just not usuable for combat sadly).

4.) Atem never reversed the Plana. The destruction of the Dark Plana cube did via Diva being defeated.

And even IF this is incorrect, its not consistent at all. Its one massively huge outlier on Atems part for being absolutely no where near this level prior to the movie and has no consistent power up or form of training to justify him being that strong. Doing this feat out of no where, casually at that, when being depicted as incredibly lower for the whole series he took part in is the textbook definition of an Outlier.

Well, as discussed before, Yugioh has some kind of relative durability.

Not to mention stardust "killing" Judai is based on DM Rules. I think the only way to determine is someone is stronger than the other is by ditect duels.

It wasn't a duel. They were fighting spirit to spirit. The only time Paradox dueled officially was against the 3 Protagonists at once .

Duel Monsters have relative durability ? Even when Judai was shown Post-Yubel fighting Duel Monsters and was even shown in S4 That an direct attack from The Darkness, which in the shadow game allows him to utilize his full power , only felt somewhat fatigued after being ripped from Yubel ? Sounds consistent enough to me IMO

The only thing i can say is that it is not allowed to upgrade characters from game mechanic stuff and Yubel greatest feat is only 5-A as the tier 2 stuff it was placed before was debunked.

What are you talking about?

Duel Monster Game Mechanics (effects) were used in real life and caused real reality warping, as shown in Pyramid of Light

You did, you just decided to ignore it.

Dark Games makes Attack Points raw ap and can damage the other dueslist directly. (Joey vs Marik for example) But since the duelist's durability is bound by card game rules, they have a relative durability.

Infinite Obelisk can reach infinite ATK and Knight of destiny cam surpass Infinite attack points.

>inb4 why didnt Yugi kill Kaiba when he used Imfinite Obelisk duuurrrr

Because one, not a dark game, and two, Yugi doesnt ******* want to kill kaiba in character.

Not to mention ******* Shining drago used its effect to destroy Anubis in both the Movie and Novel like he was a monster bound by duel monsters rules IN REAL LIFE.

Please. This is getting super ******* sad.

1.) Calm down. There is no need to be throwing slurs around and after what happened before in previous threads, we should make a much better effort to remain civil. I am and so should you please.

2.) That doesnt answer my question. What in any part of what you just said relates to tier 3? Effects being real? Much much more than that will be needed. Or the infinte ATK stuff? The knight "surpassing" infinity is either still game mechanics or that is very big hyperbole. For Obelisk, im very inclined to say this is just endless stamina as nothing points otherwise. I don't see how infinite ATK means you are able to use 3-A power.

1) Sorry man, but ive been thru this before, and most of the stuff ive said have been proven by multiple sources and even languages.

2) Obelisk has an effect that literally gives him infinite attack points. Attack Points does not mean "endless stamina" no matter hlw "inclined" you are about it, ATK points have shown to be raw ap in Dark games like in Marik vs Joey.

The effect literally is based on "Game Mechanics' (can you even call it a game mechanic when the mechanic is used in real life and in context of a fight? In that case, we should nuke the Beyblade and Touhou verses to hell.)

The Knight literally created a loop of infinity to match the fivine serpent's and then added another attack on top of it. Its literally infinity vs Infinity+1.

A bit unrelated, but shouldn't Yuya have his monsters powers (E.I. Timegazer rewind) since they're explicitly made real (albeit non-corporeal) via ARC tech?

Since I feel this is important( Thank God I decided to bing-watch Yu-Gi-Oh! ) , I will mention this accordingly ...

Capsule Monsters ( Which is directly canon ) : It is stated that Shadi created The Pyramid. Which apparently includes a pocket dimension that contains countless stars ( He was shown to alternate it all on a whim ) and a Alternate Universe known as Capsule Monsters. Also... The Millennium Puzle is described as Endless in size by Capsule Monster

Code:
.Whelp .

Those things not being proven in-verse isnt really my concern. Its how they translate to vs battle forms that concerns me.

Infinite ATK =/= Infinite stamina? Thing is, what actually proves this? There's no evidence that Infinite ATK means power as in an energy sense, and even if there is, having infinite energy is much more closer to having endless stamina than just having 3-A power. Otherwise, if this wasnt the case, then even characters like Andriods 16, 17 and 18 would have been each 3-A ever since the Andriod Saga, which definitely isnt true. And this is especially glaring if there are no actual universe feats being done to support this.

In addition, adding Infinity loops to each other doesnt mean its beyond infinity. The only way thats even remotely possible is if your Tier 0, which these guys obviously aren't. Its far more likely to either be another game mechanic like effect or flowerly hyperbole.

Also, I dont know anything about Touhou, but Beyblade has zero game mechanic feats in it and as someone whos the main reason the verse is even on this site at all, I can assure you that its a major false equivalancy to compare it to Yu-Gi-Oh.

Plus, using Joey and Marik is...not a good example to help this get passed. Because neither are consistently deailing with anything beyond human tier attacks. Even with the benefit of the doubt, definitely not tier 3 ones. So if anything, using them just points more to this being another outlier than actually being legit.

Attack, Kougeki in the Japanese version literally means to injure another person by using force.

Do i really have to explain why the word ATTACK implies using FORCE to injure someone?

@Seed

Scans of this being stated would probably help.

Not denying it, but blindly going along with it without material isn't enough either.

@Megaboy

If that is the case, then that helps prove even more of this being an outlier then.

... Agreeable . It was Capsule Monsters episodes 11 & 12 respectively. I recently watched it on Netflix. Now then... How should I go about having and providing scans for it ?

Back